T-Shirt Forums banner
4701 - 4720 of 4866 Posts

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,704 · (Edited)
looking forward to the information and link to your site
Still working on the site, but i decided to open up the you tube videos so everyone can get a good overview on the conversion and base. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3E0ZJ4hQw2elbnFTf0OMvw

The picture below is the finished product. I will be running actual print videos also in the next week or 2. Hope you guys enjoy! and yes that is a wood base in the video :)

Attachments

·
Registered
472 Posts
Still working on the site, but i decided to open up the you tube videos so everyone can get a good overview on the conversion and base. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3E0ZJ4hQw2elbnFTf0OMvw

The picture below is the finished product. I will be running actual print videos also in the next week or 2. Hope you guys enjoy! and yes that is a wood base in the video :)
You finally took the leap. Congrats well deserved.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Wow,great bild video, the best I've seen.
You are going to get loaded with "????" & I will be the 1st.
I see the R3000 & new P600, will it work on the R2000 I'm building or will be setting up later for it?
I ordered the R2000 3 years when I 1st started this, they have been in COLD storage till now.
If the R2000 is a go put me down for the wiring kit.
Next Epson 4880????

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,708 · (Edited)
Wow,great bild video, the best I've seen.
You are going to get loaded with "????" & I will be the 1st.
I see the R3000 & new P600, will it work on the R2000 I'm building or will be setting up later for it?
I ordered the R2000 3 years when I 1st started this, they have been in COLD storage till now.
If the R2000 is a go put me down for the wiring kit.
Next Epson 4880????
Thanks.. The goal with the videos was to give the potential builder a true comprehensive video review of whats involved in the printer conversion and base build, this way a potential builder could determine if they have the necessary skill set to complete it! I went with wood because its an inexpensive product and there is at least one carpenter in every town- if the builder is not :) Diy dtg is not for every one, a fair assessment is needed for the project along with the detailed video "how to" not a lot of hand holding with these builds and modest product pricing to value ratio.

Im not a big fan of the R2000 because of the way the ink resets work and how the carriage does a dance sequence of shaking the carts during. Will it work, yes but not the optimal printer for dtg IMHO. I prefer the new generation printers like the r3000/p600 a better machine all the way around with separate ink bay. Also pressurized ink system which makes the ink flow much better compared to the carts over the head older generation gravity feed units! The 48xx 38xx printers are to slow for my liking, but maybe in the future. My board is set up for those that want to start with a low cost machine like the 1430 to learn the trade and then move up, the 1430 is a good entry level printer to learn the trade. Or for experienced users you can start with a production oriented r3000/p600 unit out of the gate. The board has a mode selection on board and firmware control can be switched between machines, its a great value considering you will not need to buy another board between the 3 units unless you want to expand adding additional printers. Hope that helps!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Sounds good to me what you are doing.
Using what I have to start with & if the business follows would up grade or build second unit.
Right now do mostly Laser engraving, CNC router & CNC Plasma cutting, having built the 2 CNC Machines.
I enjoy DIY & this is new to me as now & hope to improve as I go.
Have also built 4- 3D printer to play with as you can see in my 1st video.
The 4880 will be UV ink to add color for my customers, which they seem to what these days.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Watched the All the videos even subscribed to the channel. :) I've been trying to find DTG full tutorials with parts and support and you sir are Godsend.I will be waiting for this everyday.Please add me on your facebook page.I am Anaiah in FB :) TIA

·
Registered
229 Posts

I was wondering if you could help me. After buying all the parts for our r3000 conversion, Tyler from Spectra talked me into trading in our Avenger board for the new t-dozer board...which I did. After following all his videos for build we got to the part where we built the shelf to mount boards to and realized that the tdozer board does not fit in the space allowed with the over boards. I emailed Tyler and he said they figured that out and were mounting the boards different now since a motor sensor (or something like that) was no longer needed with the tdozer board...said he would have videos up at end of the week to help. That was over 2 weeks ago (and I know they are super busy) but now he won't email me back. We need to get our build finished and I see yours is similar so any help you can give us would be great so we can get are build done. Thanks Cheryl

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,714 ·
I was wondering if you could help me. After buying all the parts for our r3000 conversion, Tyler from Spectra talked me into trading in our Avenger board for the new t-dozer board...which I did. After following all his videos for build we got to the part where we built the shelf to mount boards to and realized that the tdozer board does not fit in the space allowed with the over boards. I emailed Tyler and he said they figured that out and were mounting the boards different now since a motor sensor (or something like that) was no longer needed with the tdozer board...said he would have videos up at end of the week to help. That was over 2 weeks ago (and I know they are super busy) but now he won't email me back. We need to get our build finished and I see yours is similar so any help you can give us would be great so we can get are build done. Thanks Cheryl
Hi Cheryl,

The Tdozer board mounts in the original tray, these are the video series you need to complete the conversion. best of luck.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3E0ZJ4hQw2elbnFTf0OMvw

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,715 · (Edited)
Like the board with the single and double pass. Can you do a single pass with under-base? And which rip work best in your view?
thanks.. yes.. you would run it as a single pass on the printer the rip handles the single pass color/ white. Rip software is all a matter of preference of the end user. i have never found one rip that has it all per se. test the various rips and you will find one to your liking. I know many people use/ own multiple brands of rip software depending on what there printing. I let the rip guys deal in those matters :) Im only interested in the machine end so i stay away from software/ink/supplies and leave that to the end users choice.

·
Registered
178 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
He a juck & won' t sell you anything, plus don't take PayPal
I'm curious where this info is coming from?

I've been researching the UFO setup for a while now, plenty of forum users who have multiple UFO's running... lotsa threads about it if you search "UFO Printer":

http://www.t-shirtforums.com/diy-dtg/t458370.html

I was actually wondering why T-Dozer chose to use wood instead of opting for the openbuild model that UFO and Spectra use... admittedly, a bit more expensive... it just seems like the Lego-style of openbuilds are a little nicer, lighter, more accessible than carpentry (no mess, no real tools needed, no painting, etc):

V-Slot™ Linear Actuator Bundle (Belt Driven) - OpenBuilds Part Store

Anyway, that's just aesthetic... the only thing stopping me from buying a UFO was this recent thread update... the current T-Dozer is looking ideal... an American made version of the UFO without the Spectra pricetag (I need two machines running at the same time, still can't anywhere near afford $25,000 in DTG's though)... so DIY is the ticket.

I'm curious what ballpark pricetag the T-Dozer is gonna have though?

-
@german13: Thank you so much for the P600 videos, those were extremely helpful in understanding all the reasoning behind the chopping process... that was huge and exceptionally well done!

4701 - 4720 of 4866 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.