T-Shirt Forums banner
4681 - 4700 of 4866 Posts

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,681 ·
Sorry what I was asking about is drawing of the mechanical structure of the build as a kit with plans. Sorry I was so vague with the question.
edit: Yes.

The goal is to put a couple different plans together using the same drive system on both wood and extrusion systems (depending the diyers budget), with resources on where to purchase. There is already a ton of resources on the printer conversion itself here and on youtube, no need to touch on that much. I typically slow down in the fall and winter which will allow time for that, its just a passion hobby for me at the end of the day. Im hoping the legacy of this thread becomes the #1 view/hits on the TSF forums with people continuing to share there builds. etc .etc

·
Registered
376 Posts
Its getting closer :) You have been here forever Norbert! Hope all is well and what are you up to in Germany these days?
Yes I have read all the posts and be very thankfull for all your work and time spent on this issue. There is perhaps nobody in the world with your knowledge about DIY-DTG.
I am living on Wellfare in a home for elderly ( I am 81) have my own very nice room, all meals and like every body else in Germany free medical care and free medication and can choose the docters I want; (It's about time that that also comes to the USA.)
At this moment I am in the process to build a T Shirt printer, bought an Epson 1500W have allready dismantled it and are starting to build the base with wood. It will take quite a while
because I am very short on money but should be ready by Christmas. I do this to be a little busy.
Will take pictures to show the progress in a few days.

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,688 ·
Yes I have read all the posts and be very thankfull for all your work and time spent on this issue. There is perhaps nobody in the world with your knowledge about DIY-DTG.
I am living on Wellfare in a home for elderly ( I am 81) have my own very nice room, all meals and like every body else in Germany free medical care and free medication and can choose the docters I want; (It's about time that that also comes to the USA.)
At this moment I am in the process to build a T Shirt printer, bought an Epson 1500W have allready dismantled it and are starting to build the base with wood. It will take quite a while
because I am very short on money but should be ready by Christmas. I do this to be a little busy.
Will take pictures to show the progress in a few days.
If i remember correctly i think you were in NY for awhile before going back to Germany? Well, Norbert i hope i can retain the health,energy and drive you have at 81! Its good to keep busy, keeps the mind healthy- My father always relayed how important it was to keep busy.. looking forward to seeing your project !

·
Registered
376 Posts
Yes I was 25 years in NYC but became bladder cancer and the right way to fix this was to remove the bladder and the prostata. But it ts custom by such an operation (so I was told) to not close the cut which was fast the full lenght of the stomach and must heal from inside out. This process took months and the muscels also got week and I must again learn to walk in rehab.They found out that I had some money in a bank account and took from it $78.000 leting me with very little to live with. When that money run out but I could already walk again but was not fit to work I had only one possibility which was back to Germany and go on Welfare.

·
Registered
73 Posts
How far off from launching this?

Any mailing list I can get on to let me know when it's available?

Thanks

Here is a couple pics of the system, im assuming its ok to post for people asking to see it. Spent a lot of time designing the system with the diy builder in mind, eliminated any soldering requirements. Still have alot work to do with logistics/ videos/ inventory but the system is done and fully tested.

1. full featured system 1 or 2 pass selection mode/ auto rewind
2. uses the printer power supply, no external power to contend with.
3. easy plug system.
4 fully automatic also eliminates the asf/paper tray, controlling the asf electronically.
5. designed to fit inside original epson electronic tray for mounting.

·
Registered
91 Posts
1. full featured system 1 or 2 pass selection mode/ auto rewind
2. uses the printer power supply, no external power to contend with.
3. easy plug system.
4 fully automatic also eliminates the asf/paper tray, controlling the asf electronically.
5. designed to fit inside original epson electronic tray for mounting.
Glad to see more options for microcontroller diy builds. The other ones I have seen are Spectra, UFO, and one pulled from an Easy T. Your design is a great next step for the platform.

Is there any plans to support the 17" epson printers?

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,696 ·
I'm back & watching this one!
Thanks for watching. Tried updating a few days back but someone complained with self promo. I will add my site in my signature when i have completed the vids and 3d modeling on bases! working hard on this and recorded 6 vids today! feel free to share all the free base instruction and modeling files here on this thread once complete from my site! Answered on this thread also! stay tuned :) http://www.t-shirtforums.com/diy-dtg/t620465.html#post3370065

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,700 ·
Still watching daily. Need anything, just holler.
Thanks Dennis! I have 3 hours of videos recorded "converting the printer" and "Building the base" a new design and techniques on both . Have some trimming and editing and the likes to complete. I call it the black widow project. lol :) I put a tremendous effort and amount of thought into the project considering all aspects that could be encountered " a be all end all resource". I know the site will grow and im even considering adding a basic arduino code diy control system for those that want a basic control system in the future. I will add several diy projects as it goes along that are dtg related machines;) I know i will need a couple of moderators/administrators for the site in the future and will be looking for long time members and experienced builders for that. If anyone has interest in that let me know..

4681 - 4700 of 4866 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.