T-Shirt Forums banner
4,801 - 4,820 of 4,866 Posts
So once we fill the carts we have to do a "charge" with the adjustment program? then we are ready to do the "paper test" in EKrip? I have tried to find out what steps to take to do the test print but so far I have not found any actually suggested steps anywhere. We filled all the carts except white, and the white carts we filled with cleaning fluid - any suggestions from here?

or - do I need to purchase another set of carts all for cleaning? we have a CISS system from INKJETCARTS.US

thanks JEff

1.) I posted pics and description on the builders group of how i make my spit tray, there are many ways but it will give you reference.
2.) I would consult with the folks who sell the bulk ink carts systems for your best options, i would start out with refill carts until your familar with how everything works.
3.) Waste ink, any waste bottle or bag will work, its normally set on the side of the base " lower than the printer" It will eject waste ink slightly up gravity but best is lower than the printer.
4.)Always want to flush the system from OEM inks, you will need a set of flushing carts same as regular carts only cleaning solution. you want to get the adjustment program for the P-600 it has an ink charge feature that can be used for charging flushing/ It also has 3 levels of cleaning that can be used for the same. Ink charges require the carts to show completely full after the first use they will never be all full at once again so at that point the 3 different levels of cleaning can be used. adjustment program link was put on the builders group.
5.) I would email the site direct for any updates on the Platen, we are at the mercy of the manufacturer on those. Best wishes

Epson based DIY builders/small printer manufacturers, diy wannabe manufacturers :). In my final contribution to this TSF thread, and in an effort to make it the highest viewed, i will be adding some additional resources here in addition to some of the Facebook groups!

If you have any interest in a truly open source motion control platform- a high quality motion control system at ultra low cost this is for you! :***disclaimer***(I do not profit from this in any fashion) This is a major manufacturer module resource sold thru their suppliers....)

This powerful system (control board module) comes preloaded with its own IDE/simple motion control language, has manufacturer tutorials and support . It is produced by a major manufacturer (no need to be an experienced programmer) It includes a ton of control parameters built in- to run stepper motor control system that follow encoders, lots of features and functions at your finger tips, including additional axis control!! This is a high quality system! The best part its under $100 dollars U.S.. Im hoping this will help a lot of the DIY guys on a small budget with a high quality system/ even the small dtg manufacturers can benefit from the quality and cost savings! Please share and pass it along once the resources are posted , hoping everyone and their brother uses it! :)

In the meantime ----If your a diy guy just starting out- download all the "printer conversion resources you can" ie videos/etc. this is the how to on converting the printer itself. There are currently numerous outlets for "printer conversion" usually produced by the diydtg electronic producers sellers/resellers, these will start to disappear without generating profits from electronic sales get access while you can.

I truly believe this will be an awesome "real" open source diy platform with a low cost module- to build on with tremendous growth possibilities into the future! Having no proprietary board design platforms with full component description and tutorials. high quality low cost, that no one can beat! This should open the door for other manufacturers and diy builders alike, effectively benefiting dtg as a whole! Hope to see a tremendous amount of sharing and open source going on! best wishes!! here's the link scroll down for all the manuals etc! have fun! :)

https://www.trinamic.com/products/modules/details/tmcm-1110/

Let's not forget to mention OpenDTG.

I was foolish enough to buy a T-Dozer kit (looks like they are out of business; website is down, FaceBook Group Closed) and for lack of support just gave up on trying to convert my Epson P600 to DTG using the T-Dozer kit.

Fortunately, I was able to resurrect the project by buying an AIO Board from OpenDTG and upgrading the substandard T-Dozer parts (Stepper Motor, Rail/Pulley System) from OpenBuilds.

Although the Trinamic products look interesting I don't see a solution for a DTG printer from nuts to bolts. If so please provide a link with the total cost.

Last comment, no matter who you buy from a DIY DTG really requires the support of a community that is going through or has gone through the DTG build process. OpenDTG.com offers that type of support as well as a number of options (less expensive to more so) to convert your printer to DTG.

I highly recommend you take a look at what OpenDTG offers.

ddelgrande

Certainly an option along with many other hobby controllers like ufo printer.... The best plug and play that is above the hobby level is the DTG PRINTER | GB DTG TSHIRT PRINTER DIRECT TO GARMENT PRINTER UK although more expensive by about 100 its a complete unit that works well! fyi for those looking for that type! If your a hobbyist programmer different story! but i would reccomend a pic chip (microchip) with no heavy overhead on the chip and one thats fast and doesnt miss encoder counts :) p.s thats what gb dtg printer uses a qaulity pic chip application!

