T-Shirt Forums banner
3781 - 3800 of 4866 Posts

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,781 ·
did you see how much it would cost him to get a printer over there?? hell, even if i could get him a new 1100 for 120. and get it to him for 100 thats 5 times less than what he will pay purchasing one over there. i guess we will just have to see the cost to ship first. i wont ship anything usps anymore. i have sold a few printers on ebay and every freaking time they show up broke. that is my new hustle though, i buy a printer on craigslist for 20 bucks, insure it for 200 at the post office, sell it on ebay, when it shows up broke i give the person their money back and get 200 out of the post office. its crazy but that is actually how it has worked the last two times i shipped something through them. its actually kinda sad that they break everything they get their hands on.
spot on, and one of the major reasons im hesitating on complete builds.. shipping is a major problem no matter how its packed/crated/bubble wraped etc...

its a monster customer service headache..:eek:

·
Registered
348 Posts
did you see how much it would cost him to get a printer over there?? hell, even if i could get him a new 1100 for 120. and get it to him for 100 thats 5 times less than what he will pay purchasing one over there. i guess we will just have to see the cost to ship first. i wont ship anything usps anymore. i have sold a few printers on ebay and every freaking time they show up broke. that is my new hustle though, i buy a printer on craigslist for 20 bucks, insure it for 200 at the post office, sell it on ebay, when it shows up broke i give the person their money back and get 200 out of the post office. its crazy but that is actually how it has worked the last two times i shipped something through them. its actually kinda sad that they break everything they get their hands on.
Shipping abroad by either ups or fedex is going to be about 200-300. Plus, he would have to pay customs taxes. In my country it is 16% at least. Not really a solution.

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,786 · (Edited)
And another - World Wide Fulfillment Service:

PBD Worldwide Fulfillment Services Home - Best Order Fufillment

If there is a will there is a way...

Bob ?;O)
Ultimately the problem is when the product is damaged, they do not rebuild the printer for you:)

I have experienced damage several times with a variety of different shippers when delivering printers to friends.. its a major setback when you have to start over the printers are delicate and i seen one that looked like it was used for crash testing:eek:

this is the experience other kit makers have encountered aswell and it will give you a bad name fast when you cant keep up with delivery promises due to damage goods during transit.. I have even recieved printers that were toast on arrival and i simply dont except them when the box looks like it went accross the shooting range..

the best way is to crate them and bubble wrap but you get into alot of time and expense for very low profit...

Reality is the folks making the money on diy printers are ink suppliers/ consumables/ and the software guys... ink is the gas for these machines, you need ciss and ink chips, and if your gonna do it professionally a rip aswell... that group without a doubt are the benefactors i can honestly make more printing shirts without the headache, thats a fact;) Dont get me wrong i love it but the margins that need to be charged for diy printers people are not willing to pay... for me it comes down to what is bringing in the $ with the least amount of issues and its simply printing shirts..

·
Registered
95 Posts
spot on, and one of the major reasons im hesitating on complete builds.. shipping is a major problem no matter how its packed/crated/bubble wraped etc...

its a monster customer service headache..:eek:
maybe you can have a pickup window, i'll drive over to pick one up that i can just plug and print..im running out of pain medicine...

·
Registered
293 Posts
Hi all :)
What is need to successfully print nozzle check on my R1900 DIY DTG? I made it exact as T-Dozer 2 to work in manual roll mode using EK rip. But when I tried to make nozzle check I got error (I think it is no paper or jam error). In EK rip (or in Epson driver) what print mode should be - roll, manual roll or sheet mode?? Is possible to make nozzle check in roll or manual roll mode?

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Hi all :)
What is need to successfully print nozzle check on my R1900 DIY DTG? I made it exact as T-Dozer 2 to work in manual roll mode using EK rip. But when I tried to make nozzle check I got error (I think it is no paper or jam error). In EK rip (or in Epson driver) what print mode should be - roll, manual roll or sheet mode?? Is possible to make nozzle check in roll or manual roll mode?
Yordon, You always want to use roll mode on the 1900...

Bob ?;O)

·
Registered
610 Posts
i know this isnt the 1100 thread but i just printed with the dtg ink for the first time. it looks great on white but i throw the white underbase on it and it looks like hammered dog poooooo!!! here is the pics of what i am talking about. maybe someone has experienced this?? the one with the green is the one with the white underbase, it is a green shirt. the other is the original image

Attachments

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
i know this isnt the 1100 thread but i just printed with the dtg ink for the first time. it looks great on white but i throw the white underbase on it and it looks like hammered dog poooooo!!! here is the pics of what i am talking about. maybe someone has experienced this?? the one with the green is the one with the white underbase, it is a green shirt. the other is the original image

Looks like you could use a second pass of white and color. Are you using EKRip for this or Gutenprint?

Bob ?;O)

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,797 ·
I used and tried to print nozzle check in EK Utility and on other PC in original Epson driver utility for the nozzle check-both in manual roll mode
check with chris at ek, it should do it in roll mode, you may have an older version of rip...

you can force a nozzle check on start up with 1900 by first holding the paper button down then press power on and hold as well once power comes on release both and it will print a nozzle check right at power up...;)

3781 - 3800 of 4866 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.