T-Shirt Forums banner
4221 - 4240 of 4866 Posts

· Registered
158 Posts
We have our own t-shirt brand in the local, and every day print average 200~500 dark t-shirt except weekend. We have diy 3 different types of dtg.

The MOST powerful diy dtg in the world:
1. NOT use the stock PF motor, but a high performance servo motor.
2. Ball screw driving system, the most precise printing result. Repeating print easily.
3. NOT use the Ink Cartridge, but the optimize sealed bagged ink system.
4. The modified carriage motor to avoid over-heating. The print speed will never slow down.
5. The enhanced damper, 1.8mm inner caliber to ensure flows better with the white, and to avoid print slow down.
6. Platen high adjust 60mm.
7. Print head collision self protect system.
8. Platen automatic drive in and out.
9. Net weight 35kg, a man could easily move it.

Attachments

· Registered
158 Posts
Another type of dtg, it is the printer head height adjust but not the platen height adjust. It use the same screw ball shaft and the high performance servo motor.

Any idea is welcome to contact me :)

Attachments

· Registered
2,857 Posts
No not really. EK has so many features that allow a DIY to perform very well. My DIY prints on a 1900 based machine are equal to full commercial 1900 based machines. EKs ink control is much better than others. Bottom line if want to be successful a good rip is important.

· Registered
158 Posts
very impression davey,im planning replace my pf motor and cariage motor like yours,what good brand/type for servo motor ?
We totally develop the servo motor system. Include the motor, encoder, decoder, control circuit, and control panel, ffc interface for all kinds of Epson printer. You could not find a suitable servo motor in the market that could let you plug-in and work. Our servo motor system is suitable for all modification of the A3 Epson printer. We have testing 1100, 1390/1400, 1900/2000, 2880. Any one could just purchase one standard type ball screw, and install it, them it will work perfectly. If you print 20 inches long line, the printing result will be exactly 20 inches. Not 99% similar but 100% size...

· Registered
119 Posts
We totally develop the servo motor system. Include the motor, encoder, decoder, control circuit, and control panel, ffc interface for all kinds of Epson printer. You could not find a suitable servo motor in the market that could let you plug-in and work. Our servo motor system is suitable for all modification of the A3 Epson printer. We have testing 1100, 1390/1400, 1900/2000, 2880. Any one could just purchase one standard type ball screw, and install it, them it will work perfectly. If you print 20 inches long line, the printing result will be exactly 20 inches. Not 99% similar but 100% size...
thanks for your response davey,you are really DIYers :D,i didn't see asf sensor on your servo motor or maybe you put behind the platen, i guess your ball screw and shaft 12 mm right?

· Registered
158 Posts
thanks for your response davey,you are really DIYers :D,i didn't see asf sensor on your servo motor or maybe you put behind the platen, i guess your ball screw and shaft 12 mm right?
ASF sensor signal is needed, however there is different ways to achieve that. My ball screw shaft is 16mm ;) it is much more stable. In fact, you can use any diameter any paremeter shaft, we just need to config the parameter in our servo circuit board when setup the servo moter. We could also control the speed... Let it print more smoothly... And many more advantage...:D

· Registered
3,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,234 ·
Can any one guide me to "license to thrill" video because I can't find it after 10 hours searching,Thanks:confused:
Ratthaks,

I removed my youtube channel/videos due to the overwheelming response to the diy builds, I built the diy printers just as a hobby and due to my day job was unable to answer/help everyone from multiple countries with there build.. hope you understand my delima..

