T-Shirt Forums banner
4601 - 4620 of 4866 Posts

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,606 ·
Has someone build a printer using the Epson R3000?

Posting from Stuttgart/Germany
Norbert we use the Epson R3000 on our commercial offering currently. See the signature below for videos of its operation :) We are the only one using it commercially currently and have have been for quite awhile.. If your considering it for a personal build its a great printer you cant get a better printer and that's based on experience from building all the different Epson models :)

·
Registered
472 Posts
Norbert we use the Epson R3000 on our commercial offering currently. See the signature below for videos of its operation :) We are the only one using it commercially currently and have have been for quite awhile.. If your considering it for a personal build its a great printer you cant get a better printer and that's based on experience from building all the different Epson models :)
Now all I need is the plans for that commercial build.:D:D

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,609 · (Edited)
expect, german13 said that later this month, will have videos for diy dtg plan
We are pressing to get it done in 30 days were soooooo busy with future endeavors, one step at a time. I cant post product info due to self promo rules but when its done im sure it will reach here :) foes are always lurking in the shadows :)

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,611 ·
I wonder what ever happened to color fingers? I haven't seen any thing from him in quite a while.
Rudy, Im not sure, I haven't spoke with him in a few years. hopefully he is doing well. I know he was always busy with projects and im sure something there is keeping him busy...

·
Registered
376 Posts
I guessed that you have done that.
BTW, great work. Congratulation!

·
Registered
376 Posts
We are pressing to get it done in 30 days were soooooo busy with future endeavors, one step at a time. I cant post product info due to self promo rules but when its done im sure it will reach here :) foes are always lurking in the shadows :)
An endeavor has success and will be rewarding money wise if it is not known by many.
This build is such!
Start making a bit extra money selling the planes. Ebay comes to my mind.
You deserve it with all the time you have spent over the last 4 years.

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,615 ·
Question to german13.
Jeff in the description of the printer on the Web Site it says:
"Commercial grade transport system"
How does it work?
Did you go away from the friction drive?
Screw Drive?
Hello Norbert.

The Spectra Transport system is a belt drive unit using an upgraded more powerful motor (not the Epson Motor) It uses a tuc loc platen system with a quick swap platen and multiple sizes to chose from (standard adult, youth, baby etc.) Industrial strength application driven by custom electronics that are professionally engineered. Crazy busy as it has become in extreme demand. I hope to make more time for future projects but right now its not possible.. hope it helps.

·
Registered
376 Posts
hope it helps.
Yes it does.
It´s about time that you are making that greens.
Using like you said: "Industrial strength application driven by custom electronics that are professionally engineered."
Why did you not go with a screw drive? More bells and whistles!

In respect to the tuc loc platen system this is patented by Livingston Systems, LLC.
Hope you got it from them in order to be covered.

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,620 · (Edited)
Question to german13
Are you planning to exhibit at Fespa Show in Germany?
FESPA 2015 The Launch Platform For Print
Hello Norbert.

Spectra does only a limited # of tradeshows in the u.s. currently a very small company with high demand.. There is several people involved that contribute to its success..

Tuc-loc: yes tuc-loc is a patented platen system and we use there product on the machine (they make the spectra platens).

Belt Drive: they went with belt drive based on design of the transport and electronics. so all things were considered mechanically and electronically- print quality being paramount.

We will be doing some filming next week, this is for training for tech/service. Im not sure but maybe those vids can be used in the future projects the decision is not mine to make as far as timing.. we will see where it goes.. I will update you when I have more info on where there going with the other projects..

4601 - 4620 of 4866 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.