T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning Folks,

Long time luker here looking for some additional assistance.

My business partner and I are looking to create our own MLB style patches (the ones majestic uses), which will be just text (no logos). Due to the nature of the patch it will never have a static set of numbers or letters, so mass production/out sourcing is out of the question.

We would like to build these inhouse and unsure of what machine will be able to tackle this task. We missed ISS, and attended other shows and shops, however we received inconclusive information on what we need.

Since there are so many different patchs done on these jerseys, I have a sample of what I'm looking for.

In regards to machine budget we understand the machine will be costly so once we receive some suggestions and weight their capabilities we'll see what options we have.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Try a google search for "woven label loom" that's the machine that makes labels. Probably out of your budget. Your best bet is to outsource the labels but you typically need to order at least 500.

Try another search for "fabric label tutorials" and you'll come across a way to make them yourself by printing them. Not the same as a woven label but maybe what you're looking for.

·
Registered
582 Posts
The one in your pic is woven. Can be quite cheap if bought in large numbers.

But as you only want text, you should be able to embroider it.
Any commercial membroidery machine will be able to do that.
Look at Happy, SWF, Barudan, Tajima etc.
Once you have your machine, this may be what you are looking for.
AFS - Embroidery Frame

·
Registered
239 Posts
I think it is embroidered on some places
Do you have a machine because than Madeira AFS is something for you it makes badges and is according to Some people here not too expensive. Look on madeirausa.com

Good luck to you!

·
Registered
239 Posts
Sorry bungy we replied the Same I didn' read well According to some people on this forum it costs 280 USD and 75 for the paper but my supplier said to me your machine has to be changed and that costs, according to him, something like 600 USD . Do you know if that is true ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts