T-Shirt Forums banner
4621 - 4640 of 4866 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
currently a very small company with high demand..
This boggles my mind!
There is nobody here in Germany doing conversions. There was a forum about DIY but they more often referred to your forum and it went nowhere.
This company has a representation here.
http://www.digital-drucker-textil.de/
I am seriously thinking to start building a unit comes winter and see how it goes. It is too tempting to make a few bucks.
Should not be that problematic for me since I follow this forums over all this 4 years and have read and understood every thing.

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,623 ·
This boggles my mind!
There is nobody here in Germany doing conversions. There was a forum about DIY but they more often referred to your forum and it went nowhere.
This company has a representation here.
Digitaler Direktdruck für Textil
I am seriously thinking to start building a unit comes winter and see how it goes. It is too tempting to make a few bucks.
Should not be that problematic for me since I follow this forums over all this 4 years and have read and understood every thing.
Sounds like a plan :)
I will touch base with you when it slows down a bit via Skype and can give you an overview on the spectra system..

·
Registered
17 Posts
Looks and works very good.
Congratulation!
Specially like the use of the easily available Alu Profiles.
What criteria brought you to move the printer instead of the platen?
I chose this way of doing because I wanted it to be as simple as possible, but also versatile, it is a flatbed printer with DTG in mind but can also print on anything up to 150mm thick as bed height is adjustable.

My print area is 320mm by 850mm but I can make the length as long as I want just by using longer liner actuators.

BTW

Each side is driven by the motor as I have a drive shaft connecting the linear actuators,

I found all my components on the internet.

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
I chose this way of doing because I wanted it to be as simple as possible, but also versatile, it is a flatbed printer with DTG in mind but can also print on anything up to 150mm thick as bed height is adjustable.

My print area is 320mm by 850mm but I can make the length as long as I want just by using longer liner actuators.

BTW

Each side is driven by the motor as I have a drive shaft connecting the linear actuators,

I found all my components on the internet

at first I saw the forum was the issue of construction of printers for T-shirts didactic way, but now I see that everything is secret and marketing interests, a reality that was sought miki he came here a lot of information for your project engine by step and then simply disappeared, apparently I have to hire a programmer to help me automate my printer and post the code here for everyone .......

·
Registered
376 Posts
at first I saw the forum was the issue of construction of printers for T-shirts didactic way, but now I see that everything is secret and marketing interests
It is still a didactic way of building a DTG printer. In reallity nothing here is secret. If you are constructing one and have a problem there are people here jumping in to help you solve the problem.
But you can not expect that some one spents countless hours with a step by step approach for each of the Epson models.
In respect to marketing it is up to every one to make a few bucks after they have done their homework.

·
Registered
27 Posts
It is still a didactic way of building a DTG printer. In reallity nothing here is secret. If you are constructing one and have a problem there are people here jumping in to help you solve the problem.
But you can not expect that some one spents countless hours with a step by step approach for each of the Epson models.
In respect to marketing it is up to every one to make a few bucks after they have done their homework.

much help to set up a printer with roll friction, here in the forum system is not necessary since there are abundant information on this, refer to the linear drive systems to carry heavier trays which hide all information under lock and key

I'm almost finished my unit friction roller and I'll post pics in a few days and already started the engine by step programming using Arduino

I am using the code miki and initially everything goes well, soon I'll post a working code here for anyone wanting to set up their units for their own use without secrets

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,631 ·
It look like you didn't expect your project to be this successful so fast. Does that mean there will be no kits as promised?
Hello Rudy,
Dtg is a hobby for me, my day job is in the plastic industry. I don't have any affiliation with Spectra, im just friends with them and I know the guy well that designed the electronics, this allowed me to view the behind the scenes development.. Even the plastic parts have been sourced in jersey now.. Seems everyone one wants to give me the credit for this but its not my handy work, im certainly not an electronic engineer :) I like the printer and answer a lot of questions on it because I know these guys and how it works. That said I have recommended for them to offer "build your own set ups" however im not in control of what they do jay and the electronics guy are the owners and call the shots. It seemed they embraced the idea at first and it looks as if this has been put on the back burner because there super busy... try sending them a contact direct and if enough people show interest it may change there minds.. I think there mentality is its a small market for just the electronics.. If you need plastic though im your guy :) If your looking for the conversion portion of the r3000 there are a few on here that have done one, ask them to post on it etc. most are reluctant to share because its a lot of work and they want to make profit on it and diy section is not the place for this even though some try that approach.

