T-Shirt Forums banner
3381 - 3400 of 4866 Posts

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,381 · (Edited)
hello german13
how do you do ?
give me informations about adjustement color with eukon driver i have some problem with colors and with white base
i have also some problem with mother card any mother card abou epson r1900 brookend ? i print ans after any printing mother card brokend !:!!! have you this problem i think is possible ciss ?

thank and best regard

sap diffusion dominique
I dont quite understand what your question is, if your using dupont ink colors should be perfect.. its profiled to dupont...

It seems your saying the ciss systems are making your mother board go bad? I have seen this more and more here on the forums with the 1900 people are saying they get ink out lights and the chips will not reset.. I can say its been a very long time since i used the 1900 and im not sure whats going on with this maybe there was a firmware upgrade by epson that causes this not sure!! I will say i dont think the 1900 is the best choice regarding waste ink and frequent ink resets due to no really good chip for it..

Regarding color you can make adjustments but this is an advanced option in the rip and i think its adjusting the gamma curves, you can tinker with this and always go back to default.. chris will help you much better than i can in this regards..

If your talking about ink chip resets frequently theres no easy way around this, you can however build a hybrid 1900 using the 1800 electronics mother board/cisc board/ power board and carriage (the 1800 and 1400 power board are the same fyi) theres more ink control as far as resets this way but you need to use the 1800 rip, theres more ink control in the 1800 rip aswell (you need to talk to chris about this) If you havnt noticed most commercial 8 channels are done this way using the 1800 electronic guts..

Additionally you may want to try the 2000 epson, i received an email yesterday that the chip/ciss systems will be shipping soon.. I think you will find issue with sourcing the 1800 parts very soon, last i talked to compass micro (epson parts supplier) they were nearing there end of production... I think this is why you see more and more commercial manufactures going away from epson and to other formats.. another suggestion because i know you build and sell these commercially is go to a mutoh format!! that is if you still want to use the epson dx5 head..:)

·
Registered
610 Posts
Ok so I am trying to finish reading the entire thread but am not even half way yet. My question is this, as I read I see a lot of complaints about the 1900 having clogged heads. Is it bad enough that the 1900 wouldn't be worth investing it to attempt this build? My wife already wants to kill me for wanting to spend money on this so I want to try to it right the first time. Thanks guys

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,384 ·
Ok so I am trying to finish reading the entire thread but am not even half way yet. My question is this, as I read I see a lot of complaints about the 1900 having clogged heads. Is it bad enough that the 1900 wouldn't be worth investing it to attempt this build? My wife already wants to kill me for wanting to spend money on this so I want to try to it right the first time. Thanks guys
It is the white ink that has the clog issue if your not printing white ink daily with alot of maint.. if your just starting out i can almost assure you you will clog it up with white...

I would start out building an 1100 which is the cheapest option with a3.. there is alot of risk of messing the printer up when building it, some folks can build them very easy some tend to have trouble.. it really depends how detailed you are and if you have a full understanding of how the printer functions it becomes a breeze..

take your time, best of luck

·
Registered
94 Posts
It is the white ink that has the clog issue if your not printing white ink daily with alot of maint.. if your just starting out i can almost assure you you will clog it up with white...

I would start out building an 1100 which is the cheapest option with a3.. there is alot of risk of messing the printer up when building it, some folks can build them very easy some tend to have trouble.. it really depends how detailed you are and if you have a full understanding of how the printer functions it becomes a breeze..

take your time, best of luck
Hi Jeff
How is the white ink doing in the GX7000? I thought I might start a build myself if the white ink doesn’t clog! Looks like a very nice printer.
Haven’t talked to you in a while how is your dad doing?

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Remember that the 1900 head is what is used in most commercial DTG's. And yes they have head clogging problems also. Bagged ink can help but you still have to take precautions as mentioned above. So the 15K$ machines are just as bad.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hii Jeff,
I am very interested with your post on using R1800 board on R1900 system.
But what we want try is to swap the R1900 with R2880 Printhead or some other DX5 Printhead, Since the R1900 is kinda hard to get nowadays. Some chinese supplier quote $700 for the printhead.
I googled around but haven't gotten any information is it possible or not. The 8 channels DX5 Printheads looks almost the same.
Maybe you can answer.

