T-Shirt Forums banner
4721 - 4740 of 4866 Posts

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,721 ·
Thanks..we will take a look at them. But will these work for ours since it is a R3000?
Yes, it will work for the r3000, you just need to mount it in the original tray. only the cover open wire is different which is shown in the videos you already had. If you have any questions on that contact Tyler.. but yes all the same operation, the r3000 is hard to come by these days but there are still a few out there and few who already have them. This is why i ran the video on the P600.

·
Registered
934 Posts

·
Registered
934 Posts
Andy, A majority of the folks here know that you are owner of Easy T regardless if you have taken your logo and signature off. If you have an idea for something you should pursue that and you have had many years to do so. You have plenty of threads on the forum where you can speak your ideas and tender your customers. Seems you are very interested in the T-Dozer project all the sudden, I don't use arduino programming but i look forward to you starting your free arduino open source project under your own thread, should be interesting project for you,
I'm not hiding who I am.

Can you say the same?

Maybe you should be more open about your quiet affiliation with other DTG products that you can be seen pushing around the internet.

I just thought it needs to be clear that you aren't here out of the kindness of your heart. You're here to post information and videos that then require a purchase from you that has a substantial markup.

You are no different than the people you so loudly railed against. You came on the forum, borrowed information, shared some basics back and then later return to push a product for profit.

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,724 ·
I'm not hiding who I am.

Can you say the same?

Maybe you should be more open about your quiet affiliation with other DTG products that you can be seen pushing around the internet.

I just thought it needs to be clear that you aren't here out of the kindness of your heart. You're here to post information and videos that then require a purchase from you that has a substantial markup.

You are no different than the people you so loudly railed against. You came on the forum, borrowed information, shared some basics back and then later return to push a product for profit.
The information is free on both the conversion and base building, a very detailed valuable resource that no one has done with detail. No one has to use my product they can use any product they want, there are many choices. I have provided free info here since 2010.

·
Registered
934 Posts
The information is free on both the conversion and base building, a very detailed valuable resource that no one has done with detail. No one has to use my product they can use any product they want, there are many choices. I have provided free info here since 2010.
We both know that's not the goal here.

You created a big long thread with no clear instructions to actually make a dtg printer easily then you end it now with what boils down to promotional videos for your controller that you sell.

Funny UFO David started adding these same types of videos a while back and they all got deleted by the moderators as self promotion.

Rodney's inbox would be blowing up if someone else would've pulled this move.

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,726 · (Edited)
You have your facts mixed up. The original T-Dozer was a manual friction drive unit with all the info provided here. Thousands of those have been built and a simple you tube search will confirm that- like this one over three years ago https://youtu.be/GjRqhiq6Zy0 The reason this thread has 700,000 plus views is the free effort and dedication put into it.. Thats all it takes!

·
Registered
934 Posts
You have your facts mixed up. The original T-Dozer was a manual friction drive unit with all the info provided here. Thousands of those have been built and a simple you tube search will confirm that- like this one over three years ago https://youtu.be/GjRqhiq6Zy0 The reason this thread has 700,000 plus views is the free effort and dedication put into it.. Thats all it takes!
Exactly it's because it was free and people working together on a DIY project.

Now it's videos and info to build something that absolutely doesn't work without added electronics which you are pushing.

That's a huge different from what was started and meant to be. Maybe it shouldn't be a DIY sticky thread now that it is a commercial product thread.

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,728 ·
Exactly it's because it was free and people working together on a DIY project.

Now it's videos and info to build something that absolutely doesn't work without added electronics which you are pushing.

That's a huge different from what was started and meant to be. Maybe it shouldn't be a DIY sticky thread now that it is a commercial product thread.
The majority of the serious DIYDTG machines today are being built using a 3rd party controller. The free detailed video resource on the conversion and base will help anyone no matter what product their using (even for the manual friction drive units) . It shows a true evaluation on what it takes to build them and the work involved. This will also deter some from wasting their money if they lack the skills to complete (especially when it comes to the printer conversion, which have lacked detailed instructions to date). Seems your the only one complaining. My project has an alternative site to avoid this kind of drama. I don't depend on TSF, it doesn't affect me either way, i could care less if its here or not! :)

·
Registered
934 Posts
The majority of the serious DIYDTG machines today are being built using a 3rd party controller. The free detailed video resource on the conversion and base will help anyone no matter what product their using (even for the manual friction drive units) . It shows a true evaluation on what it takes to build them and the work involved. This will also deter some from wasting their money if they lack the skills to complete (especially when it comes to the printer conversion, which have lacked detailed instructions to date). Seems your the only one complaining. My project has an alternative site to avoid this kind of drama. I don't depend on TSF, it doesn't affect me either way, i could care less if its here or not! :)
I do have a problem with you coming on here to promote your product when you made such a big stink about me and what I was doing to the point I couldn't even purchase an ad.

In fact every step of the way you and your spectra team did everything you guys could to hurt my business, even publicly falsely stating that my stuff was Chinese made.

Now you come out with a controller that is extremely close to mine and get to advertise it here. Nice double standard.

You can say what you want but you posted the videos knowing the hype and sales it would drive.

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,730 ·
Now you are making false accusations. I have nothing to do with your past business practices. I have been at this hobby for the past 6 years and its well documented 5 years in this thread alone. I have done nothing against the rules here by providing videos documenting build process, and nothing stops you from doing the same! . I certainly have not shown any product or advertise as you suggest, only where a question in relation was asked and replied. The forum is full of those including yours! If so it would be moderated out instantly. If you have a complaint about whats allowed here and whats not, you should take that up with the forum moderation. I don't have control over that, in fact they frequently even delete posts in response to questions from members i post...hence why i have my own site.. I think you need to worry about you and take up your concerns with the forums with the forum..

