T-Shirt Forums banner
4241 - 4260 of 4866 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
guys
c88 diy dtg working printer - YouTube,
check my second built 1400 Epson click the 4th one . I used a second frame of 1400 to be able to use the back eject and the front eject roller it helps a lot to move the platen which is a bigger than c88 one shaft is using a rubber and another one is coated for friction use ( will have good friction if u will use cork ). The motor is rigidly attached to the second frame with the assembly so there is no shaking and well aligned , every thing is intact . the ASF mechanism is attached to the original frame, only the back part is cut to allow the platen to pass through below ( the asf shaft is not cut ) and the PW is not disable ..only the cd/dvd sensor is tripped ( by priest suggestion )
good luck guys and more power to everybody .

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,244 · (Edited)
this I know ... What I mean is what the system to put the printer on the exact position of the beginning.

Another thing Jeff, you will transform this project into a commercial DTG? Or open the plans and projects for community Diy DTG?

Thanks
sorry for the belated reply, busy busy busy:rolleyes:

we have one that we will be detailing here when i get a break from work.. we also have a pro version that uses all commercial componets (no diy homemade stuff).. the printer is very unigue theres nothing like it referring to the design of the drive system (we made sure of this:)) .. either version cost to build and time to build has been cut drastically.. the largest expense is rip, Im sure you will see other units coming out aswell with a very low price tag, this is due to smart design IMO which reduces build labor etc... should be an interesting year;) I actually got to look at unit a month back built by someone else i understand they plan on retailing the printer under 5,000, not sure how soon before we see them but its a good looking/working printer (8 channel dx5 head aswell).. at those kind of retail prices diy will prolly take a hit, if you actually figure the cost printer/rip/parts/and labor time those retail prices will prolly capture a good portion of the diy audience... there are several chinese models worth looking at also( i looked and spoke to the manufacturer of one of them based on a 4880 that retails under 8,000 full comercial model delivered to your door!!!) prices are coming down on these printers pretty quick lately? wondering if the market is oversaturated? or the new has worn off dtg? all very interesting to say the least..

·
Registered
67 Posts
Thanks for the reply Jeff. Do not worry about time ... we are all busy, busy, busy! This is life!
I own a T-Jet2 and I'm also building my DTG to increase production and not depend only on one machine. I'm building my differently as well, using commercial components (I have experience and training for this).
As you said, I believe that the market is saturated and why prices are falling. Are you one of the forerunners of this "movement" diydtg and has contributed greatly to this decline in prices. But another thing I have noticed is that many people have "discovered" how to make a homemade DTG printer and are looking to make money by selling "amateur machines" and putting up the prices that are really worth.
It is clear that the competition causes prices to fall ... And I believe the same will happen with the inks. While only Dupont making white ink, the price will be this. When more companies producing, we will be much benefited.
as you said, it will be a very interesting year!
Thanks for sharing your projects and hope to see this new one.

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,246 ·
guys
c88 diy dtg working printer - YouTube,
check my second built 1400 Epson click the 4th one . I used a second frame of 1400 to be able to use the back eject and the front eject roller it helps a lot to move the platen which is a bigger than c88 one shaft is using a rubber and another one is coated for friction use ( will have good friction if u will use cork ). The motor is rigidly attached to the second frame with the assembly so there is no shaking and well aligned , every thing is intact . the ASF mechanism is attached to the original frame, only the back part is cut to allow the platen to pass through below ( the asf shaft is not cut ) and the PW is not disable ..only the cd/dvd sensor is tripped ( by priest suggestion )
good luck guys and more power to everybody .
GOOD JOB PAUL:)

After you build one, the others are simple!!have you used it with rip software yet? big difference in qauility!! keep up the good work;)

·
Registered
7,360 Posts
Jeff,
Did you ever sleep? Between job, kid, DIY Man~. Lol
I will not hesitate to say you are the #1 in DIY field. As you already know I wish your best all the time, my friend.
Cheers! Beers are on me always. I had beers with Randy, when is our turn? Beer is only way to start good friendship, maybe coffee too, lol. Have some sleep.

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,248 ·
Jeff,
Did you ever sleep? Between job, kid, DIY Man~. Lol
I will not hesitate to say you are the #1 in DIY field. As you already know I wish your best all the time, my friend.
Cheers! Beers are on me always. I had beers with Randy, when is our turn? Beer is only way to start good friendship, maybe coffee too, lol. Have some sleep.
Hey Peter,

yeah sleep is a commodity around here, lol:D Thanks for the kind words!! Randy always speaks very high of you guys and your team, I already know you guys are top notch, its easy to see as the customers are the true gage and you have alot of happy customers which speak highly of your machines and team !! eventually we will have to get together for coffee (keeps me going:)) maybe the beer will let me sleep? I enjoy talking with you via phone but someday maybe a show or something we can meet up!! best regards, Jeff

·
Registered
94 Posts
Jeff.
thank u so much brother. Yes the second one is easier than the first one . No Jeff i am not using a rip yet . what can u suggest brother ? do I need one to use dtg ink
thank u in advance .
more power bro.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi, thank you very much for everything, but I have some important questions (sorry for my english):

In Europe is difficult to get the R1900 Discontinued :(

• Alternatives With roll mode

1. R2880: EkPrint official compatibility, is an option though somewhat expensive
  2. R2000: EkPrint what have you tested it? (official not supported) another RIP?
  3. R3000: EkPrint what have you tested it? (official not supported) another RIP? though somewhat expensive

• Alternatives Without roll mode

1. 1430: EkPrint what have you tested it? (official not supported) another RIP?
  2. 1400: Official EkPrint compatibility

• RIP I need with white ink underbase option
    EkPrint, I like :)
    Other RIP compatible with these models?
    Gutenprint RIP I tested and I can not make it work

• Printer without roll mode::confused:
    I read some articles that printer without roll mode, with single sheet mode you must move the platen to the beginning and press the button to continue the printing of the second layer (color) before white underbase, or this occurs only when multiple print jobs sent straight to make several shirts?

but also in other articles I've read there are problems and that does not appear aligned, should this occur?

