T-Shirt Forums banner
4,781 - 4,800 of 4,866 Posts
I screw up a few times, but stated Jeff German is a great guy & will be there for you.
His board is one of the best Ive ever seen & when you get it you will agree with your back ground.
It's simple & fool prove, even I could screw it up. worked out of the box.

Re: Mission accomplished "license to thrill" t-dozer build questions

Hi all, got myt-dozer kits in the mail - just waiting on platen parts being drop shipped. also got my P600 same day. unpacked and got my base prepared for assembly, (painting and sealing it and putting our logo on it)

have a few questions - the videos on the tdozer site dont show clearly enough for my vision where the limit switch exactly sits. any suggestions?

the base video says an instruction sheet comes with the elctronics kit but seems to not be ready yet - so I am wondering if anyone knows where I find out that info - maybe it is in the videos on their site, but the titles dont mention it.

I do have to say the base material is nice - furniture quality maple or birch (i believe)plywood milled very well. the electric and other parts were packaged in seperate bags not just thrown together. looking forward to having this running very soon,. thanks and i'll post some pics soon

Discussion starter · #4,784 ·
Re: Mission accomplished "license to thrill" t-dozer build questions

Hi all, got myt-dozer kits in the mail - just waiting on platen parts being drop shipped. also got my P600 same day. unpacked and got my base prepared for assembly, (painting and sealing it and putting our logo on it)

have a few questions - the videos on the tdozer site dont show clearly enough for my vision where the limit switch exactly sits. any suggestions?

the base video says an instruction sheet comes with the elctronics kit but seems to not be ready yet - so I am wondering if anyone knows where I find out that info - maybe it is in the videos on their site, but the titles dont mention it.

I do have to say the base material is nice - furniture quality maple or birch (i believe)plywood milled very well. the electric and other parts were packaged in seperate bags not just thrown together. looking forward to having this running very soon,. thanks and i'll post some pics soon

Regarding the limit switch placement: In the video series you will see reference to lining up the platen to the printer carriage bar, you will place the limit in contact to the platen transport wheel bearing once that is set.. if you have any trouble email the site directly or reference the fb group. very easy! Holidays slowed us, with some of the guys involved traveling etc, it will get up to speed as we go! best of luck

Hey guys, got a few questions... I have an old GT-541, so some of this Epson stuff is new to me.

1) How about the spit tray? It's mentioned in the video, but never shown... what are you guys using so you absolutely don't create any head strikes (or spills)?

2) Ink cartridges... I was gonna buy the ImageArmour bags, but I'm still not 100% sure how the tubes connect (to the bags)... can someone point me to the CIS that works best for the P600? (Chip resetting? Tubing included / or what size works with the bags/carts? A good price? etc).

3) Waste ink tubing... the video shows how to setup the waste ink line, but it doesn't show where the waste ink bottle would go... I assume that line is a gravity system and can't go "upwards", so that means the waste ink bottle needs to be "below" the printer, on the floor? Any suggestions what size bottle/tray is needed? I'm just not sure how fast it fills up, the Brother has a beast of a waste tray the size of a baby diaper.

4) Initializing ink into the system for the first time... I see the OEM spit tray had some ink in it, so they obviously tested the printer before it left the Epson factory... that means there's "photo paper" ink in the print head... what's the method to first initialize with DTG inks? Flush with Cleaning solution first? What's the cheapest method to deal with flushing, just buy a second set of refillable carts and fill them with cleaning solution by hand? What's the go-to cleaning solution that people like best?

Anyway, I'm stoked... just trying to figure out the last of the details.

P.S. Platen just showed up today, thanks guys!!

Discussion starter · #4,786 ·
Hey guys, got a few questions... I have an old GT-541, so some of this Epson stuff is new to me.

1) How about the spit tray? It's mentioned in the video, but never shown... what are you guys using so you absolutely don't create any head strikes (or spills)?

2) Ink cartridges... I was gonna buy the ImageArmour bags, but I'm still not 100% sure how the tubes connect (to the bags)... can someone point me to the CIS that works best for the P600? (Chip resetting? Tubing included / or what size works with the bags/carts? A good price? etc).

3) Waste ink tubing... the video shows how to setup the waste ink line, but it doesn't show where the waste ink bottle would go... I assume that line is a gravity system and can't go "upwards", so that means the waste ink bottle needs to be "below" the printer, on the floor? Any suggestions what size bottle/tray is needed? I'm just not sure how fast it fills up, the Brother has a beast of a waste tray the size of a baby diaper.

