T-Shirt Forums banner
4181 - 4200 of 4866 Posts

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,181 ·
Thanks german13, is that mean that I can use a DC servo motor as a PF motor?
Some commecial dtg use that senario/ servo is defined as far as i read as a normal dc motor/gear reduction using pulse width modulation of sorts to control, so i guess whats stock could be considered a servo? not sure but it has those elements and is controlled by the encoder..

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Hey Guys, Got a sneak peek at what has been keeping German busy at night. Yes it is sleek and slender and attractive and yes his wife is jealous of all the time he spends with her (it). Looks like a new printer, getting away from the TDozer a bit. Going more the lines of a commercial venture, perhaps. I can't say much due to a NDA. But if you are thinking about starting your own build you may want to wait and see what you can snag this one for when complete. I personally believe it is going to come in at a very attractive price, geared toward the entry level printer. When you decide DTG is the way for you then you can move on up or just add 1 or 2 more of these to increase procuction and insure reliability, i.e. if you have 3, surely they all are not down at once, unless of course you have my luck. How long, not sure, just looking at things I would say 45 days for a peak, maybe faster. I believe the gum in the works for this will be getting the legal mumbo jumbo cornered. i.e. protected.

Reactions: 102557

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,184 · (Edited)
Thanks german13, is that mean that I can use a DC servo motor as a PF motor?
Im no electronic guy but if you want some definate answers give john a call at turbo-jet.. hes very helpful and knows his electronics.. I have learned quite a bit from john and when i get stumped i call with my questions,,

P.S the stock motor does have enough power to drive the ball screw (ie-- t-jet 3 was done this way) ball screws can use small motors compared to lead screws... take a look at the t jet3 and you will see its a directly connected stock motor..:)

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have just completed the cluebook2 build. Today was the moment of truth as I installed some cheep tester cartridges so I could do some fine tuning without wasting good ink.

Anyway after I sent my first job the computer gave me a "General error" in the print dialog box, also although I am not sure if it's connected 2 orange lights started flashing. I figured I would concentrate on the error first.

Has anyone had this prob?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,186 ·
I have just completed the cluebook2 build. Today was the moment of truth as I installed some cheep tester cartridges so I could do some fine tuning without wasting good ink.

Anyway after I sent my first job the computer gave me a "General error" in the print dialog box, also although I am not sure if it's connected 2 orange lights started flashing. I figured I would concentrate on the error first.

Has anyone had this prob?

Thanks!
Its common when first starting out/ first build and even so when something goes bad on any epson based dtg..

you need to post vids of the issue/ whats going on on start up and im sure someone will help you.. general error could be a number of things causing the issue (ie general).. keep pressing you will get it:)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Its common when first starting out/ first build and even so when something goes bad on any epson based dtg..

you need to post vids of the issue/ whats going on on start up and im sure someone will help you.. general error could be a number of things causing the issue (ie general).. keep pressing you will get it:)
Thanks for the fast response Jeff.
I haven't had the chance yet to say how awesome you and some other characters on this forum are. Truly thank you, you are inspiring and inspired people.
As far as my current problem goes I think I cracked this one. Seems like a PF sensore misalignment (very sensitive). Now I have a solid green light :)

Tomorrow I will do a test on a shirt. Fingers crossed :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,188 ·
I have an answer to obtaining a printhead (dx5) at least for those in the states..

the deal is you have to go directly to epson to purchase the head and you will need a serial# for the printer (for some this could be an issue (commercial dtg's), but not impossible:)) for those with a serial # this is an easy process and the price is very good.. the dx5 heads i purchased directly from epson were 224.95 each plus shipping, they come from the epson warehouse in indiana..

the direct phone # to epson is 1-800-442-2035:) all other parts can be purchased from an authorized epson service center Compass Micro - Authorized Epson and Canon printer service center

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,190 · (Edited)
Sorry for disturbing :D. Where do I place the PE Sensor and the Tray Detector? Where can I get the 5 and 11 pin Flat Flex cable? I live in UK.

