T-Shirt Forums banner
3121 - 3140 of 4866 Posts

· Registered
3,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,121 ·
So do you know if the head on the GXe3300N is the same as in the GX7000? Awesome work Jeff!
Luis

Im not sure regarding the head but one would think so, they also have another model 5050 or something like that?

All i can say is its one heck of a printer its no toy!! If this all pans out its really going to be something special.. we also know it has been converted to a dtg in the past so its starting to get exciting!!!:)

· Registered
334 Posts
i have question about belt system, to don't have to use ekrip only for feed adjust, is there someone who tried a trimmer adjustement to reduce the voltage

5 x trimmer cermet 10K 0,5W 25trs Bourns 3296W | eBay

, it should be like a feed adjustement?

this kibnd of trimmer need to be connected to th red wire, to the center and one other pad it's an adjustable resistance

Cyberpictures ?

· Registered
456 Posts
wow its so fast its incredible. indeed i see the main problem will be the speed. i have 2 idears for the moving of the platten, a gear and rails (dont know the english word) will perhaps contribute to get the printbed in the right spot at the right time every time.(noisy) or second, in the shark video the printbed is in 9 different positions. what if the bed is not moving liniair smootly like in epson superfine mode, but what if a servo or other solution makes the bed go to fixed/locked position 1 ..position 2..etc

· Registered
3,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,127 · (Edited)
the ricoh has enough distance for a platen in its stock base.. im going to take some time to configure the best application for the drive/sensor rework... the only extension if any will need to be from the back.. Its very fast but most of this comes from the speed of the printhead carriage and how big the head is allowing for approx 2 inch steps in the drive.. its kind of decieving makes you think the drive is super fast which its quick but more so the carriage and printhead size..

Im real excited about the ricoh project, every thing seems to be coming together fairly easy..

it all ready has refill carts/ we have the correct viscosity inks (dtginks.com) I think dan will be doing all he can with ink delivery system (bags for carts).. Ek is looking into the rip aswell etc..

It takes about three printers to get a working demo sometimes more.. a control/parts printer/ and the prototype... and thats barring no accidents (blowing things up).. we will get it:p currently im just limited by r&d cost, so baby steps..

· Registered
3,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,129 ·
learning more on the ricoh.. I found you can slow the printer down by using different type paper and going up in resolution or qauility mode.. i think this is equivilant to 3600x something or another dpi.. this makes me feel better about the drive system.. the fact remains you could print at rocket speed with this thing.. even the high res is still fast in comparrison to the epsons...

this printer also needs a bypass tray (rear paper feeder) this is an optional attachment and needs to be purchased separatly.. the bypass tray allows you to print 13x 19 up to banner size of 51 inches.. ortherwise with the stock tray your limited to 11x17 print..

Im still checking out the components and i have did some testing with various sensors checking how they read etc.. I will not get accurate results without the bypass tray so i have to source one...

I have read thru the service manual about 8 times (never enough) so i have a good grasp on it now but i need some testing with the bypass tray yet..

I cant say enough about this printer the print head is 1.27 wide, each head has 2 lines of nozzles for each color with 192 nozzles in each line (384 nozzles per color):D more updates as i find them.. bedtime

· Registered
3 Posts
I have spent the last few weeks reading all of the posts here, following all the links and reading the service manuals. I would just like to thank all of you who have posted and put so much work into this project. Reading this thread was like moving through a time machine; waiting and hoping that certain issues would be solved, or hoping that the project wouldn't have been scrapped altogether because of the issues with printing white.

I have mixed feelings about having caught up; I can finally start participating (hopefully contributing) but I will have to wait for further developments in real-time now rather than just reading on through the threads!

Either way, thank you all. Especially those of you who have led this project and put so much of your time into it (you all know who you are).

· Registered
3,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,134 ·
i should be ready to try to make a dtg from a ricoh e3350N, cause of price, i will check for service manual too/

does it have a waste ink reseter for ricoh,

waste ink reset is built into the machine.. it has what they call an ink collector once it reaches its capacity it will tell you it needs to be replaced.. at this point you either replace the collector ($20) or reclaim the one you have by cleaning it out.. you then reset using the control panel...

· Registered
52 Posts
We should check out the other ricoh printers aswell. Maybe a cheaper one will also work. Any Thoughts on that? I'm still reading the service manual. It looks good but it will be a lot of work until it's all done.

I still hope to find a broken one on ebay to fix it. Will be much easyer to have a real one to figure things out then just by looking at pictures.

· Registered
3,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,136 · (Edited)
We should check out the other ricoh printers aswell. Maybe a cheaper one will also work. Any Thoughts on that? I'm still reading the service manual. It looks good but it will be a lot of work until it's all done.

I still hope to find a broken one on ebay to fix it. Will be much easyer to have a real one to figure things out then just by looking at pictures.

THE GX7000 is the only a3 if im not mistaken.. Im pretty sure this is so, most sublimators use the 7000 because of the a3 up to 51 banner..

a lesser model would be good for testing but thats about it:) It is a more complcated printer, but it depends on how you go about the build.. i have my plan of attack pretty much figured out..

i do have a broken model that i have completely disassembled to check out the workings of the printer.. during the breakdown i documented the do,s and donts... im just waiting on the bypass try and i will be off and running... my delima is what drive to use...

· Registered
334 Posts
yes i search every model of inkjet ricoh and the 7000 is the only A3, the rest is A4 or multifonctional or laser

at time regarding your video of sharp i can think it's should be a ferrari of dtg for light tshirt

that why i think to buy an A4 for when i will have budget
but i found only user manaul and not maintance maual on web.

3121 - 3140 of 4866 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.