T-Shirt Forums banner
4,761 - 4,780 of 4,866 Posts
Ouch.... $$$ thought it was going to be less than half that price, is there going to be a board only option.
That is less than $1200 plus a few hours of work.
Compare this with the $16.000 Epson for their printer wants.
Look at it this way:
A Tshirt here in Europe is $1.05 the ink is perhaps 30 cents, and a printed T goes for $15.
Say about $12 profit after all the overhead.
Print and sell 100 Ts and you have your money back.
A very good ROI.

Discussion starter · #4,766 · (Edited)
Skip's R2000.
Is the encoded suppose to move on start up, like when the table back?
Mine doesn't move at all!
The 4 pin ribbon is plugged into the ASF board.

the printer has to be in a ready state is the first step (getting the conversion portion of the printer done correctly)

If you have skype, send me your id.. i have about an hour of free time right now to see what you got going on. I noticed you had error lights on your printer last time, and those must be corrected before anything works. Also skip the last video you showed you didnt have the limit mounted ..you were hand triggering, you really need to mount everything in its position for it to function properly/considering that you have done your conversion properly/

For an example with everything mounted proper. start your printer, the platen will home then eject to front. you can test movement of encoder by pressing the load button to load the platen to the print position at the limit switch.. once there spin your encoder wheel by hand and the platen will follow that movement to test if you have properly set everything up.. hope that helps..

Ouch.... $$$ thought it was going to be less than half that price, is there going to be a board only option.
As a company that needs a White Ink DTG that's built on a trustworthy foundation, I have no problem paying those prices.

The conversion videos alone show how much care was taken to develop this kit... the people involved are proven dudes with legit skills and lots of selfless community support... even Jeff's response to your complaint was tactful and honest, that's valuable to someone who's going to rely on their Dozer for day-to-day business.

You can go get a board from UFO Printers for waaay less than half the price of the Dozer... and there's your solution if you don't wanna pay for USA... it's that simple, you got options.

It was not a complaint it was just a statement of surprise, I thought I read in this thread a few weeks back that it was going to be around the 300 mark for the board alone that was all.

I already have all the other bits and pieces except the custom jumpers which would not be a problem for me to knock up. I know many will probably jump at the listed price it's simply not for me that's all. I'm sure it will prove very popular.

Discussion starter · #4,770 ·
It was not a complaint it was just a statement of surprise,
Arf, I did not take it as a complaint, I certainly respect your position and understand constraints of a budget.

As a company that needs a White Ink DTG that's built on a trustworthy foundation, I have no problem paying those prices.
The conversion videos alone show how much care was taken to develop this kit... the people involved are proven dudes with legit skills and lots of selfless community support... that's valuable to someone who's going to rely on their Dozer for day-to-day business.
I appreciate that you recognize the fundamentals involved, you understand well the target market im pursuing.

Discussion starter · #4,771 ·
I'm limited in detailing inherent differences between controller systems-with self promo rules. like a since removed post where i replied directly to price structure. So i will make this simple without referring to my product development traits or functionality. "There is a reason a Rolex watch and the Lamborghini have the price structure they have"

If you have tested various brands of rip software you also understand the differences coding/ algorithms make from brand to brand, its the same concept with any coded/algorithm based system! Many if not most rip software's include a feature called gap and feed adjust.-this is a tool to overcome a control systems faults or deficiencies in precision movement match, not all control systems require using that tool. Its the end-users diligence to determine which controllers are precision matched out of the gate, along with what best fits their operation features, quality and budget tastes. I will leave it at that :)

Hey Arfer maybe you would understand it better this way. Synchronization is the key here. If you went to an auto parts store and asked to buy a starter you know what question they will ask you. These guys have already done the hard work of calibrating stepper movements and all the other adjustments saving you the hassle. So saving a few bucks and losing hours of sleep is not a trade off. It's insanity.

Gave up on the R200 & bought the P600 listed above for $873.99 Free shipping (TAX IS A KILLER)
Will mail in (or online) the 2 rebates for the $300.00 back.
I think the T-DOZER will be happier with the P600.

That's a great price Skip
I just got a P600 from BH photo in NY (delivering this week) for $430 after the rebate. free shipping and the best price I could find - it was that price until 12/31/15 then it went up. I am getting my T-dozer kit today and would love to talk to anyone who has built or is building one too. I have lots of mechanical experience, I am a machinist and jeweler - so the technical aspects .are of no real concern, but the computer side of things are a little more difficult - sure I can figure it out but would love to have folks to talk to throughout this process.

if anyone has built one and is willing to share - awesome I will be happy to help out with technical/ building of bases, or anything i can as well. thanks

I just got a P600 from BH photo in NY (delivering this week) for $430 after the rebate. free shipping and the best price I could find - it was that price until 12/31/15 then it went up. I am getting my T-dozer kit today and would love to talk to anyone who has built or is building one too. I have lots of mechanical experience, I am a machinist and jeweler - so the technical aspects .are of no real concern, but the computer side of things are a little more difficult - sure I can figure it out but would love to have folks to talk to throughout this process.

if anyone has built one and is willing to share - awesome I will be happy to help out with technical/ building of bases, or anything i can as well. thanks
If one thing I can assure you is that you will be treated like royalty and get everything you need right here. First off Jeff is a great guy and will provide as much support as you will get from a family member. Then the others here will definitely pitch in. You're in good hands.

4,761 - 4,780 of 4,866 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.