T-Shirt Forums banner
4121 - 4140 of 4866 Posts

· Registered
3,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,121 · (Edited)
Strange ... The Pro 48xx should not be faster? I believe that was delayed is the start time. While HM1 was already in position to print, the Viper was still loading.

The printed image was small, with few details, I think this also helped HM1 win. Another test should be done with a larger image with more details and start two machines printing together.

Perhaps in this way can even change the outcome.
the desktops are much faster, i was shocked at this at first aswell.. several factors that have been mentioned that cause this the 48xx printers interwieving is done in the firmware not the rip and the carriage always makes a full trip left to right regardless if theres just a small image center of the substrate!! I have watched this over and over to confirm it (notice you rarely ever see a real time print on a 48xx series printer? its because they are slow in comparrisson to the desktops) they do however produce a great print and i think this is because of all those factors aswell!!) Afew of the manufactures incorporate a multiple platen system to improve workflow of the 48xx (you can be curing one as the other prints) some other factors would come into play aswell like rip brand..

P.s thanks for the kind words and you keep your head up aswell!!:)

· Registered
3,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,128 · (Edited)
Ek Rip has been working on the one pass (color/white) at the same time, as an option to existing features.. It has been beta tested by several folks aswell including some of our team/fans.. Randy (spiderx1) was one of the first:).. It works well on some graphics but intial results show a duller print, im sure this is due to less drying time for the white.. a couple othe rips have had this feature previously (dtg one pass fast) you might want to try it for yourself and see if it fits your needs.. Inquire with chris (ek rip) for a beta trial, there always looking for feed back to further advance there product..

· Registered
119 Posts
i have epson 1400 can't turn on(all light off):mad:,im hear sound beep...beep (2x) from mainboard,im try check and clean all sensor (pe,pw,apg,encoder strip etc) still can work, if anybody can solved the problem i appreciatie:D:D

· Registered
3,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,130 · (Edited)
i have epson 1400 can't turn on(all light off):mad:,im hear sound beep...beep (2x) from mainboard,im try check and clean all sensor (pe,pw,apg,encoder strip etc) still can work, if anybody can solved the problem i appreciatie:D:D
First check all of your connections "flat cables" its very easy to plug this in reverse, there is little silver exposed ends on the flat cable make sure these match with the silver on the actual connector itself.. If you have disconnected the power supply from the main board make sure this is connected properly aswell "no bend wire tabs"

make sure you have the right flat cable to the right socket aswell "allways label before disassembly"

check to see if you have power to the encode reader "red light on means power" if not check flat cable from encoder reader to asf relay is plugged properly, check cn5 short flat cable from relay to main for proper connection, check that your asf sensors to relay are in right order...

In the last week i have assembled 5 of our new design printer "project boll weevil" and its not uncommon to plug one flat cable in reverse even when labled "i guess what im saying even if you build these daily/frequently theres margin for error";) If all this fails you most likely have blown a board.. set yourself up with a qauility control method doing your build in stages with a check list, this will make the build second nature with only minor adjustments needed.. Dont get discourged the first one is always the toughest because you are learning the printer function at the same time..

regards

· Registered
364 Posts
the desktops are much faster, i was shocked at this at first aswell.. several factors that have been mentioned that cause this the 48xx printers interwieving is done in the firmware not the rip and the carriage always makes a full trip left to right regardless if theres just a small image center of the substrate!! I have watched this over and over to confirm it (notice you rarely ever see a real time print on a 48xx series printer? its because they are slow in comparrisson to the desktops) they do however produce a great print and i think this is because of all those factors aswell!!) Afew of the manufactures incorporate a multiple platen system to improve workflow of the 48xx (you can be curing one as the other prints) some other factors would come into play aswell like rip brand..

P.s thanks for the kind words and you keep your head up aswell!!:)
Wow so many posts can't believe I never visited this section of the forum.

The desktop models are a little bit faster. From what I can see in the video the smaller one did have a bit of a head start. The larger 4880 model was making the full stroke which will waste a large amount of time. But this can simply be set off so that the printer only uses the data width setting. There are also settings to make the head scan faster in the pro models.

All in all the comparison seemed to be a bit one sided with the 48xx printing at a full image width rather then data width all while printing at a slower scan speed.

For that particular print (all things equal) the difference should be no more than 10-15 seconds.

· Registered
3,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,134 · (Edited)
Wow so many posts can't believe I never visited this section of the forum.

The desktop models are a little bit faster. From what I can see in the video the smaller one did have a bit of a head start. The larger 4880 model was making the full stroke which will waste a large amount of time. But this can simply be set off so that the printer only uses the data width setting. There are also settings to make the head scan faster in the pro models.

All in all the comparison seemed to be a bit one sided with the 48xx printing at a full image width rather then data width all while printing at a slower scan speed.

