T-Shirt Forums banner
3081 - 3100 of 4866 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Its only far to compare print speed numbers by epson by using the epson driver for each printer.. other wise you need to compare the print times with the rip being used for each printer.. additionally rips are not created equal the ek rip printing in 720 is very fast and can be adjusted to print faster by adjusting drop size...

it all depends what you are printing sometimes slow is better sometimes production is better theres no real guideline here.. i look forward to seeing the 1100 rip supported aswell.. i hope someone does some white ink print times and test with the 1100 for all to view aswell!!!:)

Im conflicted on tearing into a ricoh until i see the performace of an 1100..:confused:
i think if you want to use for production stick with the r1900, if you just want to have some fun go for the ricoh..... its a whole new dimension of your project there haha. if you have the time, and money go for it!

the 1100 will probably work, i have one for regular ink and paper and i have very little clogging but still needs a head cleaning every day. filled with white only i cant believe its going to be much different clogging than any other epson head.

clogging on the ricoh; a printhead clogs from the sludge from bottles/lines i think as the particles settle it will clog no matter how big the nozzles are. the sludge is just to thick. but than again, theory and real world are always different. it might be that this tiny difference will be just enough to drastically improve the white ink performance.
the new roland versacam vs300 have a system to prevent settling, they probably have studied white ink. think its a sort of wims system.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Jeff, I think Kornit ink would be a good first choice for testing on the ricoh, it's 180 a liter and from what I've seen on videos the opacity is great:

Kornit White Water-based Ink (7 150ml Bottles) - Hirsch

Can any one buy Kornit white without havin a kornit printer?

Even if the 1100 is ideal for printing white, you would still have production rates of 12-14 shirts per hour using separate printers. If the ricoh works, you might be looking at production rates of 30-60 per hour? That's crazy fast. The Aeoon prints 4 inches per pass and prints a full size in like 20 seconds. If the ricoh does 2.5" per pass, it's not far behind, at a fraction of the cost of the kyocera printheads.

·
Registered
455 Posts
hey guys its me again....i think i have a problem, cannot get to print yet but can get it to spray on the fron left of my platern....anyone have this problem?

thanks in advance
Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting
that spraying on the left is what all dtg/r1900's do so youre on the right track. you need a ink-spit box there. a plastic q-tip container seems to fit exactly there.
if you cant print you're probably in roll or manual mode and the sensor in the printhead is giving troubles?

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,085 ·
widely used doesnt mean they are best one ;) anyway, i will try dupont also, to see differance.
I agree widely used isnt always best.. i have tried both inks dupont and resolute, resolute does not clog like dupont. however there is a trade off with opacity... less pigment load or filler etc not sure..

I have also tried other non dupont whites all with similar results to dupont..:)

Another issue regarding the 1100 that im not clear on is the drop size.. it has a higher drop size than its cousins but i dont know if this equates to a larger nozzle size!! you can achieve drop size by firing multiple shots in the same spot.. So i dont completely know and understand the epson head configuration or if the 1100 has larger nozzles!! the dupont ink will tell you:D

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,086 · (Edited)
i think if you want to use for production stick with the r1900, if you just want to have some fun go for the ricoh..... its a whole new dimension of your project there haha. if you have the time, and money go for it!

the 1100 will probably work, i have one for regular ink and paper and i have very little clogging but still needs a head cleaning every day. filled with white only i cant believe its going to be much different clogging than any other epson head.

clogging on the ricoh; a printhead clogs from the sludge from bottles/lines i think as the particles settle it will clog no matter how big the nozzles are. the sludge is just to thick. but than again, theory and real world are always different. it might be that this tiny difference will be just enough to drastically improve the white ink performance.
the new roland versacam vs300 have a system to prevent settling, they probably have studied white ink. think its a sort of wims system.
several reasons i dont like the 1900, the first is it wastes a tremendous amount of ink ie head cleanings/spits..

second the dx5 is clog prone when not printing white in high volume.. i will not use the 1900, this is why i went to the 1400 which does way better on waste ink but similar on clogs...

the problem we have here is we are using epsons rated for 2.8 viscosity and running just under 5 viscosity inks thru them.. so if we use the ricoh rated at 8 viscosity and run 8 viscosity thru it may resolve the issues? hard to pass up this test!!!

we will see what the 1100 will do when a few test the white ink.. however estrada is right its not a production printer.. the ricoh would be the way to go even with two printers one printing white if they dont clog as easy!!! time is money and so is replacement heads and down time:D

·
Registered
334 Posts
widely used doesnt mean they are best one ;) anyway, i will try dupont also, to see differance.
in my case with 1400, sometime i don't print during 3 days and when i want to print a new time i just make head cleaning with espon driver print on poor tshirt,and it is ready to make a good job

with dupont ink, i will tried the resolute ink when my dupont is out.

·
Registered
334 Posts
several reasons i dont like the 1900, the first is it wastes a tremendous amount of ink ie head cleanings/spits..

second the dx5 is clog prone when not printing white in high volume.. i will not use the 1900, this is why i went to the 1400 which does way better on waste ink but similar on clogs...

the problem we have here is we are using epsons rated for 2.8 viscosity and running just under 5 viscosity inks thru them.. so if we use the ricoh rated at 8 viscosity and run 8 viscosity thru it may resolve the issues? hard to pass up this test!!!

we will see what the 1100 will do when a few test the white ink.. however estrada is right its not a production printer.. the ricoh would be the way to go even with two printers one printing white if they dont clog as easy!!! time is money and so is replacement heads and down time:D
as i said in another post a few month ago , in 1400 there two model of print head:

one with 4 hole by channel that clogg fast

one with 8 holes smaller, by channel that is realy better , seems like a filter for print head.

·
Registered
334 Posts
with my experience i can let my printer without job during 3 days with the 16holes models it's not case with 4 holes;
, working like a small filter

i bought this two model new in differents shop.

i don't want this with 4 holes annymore

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,096 · (Edited)
you meam all your printhead are with the 16holes?
the heads i have contain four holes in each cartridge tip receptor.. the ones in the stock printer and also the seperate parts heads i have purchased.. never had an issue with them.. heres a few pics of a brand new 1400 head..

If your having problems why not just trim the tips off and open it to a large hole? :)

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,098 ·
no perhpas my poor english, i would said i got less problem of clogging and better job with the one that have 16 smaller holes, the one with 4 bigger holes clogg faster, when i tested the one with 16 holes it was like i bought another dtg.

it's only my feeling
Makes sense, sometimes little things make a big difference..:)

3081 - 3100 of 4866 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.