3941 - 3960 of 4866 Posts

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,946 ·

·
Registered
293 Posts
this happened with one of the ek versions but was corrected to print further down on the platen.. you may want to contact chris and explain the problem and get up grade.. or force a nozzle check on start up by holding the power and ink button together when started.. this will give a nozzle check aswell..
Thanks Jeff, but Which button is "PRINT key" on the printer keypad ?? What mean??

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,948 ·
Thanks Jeff, but Which button is "PRINT key" on the printer keypad ?? What mean??
the forced nozzle check is within the epson firmware itself.. when powering the printer up these two buttons held at the same time will render an automatic nozzle check on power up..

there should be info on this in your service/user manual for the printer:)

·
Registered
293 Posts
the forced nozzle check is within the epson firmware itself.. when powering the printer up these two buttons held at the same time will render an automatic nozzle check on power up..

there should be info on this in your service/user manual for the printer:)
Ok, but I mean "PRINT key on the printer keypad" appeared in EK- look at my attached picture of EK rip some post ago Jeff :)

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,950 ·
Ok, but I mean "PRINT key on the printer keypad" appeared in EK- look at my attached picture of EK rip some post ago Jeff :)
You just press the print button in ek... the "PRINT KEY on the printer keypad" is for a commercial machine, because once you hit print in ek on a commercial machine you have to press print on the keypad afterward.. not on a diy.. you have to remember ek made the rip for anajet aswell and thats were that comes in!!!

Chris can prolly answer it in depth for you but thats the general:D

·
Registered
293 Posts
You just press the print button in ek... the "PRINT KEY on the printer keypad" is for a commercial machine, because once you hit print in ek on a commercial machine you have to press print on the keypad afterward.. not on a diy.. you have to remember ek made the rip for anajet aswell and thats were that comes in!!!

Chris can prolly answer it in depth for you but thats the general:D
Thanks Jeff :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
My DIY based on Epson 1400 for testing reasons still has oryginal Epson inks. Now I plan to install CISS with Dupont ink. As it will be CMYK only the question is what to do with Lm and Lc. If I leave them empty I am affraid the oryginal Lm and Lc Epson ink will dry one day in the printhead. I believe they shouldn't be left empty, if I am right what to use in them?

Another question is about Dupont cmyk inks - can they be mixed with oryginal Epson inks? Or printhead must be cleaned from Epson ink and then CISS with Dupont ink can be connected?

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,954 ·
My DIY based on Epson 1400 for testing reasons still has oryginal Epson inks. Now I plan to install CISS with Dupont ink. As it will be CMYK only the question is what to do with Lm and Lc. If I leave them empty I am affraid the oryginal Lm and Lc Epson ink will dry one day in the printhead. I believe they shouldn't be left empty, if I am right what to use in them?

Another question is about Dupont cmyk inks - can they be mixed with oryginal Epson inks? Or printhead must be cleaned from Epson ink and then CISS with Dupont ink can be connected?
Always good to flush the system before adding dtg ink, just use cleaning solution in the white ink carts when not using white ink:)

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,955 ·
I received an email from an inkchip supplier, stating that the r2000 now has a reset all to full chip and ciss available, this is big news if true because the 1900 never was able to get a reset all to full chip available, which made frequent resets and waste ink a big problem for the 1900...

Additionally chris at EKrip says they support the r2000 printer aswell apparently its very similar if not identical to the r1900 rip function as these printers are nearly the same from what im told!!

I still need to confirm 100% that this ink chip is available!!:)

·
Registered
610 Posts
I received an email from an inkchip supplier, stating that the r2000 now has a reset all to full chip and ciss available, this is big news if true because the 1900 never was able to get a reset all to full chip available, which made frequent resets and waste ink a big problem for the 1900...

Additionally chris at EKrip says they support the r2000 printer aswell apparently its very similar if not identical to the r1900 rip function as these printers are nearly the same from what im told!!

I still need to confirm 100% that this ink chip is available!!:)
how does that printer compare to 1100 though. is it worth the money to buy a more expensive printer when the results from the 1100 are so good.!

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,957 ·
how does that printer compare to 1100 though. is it worth the money to buy a more expensive printer when the results from the 1100 are so good.!
IMO, not really.. the advantage is its a faster printer and an easier build using "manual roll mode" instead of sheet..

the disadvantage is expensive head/printer replacement compared to the 1100..

For a person that prints white via dtg daily this is a major plus with the 4 white channels on the r1800/r1900/r2000 and like printers.. a bit faster.. although you can make the argument of simply adding 1100 printers for production...

I have some interesting stuff i have been working on lately involving screen print/dtg and automated flash systems.. i hope to get this in its debugged stage within a couple months..:)

3941 - 3960 of 4866 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.