So yes! i agree there are many options and they all come with different levels of quality/support when you truly understand what your looking at from a developer aspect! (key word quality) It is very difficult to make a high quality product professionally engineered on the cheap and provide 24 hour service- that will never exist with cheap quality ardunio style competition! plain and simple! but it comes down to what you want if you start looking into resources including the vids i listed here you will start to get a feel of different qaulity levels and sound noise resonance etc. etc. will be a good first indicator of what you are getting :)

This is why im listing the Trinamic products here its a major manufacturer, is a professional engineered product/s, has all the documentation/help with a simple command language on and on! and wait a live support option also! So it truly is the best ":true open source control module to build on" with a low cost under $100 u.s! that is something a dtgdiy community can get behind and build on into the future with ease and economy! we can leave it at that for starters :) if 3rd party hobby control module was under 100 and the code is free like trinamic that's a true open source, otherwise its just another for profit selling---- hobby boards/parts and memberships (not open source in a nut shell) Trinamic builds would be open source and cheap and most important high quality application! but to each there own on what they want! but again why i posted trinamic in the diy section is because it truly is that!!!!

It is very difficult to make a high quality product professionally engineered on the cheap and provide 24 hour service- that will never exist with cheap quality ardunio style competition! plain and simple!
As for making a high-quality product professional engineered DTG product OpenDTG has done that using the Arduino which has been used by millions of DIYers for a wide range of products.

If you talking about T-Dozer then I fully agree.

As for making a high-quality product professional engineered DTG product OpenDTG has done that using the Arduino which has been used by millions of DIYers for a wide range of products.

If you talking about T-Dozer then I fully agree.
As long as you are happy thats all that matters right!!! :) you should be all set then... let the true open source options be known and the people free to chose, again this is the diy section! There is a ton of free video education available that's non bias on quality let the public decide for themselves whats what.. Trinamic is a true open source plain and simple! when i became aware of options like trinamic and others with the qaulity level and the scale of which a major manufacturer produces, i knew the 3rd party controls had a limited life span... It is controllers like trinamic and other similar options that will be the predominate force in the diy application.. the limited profit options are making the complete machine for resale.. that is limited aswell with epson frequent firmware changes (like the infamous 0x73 in the middle of printer production, along with country specific firmware changes! ) and ink check changes coming in the future (why i moved on) :)

I bought a T-Dozer kit, Jeff . . . And I and a number of others who I've traded emails with are not exactly happy with the way you and Tyler conducted yourselves with regards to T-Dozer's "Business Plan."

I find it completely disingenuous that you failed to include OpenDTG in your links. It is by far the best site on the web for those looking to go the DIY DTG route.

As far as "As long as your happy", I'm happy that T-Dozer isn't screwing any more people . . . that's what make me happy!!!!

I bought a T-Dozer kit, Jeff . . . And I and a number of others who I've traded emails with are not exactly happy with the way you and Tyler conducted yourselves with regards to T-Dozer's "Business Plan."

I find it completely disingenuous that you failed to include OpenDTG in your links. It is by far the best site on the web for those looking to go the DIY DTG route.

As far as "As long as your happy", I'm happy that T-Dozer isn't screwing any more people . . . that's what make me happy!!!!

There are thousands of happy customers, you are one the rare few i guess.. furthermore there are thousands of happy commercial users of the same control system across a couple different brands. im sorry if you feel wronged for it closing.. For the record i moved on over a year ago... whats going on with that control system now, i have no idea!! :)

Trinamic!! diyers that's were its at!!!! along with other similar applications! The 3rd party resellers don't want you to know these options!! but they exist, go get em! :) build on a truly open source! i would love to see this grow into something hugh as it should!!

There are thousands of happy customers, you are the rare few i guess.

I think you guess wrong, although I agree with you that "you have no idea."
I know for fact what the developer sold to commercial 3rd parties and the diy crowd, (when i was there) ! the commercial was 100 fold compared to the diy! but like i said i left over a year ago! so i have no idea who this is being sold to commercially these days! :) you are starting to sound bias ....to certain places, i have posted many options no bias here... :) Im trying very hard to be positive and i don't want to say anything negative about anyone ...maybe your not aware of the past histories of those who used to manufacturer printers turned diy electronic manufacturer! lets leave it at that and move along! :)

TRINAMIC:)

4,801 - 4,820 of 4,866 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.