T-Shirt Forums banner
3981 - 4000 of 4866 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have a set of cleaning cartridges and cleaning fluid from InkJetCarts Home and use them.
Thanks Terry. I'm also using www.inkjetcarts.us cleaning fluid. From what I've read on most of the MSDS for DTG cleaning fluid it's 80-98% water and the rest is Propylene Glycol and Ethylene Glycol. I'm no chemist but it seems like we could make this stuff ourselves. I thought I remember Mr. German pondering this at one point in the thread.

Has anybody had any luck or have any advise on making their own cleaning fluid? I don't get excited about spending $39-$70 on a liter of mostly water and few drops of Glycols. But hey, what can I say. I'm a DIYer.:D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi All
My name is Nikolay from Bulgaria.
I'm new in this forum but i've ben looking at it since a long time.I've got my printer (Epson R1900) set up,but i can't make it in posicion ready to print (steady green light).It's cleaning the print head every time when i start it.When finish gives me a fatal error.Both lights are flashing.That is every time.I have a CISS sistem.I dont know where to write in the forum.Sorry about that.If you want I'll send a video.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Nikolay,

It sounds like the "hot head" error if it works fine but does a clean and errors before printing.

Check the following:
- The ribbon cable from the main board to your printhead might not be installed properly
- Ink could have ran down the ribbon cable into the printhead connector ruining either the printhead or main board

If you buy and download the epson r1900 adjustment program from 2manuals.com it will tell you exactly what the error is.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yes. I'll agree that the head cable could be the cause.
I experienced the same problem, and i checked it turns out the flat head cables is shorted beacuse of some fluid leaks. Replacing the cable solve my problem.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hi a few questions for you experts, About how often should I use my head cleaning fluid ? And what are the steps to do so when I have a Damper CISS.

I am using an Epson 1400 DTG

Next question is I don't know if its the ink or whatever but it seems pretty light compared to others ?
I'm using Resolute ink , and the color isn't very vibrant or solid on white.

Is there a certain color management profile in Photoshop I should be using? The colors are not coming out very accurately

*I only print on white shirts, therefore im not using a RIP *

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi a few questions for you experts, About how often should I use my head cleaning fluid ? And what are the steps to do so when I have a Damper CISS.

I am using an Epson 1400 DTG

Next question is I don't know if its the ink or whatever but it seems pretty light compared to others ?
I'm using Resolute ink , and the color isn't very vibrant or solid on white.

Is there a certain color management profile in Photoshop I should be using? The colors are not coming out very accurately

*I only print on white shirts, therefore im not using a RIP *
I just finished my 1400 build a few weeks ago and did my first print using Photoshop and inkjet ink. The print was pretty light (weak) but proved the build was spot on. It wasn't until I printed using EK RIP demo that I could see the real power of this DTG. The level of ink control is amazing! German13 was right. The RIP makes all the difference. I highly recommend requesting a demo from Chris at Eukon Digital. The email is [email protected]. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hi , I found a demo for EKprint online , anyone have good ink drop / ink level settings? I'm currently seeing 500 cents as the ink estimate, that can't be good lol.

Also I noticed prints coming out a bit rough, is there a right settings for Photo, Vivid / or Graphic? Which one is the best for smooth prints

·
Registered
67 Posts
Re: R1900BUILD-Mission accomplished "license to thrill"

I'm using 100% epson firmware with only some wiring modifications (rerouting) at the board as explained previously. everything required to do this build was purchased at lowes home improvement store with the exception of the plastic base (which can be substituted) and the printer itself of course..

Sorry for Being a lay, but I did not find information on how the wiring Modifications (rerouting), to solve the problem with the PE sensor.

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,997 ·

Sorry for Being a lay, but I did not find information on how the wiring Modifications (rerouting), to solve the problem with the PE sensor.
there is the cluebook at the diydtgwiki.com site... you should find the info your looking for there, it uses all original parts with exception to the pe sensor which can be substituted with many different options... best of luck

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,998 ·
Just spoke with ron @ efillink.com... he has informed me they now have a reset all to full chip and cis for the epson r2000!!! Additionally they will be adding a bagged ink ciss system for the diydtg folks in the near future.. you can find there link on my website..!!

·
Registered
67 Posts

there is the cluebook at the diydtgwiki.com site... you should find the info your looking for there, it uses all original parts with exception to the pe sensor which can be substituted with many different options... best of luck
German Thanks for the reply.

In fact did not change the wires ... Only the PE sensor was changed from place ...

But I still have problem.
I'm starting training Diy DTG with one Epson 1280, the sensors are the same.

The ASF sensor I had cut and make short. The PE sensor I triggers manually. I can initialize the printer, but when I send a job to print, sometimes I have sucess, and sometimes give me a fatal error.

When I'm successful in the first printing, in the second printing, give me a fatal error.

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,000 ·

German Thanks for the reply.

In fact did not change the wires ... Only the PE sensor was changed from place ...

But I still have problem.
I'm starting training Diy DTG with one Epson 1280, the sensors are the same.

The ASF sensor I had cut and make short. The PE sensor I triggers manually. I can initialize the printer, but when I send a job to print, sometimes I have sucess, and sometimes give me a fatal error.

When I'm successful in the first printing, in the second printing, give me a fatal error.
If Im understanding you correctly your triggering the pe by hand? If this is indeed the case, this is not what you want to do! the pe needs to be set up permanately and fixed underneath and just in front of the platen!! this will assure that you get a successful print time and again... just as it is set upon the printer in its stock form, you are only relocating the sensor to accomodate the platen.. like i said aswell you will need to substitute the pe in order to return the platen "drawer style" to the print position... if you gander thru the threads you will find alot of info on this.. regards:)

3981 - 4000 of 4866 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.