T-Shirt Forums banner
4541 - 4560 of 4866 Posts

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,541 ·
Just thought I would post this here for the folks who are not aware of the new pretreat developed by the company that makes the viper pretreat machines! Its called "Image Armor" and its an awesome product, the wash ability blows anything on the market away and its very easy to use! If you haven't tried it yet you need to yesterday:) here is the thread link of those that have tested http://www.t-shirtforums.com/direct-garment-dtg-inkjet-printing/t229847.html#post1324743

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,545 ·
Have you left AA Jeff? If you don't mind answering.
yes, I posted on that several months back:) AA is an Awesome company, it was just to much travel time away from home/kids! I have 4 kids and I spent a majority of my career traveling in the plastics fab biz and decided it was time to spend more time with my kids while I still can :)

·
Registered
472 Posts
yes, I posted on that several months back:) AA is an Awesome company, it was just to much travel time away from home/kids! I have 4 kids and I spent a majority of my career traveling in the plastics fab biz and decided it was time to spend more time with my kids while I still can :)
Awesome! about the kids they bring you back to earth.

Hope you've been making that garage useful again.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Sound great. I would like to hear more on your accomplishments. I am now contemplating trying my hand at screen printing. I have been looking at four color kits. The biggest challenge to me is the screen preparation and the amount of water being used. I live in an apartment building.

I will pm you my skype info.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hi guys,

I have found 2 Epson 1500W printers going cheap but secondhand. Would these be a good investment for DTG and if so, would it bestter to buy them brand new or buy the 2 secondhand? Are they essentially 1400's? The R1400 is difficult to find now and whilst i have one, i have no doubt i will screw up my first build so would it be wise to buy the 1500W? I cannot afford for the moment a 1900 or 2000.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
1500 is basicaly 1400 (even chips are the same). You can make a good printer for white t-shirt with it, not so good for using white ink in my opinion. If the two used have uncloged heads than you can go for it, but anyway head for 1500 is a lot cheapper than dx5.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Thanks Smalstein. I know its only a 6 channel but certainly far cheaper and its wireless too. Just dont want to follow guides to deconstructing a 1400 using a 1500W if there are fundamental differences between the two?

On another note, I have just read all 304 pages of this thread (2 hours!) and I saw that German sent a v3 to Randy which got slightly damaged in the post, then Randy said the v3 info/docs were coming and then I see nothing in this thread about it. Am i missing something? Have all v3 of the clue book been entirely removed? I keep being told to read this thread so I did and then as I said, nothing. Bit of a let down really to say the least!!

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
German and spider withdrew the cluebook from the site. You may ask them directly if they could supply you with one.

I have two 1500 for sublimation and one 1400, have disassembled both of them to attach waste ink bottle and seen no obvious difference between 1400 except different control panel and wi-fi module.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Not a question (for once!) but I do not know how all you guys who have built a DIY DTG have actually done it! So much terminology, maintenance, and tinkering with parts, re-measuring and re-cutting MDF! Hats off to you all. I'm clueless right now but not going to give up but like I say, I really don't know how you guys do this. You need to be a rocket sicentist to build these things and I'm an accomplished PHP programmer but I am finding this hard. Anyhow, just an observation and thanks to all that help and contribute to the forums.

·
Registered
88 Posts
From looking on YouTube, it seems the T1100 can be used as a DTG :)

Check these out:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doDgzLGtC1I[/media]
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dU2-iaJar4[/media]
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOu9QrQSJr0[/media]

4541 - 4560 of 4866 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.