4) Initializing ink into the system for the first time... I see the OEM spit tray had some ink in it, so they obviously tested the printer before it left the Epson factory... that means there's "photo paper" ink in the print head... what's the method to first initialize with DTG inks? Flush with Cleaning solution first? What's the cheapest method to deal with flushing, just buy a second set of refillable carts and fill them with cleaning solution by hand? What's the go-to cleaning solution that people like best?

5) Is there an ETA on the dropshipped platens? Been waiting a few weeks now, just haven't heard anything regarding a timeframe.

Anyway, I'm stoked... just trying to figure out the last of the details.
1.) I posted pics and description on the builders group of how i make my spit tray, there are many ways but it will give you reference.
2.) I would consult with the folks who sell the bulk ink carts systems for your best options, i would start out with refill carts until your familar with how everything works.
3.) Waste ink, any waste bottle or bag will work, its normally set on the side of the base " lower than the printer" It will eject waste ink slightly up gravity but best is lower than the printer.
4.)Always want to flush the system from OEM inks, you will need a set of flushing carts same as regular carts only cleaning solution. you want to get the adjustment program for the P-600 it has an ink charge feature that can be used for charging flushing/ It also has 3 levels of cleaning that can be used for the same. Ink charges require the carts to show completely full after the first use they will never be all full at once again so at that point the 3 different levels of cleaning can be used. adjustment program link was put on the builders group.
5.) I would email the site direct for any updates on the Platen, we are at the mercy of the manufacturer on those. Best wishes

Discussion starter · #4,789 ·
Where is the builders group you mentioned? Is it here on t-shirt forums? I'd like to know an eta as well can't finish.the build without those parts of course.! Thanks
Its a face book group, the link is in the annotations on the you tube videos. not allowed to post here due to self promo rules. The rules limit what can be posted without deletion... I will not monitor much here in the coming weeks, counter productive with frequent deletion of posts, takes to much effort and time for the risk of deletion.. that's what the builders group was created for..

(platens)
We are at the mercy of the platen manufacturer for that production, there the leading mfg for platens, i assume they are super busy just coming out of the holidays. email the site direct for updates on platen parts.

Discussion starter · #4,790 ·
What's the maximum platen length the T-Dozer supports? Any chance for support for a 42" platen?
12.5x 18.

No future plans for a 42" which is typically used for over size prints or 2 up platens! "Oversize prints is a very small niche market in the dtg industry, including expensive ink cost on large prints requiring w.u.b

Its better to add an additional printer for production instead of 2 up, you get the added security of no down time also.. From a design standpoint size etc. its not practical. :)

Discussion starter · #4,792 ·
I dig, thanks for the fast response.

Wasn't specifically looking for 2-up, just had some recent designs come in that were ridiculous size (11" x 38", no joke) and figured I'd ask if it was supported.
Beach towels? :) I always tell people to take a look at the standard platen sizes for the Epson/Brother and now Ricoh machines.. They do a ton of market research/ R&D .. Ink cost is the limiting factor with large prints/dtg, along with production time...as im sure you are aware of :)

Yep -- the only downside of the Epson-based R/P series printers is the 12.5" width when I definitely have customers who want a 15" x 15" print. But in 2015 I think we did less than 0.1% at that size, so it's no major loss to anyone who goes with a T-Dozer or any R/P series print solution.

Nice work, and great videos on YouTube as well.

Discussion starter · #4,794 ·
Yep -- the only downside of the Epson-based R/P series printers is the 12.5" width when I definitely have customers who want a 15" x 15" print. But in 2015 I think we did less than 0.1% at that size, so it's no major loss to anyone who goes with a T-Dozer or any R/P series print solution.

Nice work, and great videos on YouTube as well.
Thanks,
Yep.. It comes down to market demand and associated cost.. In both case low and people are now looking for r.o.i at least the veterans:)

I have built machines driving different heads, the problem is the high cost of heads with the same inherit issues as the low cost.. only advantage is impressions per head (if the maintenance is done and doesn't clog) you can buy many low cost heads as a comparison.

I think we are 5-10 years off for these other heads to take off.. Ink chemistry has to be formulated to well built curve algorithms, head cost need to come down, rip software development needs to catch up to the many years lead of epson rip development .. Maybe then look at a low cost system of that nature. ;)

I really think HP could step in and own this market if they wanted... with there plastic disposable print heads built into a cartridge system.. (Absolutely perfect for dtg, relieves 99% of issues with that head type! that's the future I.M.H.O..

I really think HP could step in and own this market if they wanted... with there plastic disposable print heads built into a cartridge system.. (Absolutely perfect for dtg, relieves 99% of issues with that head type! that's the future I.M.H.O..
Would it be possible to build a printer with those plastic disposable print heads built into a cartridge system?

4,781 - 4,800 of 4,866 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.