Thank you

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,389 ·
Hii Jeff,
I am very interested with your post on using R1800 board on R1900 system.
But what we want try is to swap the R1900 with R2880 Printhead or some other DX5 Printhead, Since the R1900 is kinda hard to get nowadays. Some chinese supplier quote $700 for the printhead.
I googled around but haven't gotten any information is it possible or not. The 8 channels DX5 Printheads looks almost the same.
Maybe you can answer.

Thank you
the head is the same dx5, it may have slightly different head ranking but this doesnt affect garment printer qauility..

lots of people where using the 1900 heads in the 4800 also which is a dx5..

if you use an 1800 board/power board/cisc board and carriage it is an 1800 printer just using the 1900 head and chasis.. the only reason for this is ink control.. not a great option with 1800 parts being discontinued with exception to the head..

hope it helps..:)

·
Registered
17 Posts
I musta got lost in the shuffle...:)
I'm sure I have probably missed this somewhere but, I am not sure where the ASF goes. We started out with FE's videos and now we're winging it with the clue book v2. Thanks again! :)
Sorry I forgot to add that we are doing the 1400 build. Oh yeah German, the cork idea helped immensley. It is a step at a time with this for sure.

·
Registered
14 Posts
the head is the same dx5, it may have slightly different head ranking but this doesnt affect garment printer qauility..

lots of people where using the 1900 heads in the 4800 also which is a dx5..

if you use an 1800 board/power board/cisc board and carriage it is an 1800 printer just using the 1900 head and chasis.. the only reason for this is ink control.. not a great option with 1800 parts being discontinued with exception to the head..

hope it helps..:)
Thank you for the explanation Jeff
I was thinking that the R2880 might be better because of bigger nozzle size to prevent the clog. R1900 is minimal 1.5pl droplet, R2880 is 3pl if I am not mistaken.
Anyway I have hard time to locate source for the printhead parts nowadays since R1900 is recently discontinued as well.

Thank you thou

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,393 ·
Thank you for the explanation Jeff
I was thinking that the R2880 might be better because of bigger nozzle size to prevent the clog. R1900 is minimal 1.5pl droplet, R2880 is 3pl if I am not mistaken.
Anyway I have hard time to locate source for the printhead parts nowadays since R1900 is recently discontinued as well.

Thank you thou
the new r2000 has the same head;)

·
Registered
610 Posts
has anyone tried to do this build with a 9600 or something simular?? i was just looking around for printers and found several 9600 on craigslist ranging from 200!! i cant wait to start this build. just bought the rip and am looking for a printer now, guess there is no turning back now!

·
Registered
324 Posts
the ral question is:

why use 2000 1900 or 1800 , the printer is expensive the print head clog quickly and is very expensive about 500 euros,
if you read the thread you will found infos about maintannce , cause it' the point with textile ink

a 1100 fro light shirt or a 1400 for dark and light shirt is the better compromise, certainly less fast, but you will win so much time for maintnance and so much money for part.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The R2000 has more ink channels than the 1400 and can lay down more white in. It also has more nozzles too which means more speed.

the ral question is:

why use 2000 1900 or 1800 , the printer is expensive the print head clog quickly and is very expensive about 500 euros,
if you read the thread you will found infos about maintannce , cause it' the point with textile ink

a 1100 fro light shirt or a 1400 for dark and light shirt is the better compromise, certainly less fast, but you will win so much time for maintnance and so much money for part.

·
Registered
324 Posts
that 's i said, print head have more channel but realy more expensive

print head for this model around 500 euros
print head for 1400 100 euros

when your print head will be clog you can bought around 3 1400 printer for the price of 2000

you will lost more time with the problem of print head and textile ink than the difference of white printing between a 2000 and 1400

1400 could be find used but for 2000 it's hard.

still have the same feelling:

1400 is the better compromize.

got a 1400 and 1390 i have clogg problem some timùe and need to buy new print head , i can imagine for 1900 or 2000 that clogg faster,

·
Registered
9 Posts
The 1400 print head will cost about 80% of a R2000 print head. The R2000 print head doesn't cost 5 times as much.
The R2000 print head is designed for pigment ink and the 1400 print head dye ink. Something to consider since DTG inks are pigment inks.

The R2000 has more ink channels than the 1400 and can lay down more white in. It also has more nozzles too which means more speed.

3381 - 3400 of 4866 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.