·
Registered
472 Posts
That said I have recommended for them to offer "build your own set ups" however im not in control of what they do jay and the electronics guy are the owners and call the shots.
Ok I get it. I wish you had more stakes in it as a pioneer in dtg DIYing and someone who has devoted so much to the cause. You deserve a payday.

·
Registered
376 Posts
most are reluctant to share because its a lot of work
Hw many hours are needed for the conversion suposing one has gained the experience?
What drive for the table does the Spectra have and why are electronics required. I guess those are not necesary rather bells and whistels.
As I wrote earlier comes Winter I will take on this task.

·
Registered
38 Posts
hello all :)
im new (no im not into DTG ... but ... :p)
so im just hobbling around looking at DIY stuffs on the net ... and then this thread happens ... (and no im not looking for thing to profit off from)

so i went about the thread ... started to read post 1 ... cant see any videos or picture links to aid the modding process ... in first 10 pages

then i skipped to page 51 and wala ... post number 759. leozitro has modded 1 printer (a youtube post)

i am guessing either i have not enough post count to read how you guys made 1 ... or the data is no longer available?

could some one point me to a certain direction? :p hopefully it will keep my mind distracted for some time :D

(edit : i noticed some posts about steppers, here is my tinkering with a very long "rail" glide ... nothing fancy just odds and ends http://3roomlab.blogspot.sg/2013/04/041-x-axis-revisited.html)

·
Registered
38 Posts
OK, Here are the ink cost derived from the rip software.. Hope i got all the math right..:)

the ml price is based on dtginks.com 16oz bottles

cmyk 16oz (473.17ml) currently = 81.00 = 0.17 cents a ml

white 16oz (473.17ml) currently =115.00= 0.25 cents a ml (rounded up)

the rip calculator has you enter cents/per ml price..

rather than write all the info from the rip i just took a screen shot with the calculator and image!!!

the 720x2 surfshark 12x13 i printed and posted the vid and pic of cost $2.97 per print per the rip calc.. level 2 color/ level 3 white..

the same image cmyk only 0.27 cents..

I also calculated droping the color to level one and the white to level 2 (this dramatically drops the cost down to 2.06 per print)

If any anyjet sprint user is interested in the settings for 720x2 printing i can take a screen shot of them for you to view for your set-up if you are having difficulty doing this.. If its true that no other rip is able to get a good white underbase in 720 res.. i can say with confidence ekrip is unrivaled at this point and providing cheaper printing cost in the 720 res... I guess the slogan under there name there says it all.....

Eukon Digital, Inc.

""Technology for Fast Digital Color Textile Printing"":D

hope its helpful!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
reference to my first post, i cant see any pics ... :confused:
(i need some bits of education here, they are removed ... due to copyright?)

·
Registered
38 Posts
:)

i agree, i think most issues with the epson based is third party added firmware..theres no doubt about that...

i think we can resolve the ink issue by going with an ecosolvent half solvent half water... this is what brothers ink consists of among other quality printers printing ink!!;)

I have a design that we built at the same time as this one on the vids... we have kept a lid on it:D
we beleive that it is a incredible design!! im going to try and bring it to market!! we had been looking for an invester, however we did not want to disclose the design so it posed a problem getting one...

so we thought we would just start doing this ourselves on a build to order basis!! either supply the base for the home conversion or do the complete conversion ourselves with a new customer supplied printer!! again its engineered around the operating principles of the stock printer..

we are confident we can build it cheaper than most can do at home with rip included (with profit)..:) this does not include printer cost!! so we are looking at our start up options, hopefully producing these by late winter early spring... still no added firmware... its a completly different design, with the minimalist in mind:D our belief is a faster, smaller, less electronic design with good software is better , simply adding more printers for production... our take or view is the printer is a throwaway once used for its maximum prints replace the entire unit at a cheap cost-in most cases no more than a single printhead cost..for the 1900... and from my viewpoint i (think) epson views it in the same light!!

we hope to make it a reality!!!!:)
Try not to become a man of success but a man of value.
Albert Einstein
An idea is salvation by imagination.
Frank Lloyd Wright​

oh snap ... i back tracked from page 51 ... and saw this. i suppose by this, there will be no more "instructables" available for other DIYers? :confused:
so i am guessing i can actually get some kind of conversion kit? yes?

*edit* found and read the pdf ver 2. this DIY DTG thingy is really interesting read

4621 - 4640 of 4866 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.