T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to create a 2 color design using heat transfer vinyl from two different manufacturers. (using scraps I have from each). One is a cold peel and one is a warm peel vinyl.

Are there any implications for trying to do this? Is it a common practice?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
We have done this with some success, the trick is which ever is done first lets say the cold peel you have to follow the directions for that film, then apply the other on top and follow the directions for that one also. A lot of times the temp, duration, and pressure are different between the two types of film....all in all it can be done.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
996 Posts
I agree with Jon. If the vinyl has two different temps. apply the highest one first then the other. Hoping that they are not layered.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I want to clarify.. I was planning a 2 color layered design with 2 different manufacturers vinyl !!!!

·
Registered
996 Posts
cut with the lower layer having the lower temp and tack in place for about 5 sec. and peel. Place the next layer on top and press for the required time at the higher temp. Good luck.

·
Registered
30 Posts
you can.....even if your are layering with 2 different manufacture....we have done it and they have been fine.....We have put easy weed on top of poli flex...no problem...if in doubt....play with samples....

Hope this helps.
Mike

·
Registered
697 Posts
Anyone have recommendations on best practice for mixing vinyls? I promised a group a digital vinyl printed by heat transfer warehouse (325°) and there will also be some spectra Eco-film on there too at 302°. HTW's techs said do the temp in between (15°) but I keep having premonitions about it all peeling off. The way by design is, laying the lower temp down first will be less hell but some in this thread said lay the higher down first (which makes sense for shrinkage.)

Also doing the front (only 325°) then letting it cool be fore attempting the back sounds good right?

Typically I do it all at the same temp. Feeling like a dummy now!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts