T-Shirt Forums banner
3961 - 3980 of 4866 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
DTGinks are about the most expensive. They are good inks. I have used them with no problems...

Bob ?;O)
From what I see the 8 oz size at dtginks is cheaper than the whole set of 8 oz ink from resoluteink

What I plan to do is buy 8 oz at $44 of CMYK
Then two 4 oz at $27 of C and M to mix with distiller water to make LC and LM for my Epson 1400

Which will only cost me 176 + 44 = 220 plus shipping

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
From what I see the 8 oz size at dtginks is cheaper than the whole set of 8 oz ink from resoluteink

What I plan to do is buy 8 oz at $44 of CMYK
Then two 4 oz at $27 of C and M to mix with distiller water to make LC and LM for my Epson 1400

Which will only cost me 176 + 44 = 220 plus shipping
Oh, I wouldn't cut it with water... I doubt you will like the result... You might want to contact DTGInks. They used to sell lc and mc...

Here's a list of DTGInk providers...

http://diydtg.wikispaces.com/DTG+Inks

Bob ?;O)

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,973 ·
I Have had the best results from american screen supply.. they have an ink thats labeled "maxbrite" it is 100% garanteed to be dupont... there are many suppliers whom have switched to non dupont ink products whom previously sold dupont... dupont does not make lm/lc so this is an indicator that it isnt a dupont product..

Resolute is very good as far as wash tests.. however the color match is off because most rips come profiled for dupont ink.. if resolute included a profile it would change my opinion..

best of luck

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have a question ... I bought the ink "Maxbrite" from American Screen Supply. When it was finished I mixed with another brand I had.
I made all the CMYK colors. I noticed after this that the magenta is clogging. It may be because of this mix?

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,975 ·
I have a question ... I bought the ink "Maxbrite" from American Screen Supply. When it was finished I mixed with another brand I had.
I made all the CMYK colors. I noticed after this that the magenta is clogging. It may be because of this mix?
never a good idea to mix different brands of ink "there chemistry can conflict" and gel or react adverse..

this is why most will tell you to flush the system before adding ink of a different brand...:)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Oh, I wouldn't cut it with water... I doubt you will like the result... You might want to contact DTGInks. They used to sell lc and mc...

Here's a list of DTGInk providers...

http://diydtg.wikispaces.com/DTG+Inks

Bob ?;O)
I spoke with the owner of Resolute Inks and he told me that Light Cyan or Light Magenta was just diluted with distilled water, and that i couldnt go wrong with a 50/50 blend

·
Registered
934 Posts
As everyone has already said, don't mix ink brands.

I've seen some dripping issues with the Epson 1400 based (6 color) machines using resolute inks but not with my 1900 model (CMYK+white).

It seems that the Light cyan and light magenta are the issue because of the reducing.

We are still testing different levels of reducing the inks to make light cyan and light magenta and it seems mixing too much distilled water is the issue.

I will let you guys know what we come up with.

3961 - 3980 of 4866 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.