T-Shirt Forums banner
3421 - 3440 of 4866 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
The pros are 1) Quick delivery 2) No screens or cleanup to mess with. 3) The satisfaction of building it yourself. 4) Saving big bucks. The type of T-shirt maker is someone who has a market for short quick runs or a hacker who just wants to have fun...

Bob ?;O)
awesome ...thanks alot... so is the a price breaks down... on one of these 200 plus pages??? Like so i can know what I am aiming for cuz this does sound like the best choice for me...

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,422 ·
The T-Dozer Sauve "Ricoh" got pulled over for speeding!!:D

thought i would post a clip here and there of some early testing.. We have built several prototypes for the sauve and we decided we are going with the moving printer to take full advantage of the speed and add a couple platens... EXCITING:) the idea with this concept is back to back printers one white with a sliding platen to access both... where making a few adjustments here and there but you get the idea;););)
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvabd3CXYqE&feature=player_detailpage[/media]

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
awesome ...thanks alot... so is the a price breaks down... on one of these 200 plus pages??? Like so i can know what I am aiming for cuz this does sound like the best choice for me...
The entry level of a commercial DTG is around $16,000.00. As far as I know nobody has performed a cost analysis but it is substantially less than buying a commercial unit. There are many variables that are going to effect the cost of your build. 1) Your choice of source and quality of materials 2) Your choice of printer (Used or New) 3) Your technical prowess 4) Your ability to think creatively... To take a guess you probably will end up spending between $400 to $1000 bucks.

Bob ?;O)

·
Registered
334 Posts
The T-Dozer Sauve "Ricoh" got pulled over for speeding!!:D

thought i would post a clip here and there of some early testing.. We have built several prototypes for the sauve and we decided we are going with the moving printer to take full advantage of the speed and add a couple platens... EXCITING:) the idea with this concept is back to back printers one white with a sliding platen to access both... where making a few adjustments here and there but you get the idea;););)
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvabd3CXYqE&feature=player_detailpage[/media]

i'm totaly deaf, i hope you 'll make a good deal with company,

in any case the commercial company need to change the price of epson based or going to better.

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,428 · (Edited)
This ones for all the non believers:D On a serious note i recieved a ton of emails after the release of the last clip wanting to see a proof of concept printing "Even had one person tell me its impossible to crack":) I will say it was very hard to figure out but nothings impossible..

Well here you go another small clip from some of our early testing "we filmed alot during our testing"
as you can see this is from print start with nothing under the head, i then hold a piece of paper under after its printing to show the ink "surf shark" then its removed and shows it still printing!!! This Proves the concept 100% without jeopardizing the completed design.. shows the printer start up/shows the printer moving etc ect:D until next time....

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVuwxP21sUE&feature=player_detailpage[/media]

·
Registered
158 Posts
I believe it will be the best printer to diy as a dtg... If use two machines for black and color layers, then RIP is not needed, this also will save a lot... Since this case is printer moving, I suggest making the printer height adjustable, but not the platen height adjustable. I have done this in R1900. It works fine...

·
Registered
31 Posts
The entry level of a commercial DTG is around $16,000.00. As far as I know nobody has performed a cost analysis but it is substantially less than buying a commercial unit. There are many variables that are going to effect the cost of your build. 1) Your choice of source and quality of materials 2) Your choice of printer (Used or New) 3) Your technical prowess 4) Your ability to think creatively... To take a guess you probably will end up spending between $400 to $1000 bucks.

Bob ?;O)
Whoah thanks for the detailed break down... awesomely appreciated..

·
Registered
36 Posts
This ones for all the non believers:D On a serious note i recieved a ton of emails after the release of the last clip wanting to see a proof of concept printing "Even had one person tell me its impossible to crack":) I will say it was very hard to figure out but nothings impossible..

Well here you go another small clip from some of our early testing "we filmed alot during our testing"
as you can see this is from print start with nothing under the head, i then hold a piece of paper under after its printing to show the ink "surf shark" then its removed and shows it still printing!!! This Proves the concept 100% without jeopardizing the completed design.. shows the printer start up/shows the printer moving etc ect:D until next time....

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVuwxP21sUE&feature=player_detailpage[/media]
You need black frame for the platen :)

3421 - 3440 of 4866 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.