T-Shirt Forums banner
3841 - 3860 of 4866 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Sorry to reaad about your clogged head Chucky, I have had a few over the years, like Jeff, i have tried ultrasonic, shringe, soaking etc. out of 5 attempts i rescued 2 heads (3 went in the bin). My succsessfull attemts were with a shringe and an ultrasonic cleaner in tandom. It is very easy to apply too much pressure if you still feel resistance after gentle pressure STOP. if you continue either the head will delaminate as Jeff mentioned or the shringe will pop off the nipple on the head and the fluid will spray everywhere. Obviously the fluid in the shringe and in the ultrasonic cleaner MUST be kept away from the head electronics at all costs.

Best Of Luck Mate)))
thankfully it wasnt a clogged head. it was a bad judgment call using cheap refillable carts. i ordered the new ones and hope that it fixes the problem. every time i try to print now it gives me a out of ink light. i dont know but i will figure it out.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Chucky,

I you are using refillable cartridges make sure there is a vent hole. Some cartridge sets come with rubber stoppers in the holes that need to be removed.
yeah these ones have rubber stoppers in them but they also have some kind of breather with them. i dont know but i feel like they are the majority of my problem. hopefully the new ones do some good

·
Registered
9,534 Posts
yeah these ones have rubber stoppers in them but they also have some kind of breather with them. i dont know but i feel like they are the majority of my problem. hopefully the new ones do some good
I've been guilty of not removing that rubber stopper but I was able to print only a handful of prints before "running out of ink".

In what way do these CISS cause problems? Have you considered a bagged ink system?

·
Registered
610 Posts
I've been guilty of not removing that rubber stopper but I was able to print only a handful of prints before "running out of ink".

In what way do these CISS cause problems? Have you considered a bagged ink system?
i dont even know what a bag system is. maybe i should look into it. i have heard about it on the forum but have never seen one. i hope that the new carts work.

·
Registered
610 Posts
an important factor is the elevation of your ink resivour to stop the siphoning in either direction and line clamps will help for leaving it over night to be extra sure.
well i have tried several hights and nothing seems to work. jeff thought it was to high so i tried lowering it. it did the same thing. i dont know why but it is the same one every time. i dont know which because i through the cover away with the arrow on it that points to it and i cant get the epson thing to work with ek rip running. im now sure, just crossing my fingers that the new ones work better.

·
Registered
9,534 Posts
i dont even know what a bag system is. maybe i should look into it. i have heard about it on the forum but have never seen one. i hope that the new carts work.
It's literally using airtight collapsible bags instead of ink reservoir. I think some people just DIY it.

From wiki

There is a second type of ink drying that most printers are unable to prevent. For ink to spray from the cartridge, air must enter to displace the removed ink. The air enters via an extremely long, thin labyrinth tube, up to 10 cm long, wrapping back and forth across the ink tank. The channel is long and narrow to reduce moisture evaporation through the vent tube, but some evaporation still occurs and eventually the ink cartridge dries up from the inside out. To combat this problem, which is especially acute with professional fast-drying solvent inks, many wide-format printer cartridge designs contain the ink in an airtight, collapsible bag that requires no vent. The bag merely shrinks until the cartridge is empty.

·
Registered
610 Posts
angel, that looks really interesting. i did see something on i think hack-a-day or something like that. i should look into that. i think i will start my next build tomorrow. i want to build one simular to the one german did with the long platen on rollers. i got all the rollers and track but i want to play with it a bit before i start it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hey guys, speaking of bagged ink. Has anybody tried the BelQuette PrintRite ink bags yet? I believe that's what is in the bottom pic of Angel's previous post. I know that bagged and degassed ink was a hot topic a few months ago on this thread. Here's a link to the ink on BelQuette's site PrintsRite Bagged Ink System for Digital Direct-to-Garment Printers

I'm about to finish a V3 1400 CMYKWW build & I'm not sure where to buy my dtg Inks from. I've looked at Lawson, Atlas and a couple others. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I just finished my carriage assembly, I used rollers instead of drawer slides it works great.There's very little resistance, you can give it a nudge and it will roll from end to end and there's almost no play at all from side to side. I have the design on sketchup if you want to see it.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I just finished my carriage assembly, I used rollers instead of drawer slides it works great.There's very little resistance, you can give it a nudge and it will roll from end to end and there's almost no play at all from side to side. I have the design on sketchup if you want to see it.
i would love to see it since i am going to build the roller style next. if you could list what you are using for rollers and all that good stuff that would be great!!

·
Registered
610 Posts
Can you make a dty ciss whit these?/does anybody have an approximate price per shirt with this ink?
well, i was just doing the math. no matter how you look at it the bag system is .10 cents more a ml than what i pay now so i guess it would be a matter of how much better it worked. its really a savings of about 100. bucks per order for me, so, is the bag worth it??

·
Registered
34 Posts

Hi bob, I'm interested to see your plan:). Drawer slides work great but I am thinking of something to replace it.

3841 - 3860 of 4866 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.