·
Registered
472 Posts
Enough flame throwing guys. Crying over sour grapes don't change anything. They still remain sour. I know that there has been a ton of information provided by Jeff for many years on this forum and I congratulate him for that. But there is only so much you can give before you expect something back.

So please take this somewhere else.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I agree with priest Jeff has done much for many years to bring DTG to the home DIYer. There are many tube vid's of conversions, many are hidden away and hard to find, many are paid access only. These new ones make it a no brainer to decide if you are capable of doing the required work for a successful conversion. You don't have to use Jeff's board you can do your own electronics but you do have to chop the donor printer up and make a base and all that info is in the simple vid's.

·
Registered
376 Posts
There is so much talk about a controller.
Is a controller absolute requiered?
When it comes done to build the base and convert the printer there is no need to buy any thing from Jeff because the videos are so much detailed that one can not fail following them.

·
Registered
934 Posts
When it comes done to build the base and convert the printer there is no need to buy any thing from Jeff because the videos are so much detailed that one can not fail following them.
Yes a commercial sold controller is 100% required for the new design shown in the videos.

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,736 · (Edited)
No a controller is not required, there are many ways to utilize the base! 1. you would have to modify the base to accept friction drive like the old style Dozer,or 2. you can use a belt system also by mounting the original drive unit in the rear, coupling a pulley to the original shaft. 3. go fancy and use a clutch coupling in addition between pulley and encoder, this method is used on a lot of early generation dtgs running the original motor. also can be run in roll mode in combination to those ideas by locking it into roll and removing the asf unit which it doesn't use in roll mode if you have a higher end printer.. many many many ways to utilize it with the same mods that are years old here- dig thru and you will find it will need some cable extensions to achieve. you would also need a relay switch type system that's also been floating around in here for years to operate. Its not as robust as a controller unit with stepper but it will work as proven in the past. The videos are a huge free value on both the printer conversion and base building. The truth is no one that sells this stuff likes to see these free videos on the process because it affects their bottom line for those that have skills/instructions to build their own. there is no other reason to dispute them and everyone has the same opportunity here to post their own!

As far as a controller is concerned if you do a search here on the forum you will see i started experimenting with micro controllers in 2010. I abandoned posting on the forum because of the associated cost not fitting with the forum guidelines amongst other reasons. that said i have completed automation on these machines for many years but only posted on manual operated dtgs on the forum. There are many levels of automation! the most basic system uses 2 proximity sensors, one at each end of the travel length of platen. A basic start/stop reference so there is not a lot of logic needed to control these, they can work on the basic arduino chip. the disadvantages of the arduino is it runs on low frequencies with high overhead ie it cant process advanced logic/controls/functions quickly simultaneously like the industrial micro controllers- It works great as a basic controller with limited function. Then you have industrial micro controllers that run on high frequencies that can process, control multiple functions simultaneously very quickly for an all inclusive control system, you can also incorporate advance features using only one proximity switch, this requires much more brain and logic to read positions without the second proximity switch. All that said the micro controller/processor is only one component of a control system. (think of computer processors and their different levels of power) The controller requires other components to complete the operation completely there is many ways to process all the control -systems vary in function, type, operation theories. Speak with any professional programmer or electronic engineer to verify the difference in micro processors. I so itched to post up how to do a basic arduino system with this non-sense going on but out of respect for the guys like dragonknight,mikistromar,john2880, and others whose lively hood depends on it i refrained! Its hard but they put in the time, effort, cost, shared, and i respect that! Basic system only requires reading and understanding basics of electronics, arduino has workshops.. I also suggest you read John2880's post, he gives some solid advice on how to achieve the goal.

The plan with the base was to create something very robust that anyone could build or have built very economically and simple- essentially taking the profit margin out of the base! that was successful and is truly what all the fuss is about here! One more step for someone to complete then it will finally be the end of it all--> Im sure it wont be long before a diy member posts on a basic arduino control system, that will a fantastic day! At that point there will be nothing left to profit on for the guys looking for basic control systems. you will see the biggest magic trick here ever, the disappearing act of those merely after personal gain! cant wait :)

·
Registered
934 Posts
Im sure it wont be long before a diy member posts on a basic arduino control system, that will a fantastic day! At that point there will be nothing left to profit on for the guys looking for basic control systems. you will see the biggest magic trick here ever, the disappearing act of those merely after personal gain! cant wait :)
Yes there will be.

The end user could care less if there is 1 limit switch or 2. They are looking for what the printer can do.

The print speed, print quality, 2 pass and end results will be the exact same on a 1 switch or 2 switch machine.

Many users and Spectra DIY shows that.

·
Registered
934 Posts
No a controller is not required, you would have to modify the base to accept friction drive like the old style Dozer.
But be clear and 100% honest.

To follow the base videos you uploaded and the instructions on the epson conversion video the person MUST have a controller that is sold for hundreds of dollars. The videos advise getting rid of the ASF assemble which is impossible without a controller and connecting a stepper motor.

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,739 ·
Yes there will be.

The end user could care less if there is 1 limit switch or 2. They are looking for what the printer can do.

The print speed, print quality, 2 pass and end results will be the exact same on a 1 switch or 2 switch machine.

Many users and Spectra DIY shows that.
Its going to be fantastic! :) like i said i cant wait hopefully you contribute it to the forum! your right the hobbyist will not care, and its a great asset to the diy guys here! It will open up a great format and avenue to educate the differences in all the aspects! :)

4721 - 4740 of 4866 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.