T-Shirt Forums banner
4161 - 4180 of 4866 Posts

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,161 · (Edited)
ALUJET II run!

other 5 are under construction
Nice job very nice, I see your business is expanding since you first started:) keep making money;) you should post a vid in the http://www.t-shirtforums.com/diy-dtg/t178486.html#post1056461 thread, you would be a great canidate to help some folks with there builds and give back to the community a little for the help you recieved? You wouldnt believe what some of the entry level units on ebay here are selling for and there nothing but sub-par material/design underneath the covers compared to the retail price point, Its amusing and most likely short lived without material and design change:).. I recently seen a video of free floating platen that rides on aluminum angle turned to a point and using bearing wheels which would present some registration issues amongst other concerns:confused: I think there could be some very good entry level units available cheap but most of the stuff i have seen for sale on ebay and the likes have no design aptitude for hardware what so ever!

the 80/20 (extruded aluminum) makes for a nice clean look.. we experimented with this aswell and a few other members have built there units with the 80/20 substituting bearing hardware.. a few things i dont like about 80/20 is there linear bearings (they bind) and come with a shim pack to overcome this additionally you have some restrictions as in your limited in the size of the 80/20 stock and have to make the design to work with there center connections and its not as rigid as i would prefer!! the aluminum itself is not to bad in cost but there hardware is expensive.. heres a link for those intrested in building with this material they have instructional tutorials on the site aswell (resource center) for using there product.. you just substitute the material as the plan and function are the same as the woodys!! :)80/20® Inc. - The Industrial Erector Set®

P.s you can even go a step futher and add panels to the t-slot to give it an enclosed look, which is just plastic..

·
Registered
194 Posts
We use the system from Lyson ink:

- Epson R2880 Printer

this is great.

But we have a problem with ALUJET I:

after about 3 prints it will be extremely slow

which rip did you use, i had same problem with wf 1100.....
i think that is problem with rip or driver, every printer doesnt have that problem with original driver from epson,

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thanks shirtstore i have a epson r1900 t- dozer build but the problem im having is it keeps giving me ink out lights just after a few prints, and that means wasting a lot of ink due to all the unnecessary ink cycles, have you come across this problem?

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
The R1900 was a very wasteful printer when it comes to ink. As a result short lived. The 2000 is better. You also should use RATF reset all to full chips. However there never was a good version of those either. Epson really wanted to sell a lot of ink so their firmware was designed to defeat the RATF methodology.

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,169 ·
the 2880 has a ratf chip (less resets) less waste etc... the 2000 has a very strange reset- if you go to inkjet carts they explain how to reset the chip by shorting the chip itself with a paper clip// Im not convinced this is the ultimate solution/printer for a dtg either as im assuming you have to reset each channel this way on the 2000 prolly no different than the 1900 in that respect? maybe others with the 2000 builds will chime in.. problem is the 2880 is the most expensive but the print qauility is fantastic in comparrison....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi all,

I have recently started building a DTG from the Epson Stylus Photo R3000. I have some concerns and first one is the RIP software. Is there any that supports the R3000? I confused about the mechanism, what I mean by that is the mechanism to make the T-shirt go forward and backwards. Can you help me build this machine?

All of the helps are appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
194 Posts
hi guys can someone tell me can i change my pe sensor for a micro switch and if so how thanks

yes you can use printer cover switch or any other micro switch for pe sensor. pe sensor has 3 wires, use one with stripe and one next to her. third wire is ground and you dont need to attach her any where..... it will work great....

4161 - 4180 of 4866 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.