Thanks.
the pe is placed in relation to your platen system, it should be set up so that it detects your platen system as it would paper.. you can substitute the pe for other type switches aswell.. theres plenty of info thru out the threads on different ways to do this and i highly suggest reading thru them and most of your questions will be answered.. you should also watch the videos in the http://www.t-shirtforums.com/diy-dtg/t178486.html#post1056461

this will give you an idea of what others have done as far as there set-up.. its very beneficial to read as much as you can from the different threads as 99.5% of questions can be answered thruout, this way you will not be building blind. you can also avoid some costly mistakes by being prepared as in what mistakes others have made that caused issue or damage to the printer (it will save you $$ in the long run) Im sure if you ask questions there if you get stumped you will have help from them aswell.. regards;) I do appologize that im unable to field alot of the questions anymore from members due to the overwhelming amount of people asking as this would require a fulltime operation.. additionally i have redesigned my printers over the last 6 months and this has taken alot of my time, as everything must advance and simpler systems developed. Im currently looking into the process of starting a seperate venture with an entry level printer, in addition to my day job so time is limited to say the least.. however there are lots of folks that are willing to help and with the advent of new threads on complete builds most of this guys enjoy and are willing to help the newbie as we were all in this position at one time!! keep at it youll get it..

·
Registered
455 Posts
hi german:) so i got the strangest error.... i thought you probably seen it before haha
i'm building a new printer, i get green light after startup sequence, that's good, but when the printjob gets to the printer it gives:

A first paper/trash & ink blinking orange simultaneously
B blinks alternating left right

than goes back to step A

so its not a general error but something else. the manual describes it as maintenance request (its not waste pad error, brand new printer)

so my question:
-have you seen this error before
-when you had a faulty apg board (loose connector) you had this?

i'm totally lost whats going on.

·
Registered
34 Posts
hi guys was wondering if anyone had used ink from hongsam in china there jetextile dtg pigment ink ive been talking to steve one of there agents and he quoted me $65 per litre for colour and $125 for white but i cant find people who have used it, im thinking that there has to be a good chanise supplier out there somewhere?

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,198 ·
hi german:) so i got the strangest error.... i thought you probably seen it before haha
i'm building a new printer, i get green light after startup sequence, that's good, but when the printjob gets to the printer it gives:

A first paper/trash & ink blinking orange simultaneously
B blinks alternating left right

than goes back to step A

so its not a general error but something else. the manual describes it as maintenance request (its not waste pad error, brand new printer)

so my question:
-have you seen this error before
-when you had a faulty apg board (loose connector) you had this?

i'm totally lost whats going on.
Schenk,

this usually indicates you need to reset the waste ink pad, the way i read it described.. I have seen all types of unexplainable stuff,lol usually when you have tried everything to correct the error based on manual description and it doesnt work (its usually a faulty board/cable etc) I have bought new printers (refurbs) that needed a ink pad reset pretty quick and im not sure why this happens.. I will use the epson adjustment program and look at the counter first before converting and i have noticed on some the counter is high in prints? anywho go to epson and use the ink counter reset and see if this corrects it! best of luck..

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,199 ·
hi guys was wondering if anyone had used ink from hongsam in china there jetextile dtg pigment ink ive been talking to steve one of there agents and he quoted me $65 per litre for colour and $125 for white but i cant find people who have used it, im thinking that there has to be a good chanise supplier out there somewhere?

Chris from ek reccomended an ink supplier cant remember the name off hand, but he explained the profile of the ink matched dupont and it had good reviews from his clients.. might want to email him for the brand, i know the supplier is out of california and the prices were good but at the time had to be purchased in liter bottles and i think this has changed now.. I have not tried this brand myself..;)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Re: R1900BUILD-Mission accomplished "license to thrill"

Hi is the video still available? I want to convert my Epson stylus 1400 into a DTG, I see alot of videos on youtube but they all just show that they work, not how to make it work. Thanks for any information.

4181 - 4200 of 4866 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.