T-Shirt Forums banner
3361 - 3380 of 4866 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Ok, I've read about 10 pages and there is just to much to.read! There is no way I could pull off the build, is anyone selling these yet?
Yea, this thread started out as a 1900 diy dtg printer and now has covered over 4 printers new findings and downfalls.
Rather than start a new thread this one meanders on and on.
Also if your not asking about the current topic at hand you could get ignored.
The length of this thread is discouraging to new readers who thought it was about building a 1900.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Ok, I've read about 10 pages and there is just to much to.read! There is no way I could pull off the build, is anyone selling these yet?
Try the Wiki... It is an attempt to drill down some of the build into a more concise form... It needs updating but I seem to be the only person interested working it. With the exception of Randy who uploaded the alpha version V3 plans. Thanks Randy.

Bob ?;O)

·
Registered
610 Posts
I have wondered this as well.
This is still a while in our future as we are having trouble getting the drive rod and platen working correctly. UGH!!:mad:
well i dont know anything about it, but, i was just looking at ekprints website and they now support the 1100 so maybe its possible. i guess if i had to i could spend the extra money to get the 1900 if there was more detailed instructions on how to do the build. i am gonna try it regardless so if anyone has any instructions or support PLEASE let me know!!

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,373 · (Edited)
well i dont know anything about it, but, i was just looking at ekprints website and they now support the 1100 so maybe its possible. i guess if i had to i could spend the extra money to get the 1900 if there was more detailed instructions on how to do the build. i am gonna try it regardless so if anyone has any instructions or support PLEASE let me know!!
I highly reccomend a rip for the epsons if your going to print on any kind of professional level.. test the trial versions of ekrip/ any rip and you will notice big differences right away from drive control to color profiling etc etc:) the 1100 can be used for white printing if you use two printers that would give you cmyk printer and a wwww printer and white ink printing is supported in ek rip for the 1100... the 1400 will print white with two channels but is painfully slow.. the 1800/1900 print white very well with decent speed but the dx5 head tends to clog easily with white ink if your not a daily printer of white ink... there are several reasons for this one being the white ink has slightly higher viscosity than the printer is rated for and as the ink evaporates in open air delivery systems the viscosity only goes up.. additionally white ink (titanium dioxide) tends to fall out of suspension fairly easy.. moral of the story if you print white ink with an epson do so daily and have enough volume to do it quickly!!

Its really only a hobby toy without a rip/ a quaility rip that is.. IMHO

·
Registered
610 Posts
I highly reccomend a rip for the epsons if your going to print on any kind of professional level.. test the trial versions of ekrip/ any rip and you will notice big differences right away from drive control to color profiling etc etc:) the 1100 can be used for white printing if you use two printers that would give you cmyk printer and a wwww printer and white ink printing is supported in ek rip for the 1100... the 1400 will print white with two channels but is painfully slow.. the 1800/1900 print white very well with decent speed but the dx5 head tends to clog easily with white ink if your not a daily printer of white ink... there are several reasons for this one being the white ink has slightly higher viscosity than the printer is rated for and as the ink evaporates in open air delivery systems the viscosity only goes up.. additionally white ink (titanium dioxide) tends to fall out of suspension fairly easy.. moral of the story if you print white ink with an epson do so daily and have enough volume to do it quickly!!

Its really only a hobby toy without a rip/ a quaility rip that is.. IMHO
i have looked for the rip software but i cant even find a trial version. do you have a link??

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,379 ·
@ anyone here :)is this the ciss system i need for the r1900
R1900 Damper Refillable System| R1900| R Models| Epson| InkJetCarts Saves on Refilling Supplies R1900

from inkjetcart house
it is 119.95

Epson Damper Ciss 120ml System Refillable Epson R1900

Refilling never got easier than with this Continuous Ink System :)

Regarding the 1900 ciss i built my own, so maybe others here will chime in on the ciss for 1900 from inkjet carts..

I have used the 1400 and 1100 chips and ciss from inkjet carts with great results... I myself have made mods to the inklines on different ciss systems (larger diameter) .. somewhere in here theres info on this:)

hopefully someone will answer you that has the 1900 ciss and i have seen several in the different videos, no reviews..

·
Registered
53 Posts
hello german13
how do you do ?
give me informations about adjustement color with eukon driver i have some problem with colors and with white base
i have also some problem with mother card any mother card abou epson r1900 brookend ? i print ans after any printing mother card brokend !:!!! have you this problem i think is possible ciss ?

thank and best regard

sap diffusion dominique

3361 - 3380 of 4866 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.