T-Shirt Forums banner
3101 - 3120 of 4866 Posts

· Registered
3,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,101 ·
Looks like tdozer v3 using sheet mode
Am i right?
my build uses sheet mode, the 1400 printer does not have roll mode standard from epson.. however a roll mode can be added in the rip..

there is another rip "davanci rip" that uses the 1400 with the roll mode command for sublimation and printing banners.. ;)

· Registered
3,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,104 · (Edited)
Update on inks for the RICOH project... Dan from DTGINKS.COM will be providing ink samples for the project..

My biggest concern for this project was sourcing ink for the higher viscosity rating, the last couple of days have been very promising in these regards... Lately its been alot of footwork talking to people in regards to inks... reading the service manual several times and studing the parts of the machine..

there will be a few bumps in the road but we are off to a good start.. If we dont have any electrical accidents blowing boards etc:eek:.. I have ordered some additional refill carts etc to test the dtg inks when we are confident in regards to the sensors etc..concidering everything going on currently with the epsons (supply/model discontinues) and the white ink clogging i feel this to be a great alternative to test as one cmyk printer and a separate for white ink... let us pray..:D

· Registered
2,768 Posts
OK Guys and Gals. The V3 has arrived. Some damage in shipping but it will serve the purpose well. The main print engine got twisted a bit. But the real jewel here is the frame, friction feed, asf mod and the pe using the an asf senor with tabs on the rails. Love it. What we will do is disassemble the components and measure, photograph and document. This will take some time so hang on. I will post some pics as I go along with some of the highlights that will interest most. Unfortunately I travel a lot as some of you know. I will get on it as fast as possible.

· Registered
3,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,108 · (Edited)
Got to play with the Ricoh tonite... did some testing with the stock driver.. this particular printer is a loaner doaner used for a control as i start testing the different drives as the surgery on the printers get under way..

All i have to say is this printer is insanely fast... for example i printed the surf shark 10X12 in qauility mode bi directional.. (qauility mode makes four passes of the print head) Get this (18 SECONDS) THE HEAD ON THIS THING IS A MONSTER... in this mode it takes about 2 inch steps on the drive..

tried slowing it down and went to uni directional it printed in about 20 seconds this with four passes of the head per step.. unreal "fastest inkjet i have ever seen live".. In this mode it takes smaller steps around 1/2 inch i think.. makes the epsons look like toys in comparrison!!

there is all kinds of cool stuff in the driver aswell like a delay between printing the next sheet.. this is to allow dry time so the next print doesnt land on a wet print .... (its that fast)

the platen tolerances are going to have to be tight on this build:) the speed of this is going to make it worth it alone... additionally i think you can print faster than many dtgs using two ricohs one for the white... its going to be fun....;)

· Registered
110 Posts
I've been reading, learning and digesting some of this info and need some help.
Since the Epson 1100 is a cheap printer for practicing DTG I'd like to know how good are the images, both process as well as photo, from a 4 color inkjet for white/light shirts and what is the best/better ink for this printer.
I have seen that the new Prismjet from Signwarehouse uses a 1900r printer base because of the orange ink they mention. They have a brand of eco solvent enduroink dt.
Just wondering if, since this comes in 150 ml bottles, this might also be a good ink to test.
I realize the rip will be important as well as a color profile.
Speaking of color profiles, has anyone tried making their own from what's already on the market?
Hope to hear some feedback, I'm hoping to start something in the near future. Thanks for any help
Wyndham

3101 - 3120 of 4866 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.