T-Shirt Forums banner
4641 - 4660 of 4866 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
i am working on building one out of a free 2200 i got, but having some issues with my printer not functionalling correctly, it turns on and goes into error mode.Does anyone in here know anything about 2200?

tried to make a post about it, but it wont let me,

thank in advance

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Jeff, Spider,
Thank you for sharing these informations to us. I had been reading and doing my printer for almost a year now even if all the videos are not available anymore but i still manage to make my own epson r2000. Right now i am able to print already using ekrip but i have no luck of getting good results in printing white ink in dark tshirt since the white becomes grayish. I know this is because of dye migration but i just want to ask if there is a way to get even not a perfect but at least acceptable for customer? Please help me what's the best setting in ekrip in printing dark tshirt. I really wanted to be successful in this project as i am jobless right now and hoping that this could help me earn a living. Thank you for your big help always. God bless!

Thank

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,648 ·
Hi Jeff, Spider,
Thank you for sharing these informations to us. I had been reading and doing my printer for almost a year now even if all the videos are not available anymore but i still manage to make my own epson r2000. Right now i am able to print already using ekrip but i have no luck of getting good results in printing white ink in dark tshirt since the white becomes grayish. I know this is because of dye migration but i just want to ask if there is a way to get even not a perfect but at least acceptable for customer? Please help me what's the best setting in ekrip in printing dark tshirt. I really wanted to be successful in this project as i am jobless right now and hoping that this could help me earn a living. Thank you for your big help always. God bless!

Thank
Greetings.

Your issue could be caused by several factors. First make sure your getting enough pretreat on the shirt and i recommend using DuPont inks and Image armor pretreat.

Ek rip starting point- the White ink settings in ek rip you will need to experiment with, start by going to settings on the white under base, set drop size to medium, mode mixed, ink level 4 (passes per line), density 300%. Adjust ink level/density from testing to your liking. Best wishes never give up everyone struggles at one point or another!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thank you very much Jeff! Yes i did use dupont ink and image armour as you mentioned in your previous post previously. Also, i tried playing in the setting as well in the white underbased portion and i think i tried level 4 & 300% as well. But it seems the white ink is smudging in the edge. I tried adjuating the choke as well to maximum 40 but still not good. It could be because i set my opacity and color contrast to -50 each. Or it could be i havent applied enough pretreatment. But i will try again your suggestion. Im hoping i could get it right. Kodus to you Jeff! after all these years you are still very helpful to others.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi All

I am new here and after reading some of the conversation here I though you might be able to help me.
I build DIY DTG with epson 1430 printer. After spending two weeks and few adjustment the printer start to work very nicely. How ever I have no experiance with ink adheasion to the T shirt. What type of ink or spray on glue I have to use for ink to adhear to the T shirt. In my first trial all the ink was washed away.
Please let me know if you know the process?
Cheers.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks Boguslaw
I did have a quick look at the dupont textlie inks. Just some more details:
Epson 1430 printer comes with 6 ink cartridge. Yellow, Black, Ligh Cyan, Light Magend, Magenda and Cyan.
There are CISS cartridges that comes with already filled stock inks (for paper only I guess) but I could not find dopunt textile inks in CISS systems yet. Do you have to buy them in individual bottles and fill the CISS system? Also I did see some chineas brand textile inks from this link:
Textile Sublimation Ink for Epson (SI-MS-TS1104#) - China Textile Sublimation Inks, Textile Inks
Is sublamination textile ink is the same as textile ink? Would you recomed it?
Sorry as you see I am a bigginer but love to learn about DTG prinitng. Appritiate your or any one else help on this.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Thanks Boguslaw
I did have a quick look at the dupont textlie inks. Just some more details:
Epson 1430 printer comes with 6 ink cartridge. Yellow, Black, Ligh Cyan, Light Magend, Magenda and Cyan.
There are CISS cartridges that comes with already filled stock inks (for paper only I guess) but I could not find dopunt textile inks in CISS systems yet. Do you have to buy them in individual bottles and fill the CISS system? Also I did see some chineas brand textile inks from this link:
Textile Sublimation Ink for Epson (SI-MS-TS1104#) - China Textile Sublimation Inks, Textile Inks
Is sublamination textile ink is the same as textile ink? Would you recomed it?
Sorry as you see I am a bigginer but love to learn about DTG prinitng. Appritiate your or any one else help on this.
Sublimation ink is totaly different ink for different printing method.

I've tested chinese inks and I haven't find even one suplier that would give good quality.

You usualy buy ink in bulk bottles or in bags like those below:

DTG Direct-To-Garment Bagged Ink

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Boguslaw
Good that I checked with you. I did send email to firbird in regard to the availabe colours for my epson printer. (there are two colours in my printer that I did not see in firebird websit: light megenta, and ligh cyan
) will wait for there respond.

Thanks Again for you support. have gread day.

4641 - 4660 of 4866 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.