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,252 ·
Hi, thank you very much for everything, but I have some important questions (sorry for my english):

In Europe is difficult to get the R1900 Discontinued :(

• Alternatives With roll mode
  1. R2880: EkPrint official compatibility, is an option though somewhat expensive
  2. R2000: EkPrint what have you tested it? (official not supported) another RIP?
  3. R3000: EkPrint what have you tested it? (official not supported) another RIP? though somewhat expensive
  • Alternatives Without roll mode
  1. 1430: EkPrint what have you tested it? (official not supported) another RIP?
  2. 1400: Official EkPrint compatibility
  • RIP I need with white ink underbase option
    EkPrint, I like :)
    Other RIP compatible with these models?
    Gutenprint RIP I tested and I can not make it work
  • Printer without roll mode::confused:
    I read some articles that printer without roll mode, with single sheet mode you must move the platen to the beginning and press the button to continue the printing of the second layer (color) before white underbase, or this occurs only when multiple print jobs sent straight to make several shirts?

but also in other articles I've read there are problems and that does not appear aligned, should this occur?
the 2880,2000 are rip supported and will be the best options IMHO, due to the dx5 eight channel head for printing white, and will also be your best production speed printers... sheet mode or roll will work the same as far as qauility aswell... If you are considering an epson that is not rip supported just talk with chris at ek (eukondigital.com) and he will support the printer given a little time for the adjustments needed...(you may have to beta test the rip and work out a few bugs in this event).. best of luck;)

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,254 · (Edited)
Can any one guide me to "license to thrill" video because I can't find it after 10 hours searching,Thanks:confused:

Have had alot of folks asking about the T-Dozer vids.. well here is a few of the early ones!! this is actually the first T-Dozer ever made (V1), the one with the black conveyor belt is the very first print which was on paper..lol Of course we have evolved a whole bunch:) with the (V2)-(V3) etc.. they all have there pros/cons but its fun to look back and sometimes new found ideas come from reviewing...;) I will add more as i go thru the archives:) T-Dozer's two year birthday is actually today...;) I credit Bob Dietz (colorfinger) for the conveyor inspiration, it was fun coupling it with our design.. since we have built and tested numerous drive systems... the black base pictured below was the v2 as many of you already know... I'll save the best for last....

Epson R1900 DIY DTG Build.mov - YouTube

DIY DTG R1900 Printing at 720x720 Res.(T-Dozer).mov - YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=HO26UcHIClI

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts
Happy birthday T-Dozer! Congratulations Jeff.
just a curiosity ... The first version worked with conveyor. Why you changed to the plate*system? The operation with conveyor is no longer advantageous? For it is possible to have a continuous production as the DTG Viper.
My building is based on conveyor, because I think that with two or more beds can have a nonstop machine.

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,256 ·
Happy birthday T-Dozer! Congratulations Jeff.
just a curiosity ... The first version worked with conveyor. Why you changed to the plate*system? The operation with conveyor is no longer advantageous? For it is possible to have a continuous production as the DTG Viper.
My building is based on conveyor, because I think that with two or more beds can have a nonstop machine.
Felipevampre,

As far as drive systems, i just wanted to test the different avenues.. Its hard to say which is better without actually testing them so thats what we did.. we used conveyor drive, screw drive, belt drive, friction drive etc.. It really depends on personal preference, but you also learn alot as how the printers work etc.. with manual load you have to have a start point/mark with the conveyor style drive with a full travel thru type (conveyor open on both ends) as there is no fixed point like with a solid platen on slides which pushes in and is at the same starting point with little effort in lining up (allso your side of platen has room to get out of line unlike a fixed platen on slides) hope this gives a general idea of what im saying... there are several things you can do in design to correct some things for example a one ended open conveyor so when you push the platen in it has a fixed stop(print start point) ..

the key in my opinion is keep it simple and design the machine to work as epson intended it to in the various modes, but you also have to consider operating functions of the drive with registration issues etc without a fixed platen... building the differnt formats gave us the knowledge to get where we are with our new stuff by basically combining all the things we liked and simplifing things further..:) you will have fun..keep at it, looking forward to seeing your finished project...

my biggest concern was to test everything before sticking with one design/ painstakingly time consuming but we pretty much know these printers inside out now, so it paid off in the education we received along the way.. just have fun with it and it will go smooth:)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Exactly ... different views on different projects.
I'm building mine with conveyor drive based on the 3880. I am setting up a project, fully automated, with automatic height adjustment. Thinking of a large and continuous production.
I will build a second project based on the R2000, this simple, with friction drive.
When the machines are ready I will post pictures for you to see the finished project.
I'm also looking forward to seeing your new design of the printer "walking".

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi German13,
I have tried for months to find complette construction - all images and articles are very good - but I am looking for a presentation and explanation - step by step - for example - "felclark" with videos - unfortunately, he published his project does not continue - and other contributions are similar - without a beginning and end - each reported only a fraction - so I'm asking again - tells us where we can find complette Projecte - so that we can follow the steps - thank you.
E-mail: [email protected]

Yours sincerely,
Chiko from Antalya / Turkey

P.S. The modification of Epson R1900 and what software is needed for the modification, for example: Ekprint, Reset Ink .. or t-shirt design programs for free download to .. "Ryonet Design Lab or InkSoft Max Pro" .... etc. Thanks for any information and support

4241 - 4260 of 4866 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.