T-Shirt Forums banner
4661 - 4680 of 4866 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
so with everyone who has made a homemade dtg, i am wondering is it something which you have used for some time now, as this thread is a couple of years old, are you still using it, or has it malfunction. just wanting to know the long term if it is still working and printing as good as it did when you 1st did the design.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My first build was dtg printer based on Epson R1800 printer, almost two years ago. Printer Still working in my friend's shop. Only print head changed after 1 year (printer were used early). Approximately 3 t-shirt by day.

·
Registered
309 Posts
FYI T-Dozer DIY'ers. I was recently informed that T-Dozer will be making diy kits plug and play electronics and bases or a combination available for the P600, R3000 and 1430. I'm friends with the guy's at Spectra and this is straight from them and why they discontinued there DIY options. I'm told electronics are in production now and this is about 30 days away.

·
Registered
642 Posts
No more R3000 Avenger Shields available. They only have them for the 1430 printers. When they run out of those, and I doubt they will sell anymore for the DIY'ers. They never sold the controller alone, it was packaged with the pulleys, belts, brackets and wiring etc.

UFO Printers currently sells a controller for $350

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,672 ·
I believe it when I see it .
I wonder why Jeff (German13) is not announcing this.
Hello Norbert.

Its true! :) The T-Dozer control board will be available in 1430/R3000/ and P-600, someone let it slip ahead of time :) Its a plug and play full featured, commercial controller, professionally engineered, manufactured using the latest technology and surface mount technology. There will be a website for it when complete and i will try and post a picture of the system here when i get it in my hand, looking like 3-4 weeks. Technically its not diy only the conversion of the printer is diy and there is a million resources for that already so im no sure if it will be allowed on this section. ill try :)

·
Registered
642 Posts
Hey Jeff, Island Designs broke the news to us last week. Looking forward to what you have.

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,674 ·
Hey Jeff, Island Designs broke the news to us last week. Looking forward to what you have.
Here is a couple pics of the system, im assuming its ok to post for people asking to see it. Spent a lot of time designing the system with the diy builder in mind, eliminated any soldering requirements. Still have alot work to do with logistics/ videos/ inventory but the system is done and fully tested.

1. full featured system 1 or 2 pass selection mode/ auto rewind
2. uses the printer power supply, no external power to contend with.
3. easy plug system.
4 fully automatic also eliminates the asf/paper tray, controlling the asf electronically.
5. designed to fit inside original epson electronic tray for mounting.

Attachments

·
Registered
642 Posts
WOW, this looks sweet. Its gonna fit right in with the power supply/main board. Even has a built in jumper.

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,678 ·
Very cool! Congratulations! Do you have an estimated price yet?
Same as the Avenger, now its full featured. T'was a collaboration using spectra engineered algorithms. If you notice it only has one position sensor. It uses a smart logic interface to track position at all times real-time, highly advanced system and there is no system like it that doesn't use/read rip command control! Most systems use 2 position sensors and read logic from those points nothing in between during print.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Same as the Avenger, now its full featured. T'was a collaboration using spectra engineered algorithms. If you notice it only has one position sensor. It uses a smart logic interface to track position at all times real-time, highly advanced system and there is no system like it that doesn't use/read rip command control! Most systems use 2 position sensors and read logic from those points nothing in between during print.
Is there any plans for hardware plans?

4661 - 4680 of 4866 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.