For that particular print (all things equal) the difference should be no more than 10-15 seconds.
My point is this is how these units were sold/ purchased and the vid pretty much speaks for itself.. Im sure there are alot of options to increase speed on 48xx but most notably the pro series 48xx machines do the interweaving from within not the rip from what im explained by several rip makers! maybe yours is different? this is an age old argument :) and i have timed about every one i have seen and ill put my money as far as speed on the desktops, remember the flaming guitar print on the neo vs mod 8/9 mins for 1print vs 5 mins for 2prints on the mod (desktop) ;) lots of folks like to argue in regard to the speed between the models suggesting different settings etc, but you always see the same conclusion when an end user prints the same image side by side.. I can say i have personally never seen a 48xx printer even close to the print speed of a desktop.. you guys busy in philly? tell peter i said Hello:)

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weuP10nOJNc&feature=player_detailpage[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATfXTgpULfM&feature=player_detailpage[/media]

· Registered
364 Posts
My point is this is how these units were sold/ purchased and the vid pretty much speaks for itself.. Im sure there are alot of options to increase speed on 48xx but most notably the pro series 48xx machines do the interweaving from within not the rip from what im explained by several rip makers! maybe yours is different? this is an age old argument :) and i have timed about every one i have seen and ill put my money as far as speed on the desktops, remember the flaming guitar print on the neo vs mod 8/9 mins for 1print vs 5 mins for 2prints on the mod (desktop) ;) you guys busy in philly? tell peter i said Hello:)

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weuP10nOJNc&feature=player_detailpage[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATfXTgpULfM&feature=player_detailpage[/media]
Yes I remember the vids. The two vids you have there are comparing two different resolutions and was in the early days of implementing the software.

If we were to use the same settings as the mod-1 vid (white underbase resolutions), the print time would be very similar (less than 3 minutes). Also if you notice that the in the second video it is missing the glow around the guitar which would also reduce the print time because you are printing less.

Overall it is not the innate nature of the 48xx series to do a full width print we just had the setting incorrect when implementing (which was fixed a while back). I just wanted to point out the misconception there.

I believe there was a post on this topic about the scan width previously, can't remember where but it was proven that the 48xx series does not have to do a full width print. I believe you posted there as well. My memory isn't as good as yours and I can't pull up videos so I guess you win. BUT I WILL GET VIDEOS AND WE WILL DUEL AGAIN!!!

EDIT I GOT SOMETHING! this takes between 7 and 8 minutes i can't remember exactly.

Very hard to argue with the girls.

· Registered
3,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,136 · (Edited)
Yes I remember the vids. The two vids you have there are comparing two different resolutions and was in the early days of implementing the software.

If we were to use the same settings as the mod-1 vid (white underbase resolutions), the print time would be very similar (less than 3 minutes). Also if you notice that the in the second video it is missing the glow around the guitar which would also reduce the print time because you are printing less.

Overall it is not the innate nature of the 48xx series to do a full width print we just had the setting incorrect when implementing (which was fixed a while back). I just wanted to point out the misconception there.

I believe there was a post on this topic about the scan width previously, can't remember where but it was proven that the 48xx series does not have to do a full width print. I believe you posted there as well. My memory isn't as good as yours and I can't pull up videos so I guess you win. BUT I WILL GET VIDEOS AND WE WILL DUEL AGAIN!!!
Sounds like fun:) If indeed the print speed is faster it will be something to see for sure, i was never shown a side by side print of the same image after this new setting control you mention.. Also is this a neo specific propreitary setting? I ask because every dtg brand based on a 48xx series i have seen make the full stroke easily seen by watching them print.. sounds like you guys have a competitive edge on other 48xx models... I guess all this doesnt much matter being the 48xx series is discountinued?;) we do all this over here on the diy side for fun:p

EDIT an for 1/3 the machine cost:D

· Registered
364 Posts
Sounds like fun:) If indeed the print speed is faster it will be something to see for sure, i was never shown a side by side print of the same image after this new setting control you mention.. Also is this a neo specific propreitary setting? I ask because every dtg brand based on a 48xx series i have seen make the full stroke easily seen by watching them print.. sounds like you guys have a competitive edge on other 48xx models... I guess all this doesnt much matter being the 48xx series is discountinued?;) we do all this over here on the diy side for fun:p
There is a video somewhere showing the video at the same resolution. However the video was prior to implementation of the scan width. So it was around 3:30 for a print. After the implementation of the scan distance it was under 3:00. Yes the 48xx model is discontinued in the U.S. Market. We still have printers ;).

I find it amazing what you can do with some ingenuity. Modifying and producing printers for such a low cost. Have you looked into the 3xxx series or better yet the 4900 series. 4900 series will be interesting if one is released.

· Registered
3,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,138 · (Edited)
There is a video somewhere showing the video at the same resolution. However the video was prior to implementation of the scan width. So it was around 3:30 for a print. After the implementation of the scan distance it was under 3:00. Yes the 48xx model is discontinued in the U.S. Market. We still have printers ;).

I find it amazing what you can do with some ingenuity. Modifying and producing printers for such a low cost. Have you looked into the 3xxx series or better yet the 4900 series. 4900 series will be interesting if one is released.
Touch'e:p
I have pretty much dismantled every epson avail, some didnt make it :) the pro printers are a bit costly for the diyer.. the 4900 has an ink viscosity issue which im sure you know it uses a lower viscosity head and im not aware of a dupont ink avail yet for it? I have heard some manufactures have a 4900 ready they just need ink.. will be interesting to see what comes to light this year.. seems alot of manufactures going away from epson to the likes of the ricoh head anajet/lawson and dtg went to the mutoh based (still epson dx5 although) what do you make of this? does it seem a little premature possibly there making a mistake? seems to me the lowcost epson market is starting to light up 4-9,000 dollar units, prolly a smart route by considering the printer disposable at this price point the low cost market is wide open as most are going bigger,faster and much more expensive and this prices the little guy out.. what are your thoughts? anywho you guys have a great team at aa and peter always has a plan i enjoy talking with him.. did you get to test drive the aeoon?

· Registered
3,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,140 ·
there was a pretty cool epissode of "shark tank" on ABC, you can pull it up online aswell.. there was a digital printer from cali attempting to expand his operation an had few shoe platen patents aswell.. he was using the brother 782 machine.. there were some interesting figures mentioned and would prolly give some start ups a little insight...;)

4121 - 4140 of 4866 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.