I have taken multiple steps to insure the build lives on, here is a thread i posted with multiple dtg builders submitting there completed builds.. http://www.t-shirtforums.com/diy-dtg/t178486.html#post1056461

the goal was for future generation builders to keep sharing the knowledge and helping others.. what generally happens is once a builder completes his machine he becomes heavily involved in starting his/her dtg business but most tend to give back on some level here from time to time.. I do tend to check in and help when i can but spring-fall is my busy time of year with my business.. there are some very talented folks/ die hard diy guys here willing to help just ask them..:) best of luck with yours

· Registered
5 Posts
My opinien : You say to us ok come on we climbing to the Mount Everest and when we stay at Base 2 - you say " ok guys i give up and go home" thats no fair - we have not the knowlegde and plan to completly this project - ok and we must die here in these situation "Thanks Frank" i hope you can sleep good - We all cry "Why Frank we must die" in your dreams ok Frank - please come on be a Light for all of us ....please send us the videos and construction plans to build these f... DTG Printer -- ok . i wait on Base 2 at the Mount Everest .....

Hi Frank , Guten Tag, Shalom and Selam ,

first, sorry my English isn´t very well ok I hope you can help me - I am looking for detailed plans for an Epson Printer R1900 or other Epson A3 Size Printer for modification to a DTG Printer -I would like to build a DTG Printer - but is a lot of information in the Internet - I am confused -
I need help . ok please help me.

DIY R1900 BUILD CLUE BOOK VER 2..Also looking for the clue book...
..amazon sale : DIY Video Guide on How to Build a Direct to Garment Printer (4 Dvd's + Printed Book)for 97 Dollar ....many bugs...

I am looking also for Software for these business "Ryonet Design Lab" or Monitor Calibration, Product Lab, EKprint Rip, Multirip-GP, Kothari PrintPro and fashion crazy T-Shirt Tamplates etc....

In short, to my situation

I emigrated from Berlin to Antalya / Turkey. 'm 40 years old and too old for the job market - so I want a man found my company - sell custom t-shirts.

I really would appreciate it if you could help me with your information and knowledge - I´m down - i haven´t power any more - please send me Links or contact Info please - thank you.

e-mail: [email protected]

Yours sincerely,
Chiko from Antalya / Turkey

· Registered
3,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,236 · (Edited)
Thought i would give you guys a sneak peek of some of the stuff we have been working on!! here is the very first power up of our moving printer proof concept design, since this vid we have perfected its design and its currently fully automated!! allthough its highly modified epson we have simplied its design once again.. video shows a full power up shut down sequence and the moving head unit "green light ready to print" just place multiple shirts and your off and running!! think production, the speed of a desktop in a moving printer format printing multiple shirts at a time... now imagine a couple of these printers running at the same time:D

this video shows the epson pulling its own weight completely, no slides what so ever:) of course it has its own guide system now with automation, forward reverse controls etc..

we think our newly designed systems reduce build costs and time dramatically.. again this was the first concept which allows a shirt box/print area to be designed pretty much as long as you prefer according to what the epson itself is capable of, most of its developement evolved from the ricoh printer "moving printer aswell" which we successfully converted a year back.. (although i was not the first to attempt a ricoh gx7000 conversion, i think ours is the only one ever shown to actually print, in addition the moving printer instead of platen)..

Im currently super swamped with the day job, just wanted to show we are moving forward with new stuff all the time:) and when i get a bit more time i will get some videos up of our completed design printing!!;) also thanks to randy (spiderx1) for his continued support/input on our projects..

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFgX15DEh38&feature=player_detailpage[/media]

P.S Make a note this being the first desktop epson completely intact in its original casing in a moving format!! we can run this printer either way... example being you can lock the printer stationary and feed it multiple platens as you would paper in its stock form...;)

· Registered
194 Posts
It is great to se that, I like the concept of that kind of printer,it would be nice to see the way it work and how did you make it....i hope some plans or pics will be here soon....And i hope there is lots of us who are following german13 from start. hi is best of the best..... i would like to go further wit his projects.....

Jeff you are the best man..................long live germa13

· Registered
68 Posts
You simply return the printer to the start position, as you would the platen, this is done with power rather than manually.. all very simple..:) more to come when i get more time...;)

this I know ... What I mean is what the system to put the printer on the exact position of the beginning.

Another thing Jeff, you will transform this project into a commercial DTG? Or open the plans and projects for community Diy DTG?

Thanks

4221 - 4240 of 4866 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.