T-Shirt Forums banner
3061 - 3080 of 4866 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello guys!

I'm new here, read many threads and now want ask for your professional advice.
I`m now choosing which printer to buy for converting into a DTG: 1100 or 1400?
There is a main nuance - I do not need printing white ink on black. And i need only 4 colors.
Besides differences in the number of cartridges (4 and 6) have between them some sort of a difference in the converting?
Maybe with some model more problems or more errors?

Very interested in your opinion, especially german13.

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,067 ·
German13 i have some problem for adjust color with eukon
have you information about that
J have problem of colorimetry colors are not tres live
Im not sure i understand your question! but if you are talking about ink profiles ek is profiled to dupont inks and matches great.. however if you use a different brand ink you will need to have a profile created for the rip.. you can request info from ek on this subject.. when i used resolute ink with the rip my colors didnt match like the dupont and it was said a profile would be needed for it.. other than that i have no experience with adjusting color for it..
:)

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,068 ·
Hello guys!

I'm new here, read many threads and now want ask for your professional advice.
I`m now choosing which printer to buy for converting into a DTG: 1100 or 1400?
There is a main nuance - I do not need printing white ink on black. And i need only 4 colors.
Besides differences in the number of cartridges (4 and 6) have between them some sort of a difference in the converting?
Maybe with some model more problems or more errors?

Very interested in your opinion, especially german13.
Both model epson printers are the same in the conversion aspects.. one advantage to the 1100 over the 1400 is it has a cover open sensor which is a benefit of stalling betwwen prints without error when sending multiply jobs.. the 1400 can be stalled aswell with multiple jobs but you have to use the cdr sensor.. you however dont have to have the stall feature and can simply hit print for individual jobs.. the 1100 has 4 colors compared to the 1400s 6 colors which means the two additional channels of the 1400 will need to be filled with something whether it be white ink or cleaning solution... If you have no issue with only printing white and have no issue with print speed i would go with the 1100 its a cheaper printer and ink setup will be easier...

the 1400 is also a bit faster in print time speed..:)

hope it helps

·
Registered
13 Posts
Both model epson printers are the same in the conversion aspects.. one advantage to the 1100 over the 1400 is it has a cover open sensor which is a benefit of stalling betwwen prints without error when sending multiply jobs.. the 1400 can be stalled aswell with multiple jobs but you have to use the cdr sensor.. you however dont have to have the stall feature and can simply hit print for individual jobs.. 1100 has 4 colors compared to the 1400s 6 colors which means the two additional channels of the 1400 will need to be filled with something whether it be white ink or cleaning solution... If you have no issue with only printing white and have no issue with print speed i would go with the 1100 its a cheaper printer and ink setup will be easier...

Thank you for your detailed response.
- What is the cdr sensor? where can I take it? He bought separately or it is in the construction of 1100?
-If in the 1400`s cartridges Light Cyan and Light Magenta add just Cyan and Magenta inks?
This is something affected on? Maybe there will be more consumption of this ink? What is the best way?
-The second question: are there any digits on how much 1400 faster than 1100? in half, two or two and a half times?

·
Registered
455 Posts
The thing is, no one is showing a complete job , start to finish , on how to modify a printer.
No way do I want to buy printer , dismantle it, only to have half the instruction on youtube.
by the time you have dismantald the printer and start the build things will get clear. i remember when i started it was all very abstract and i was trying to find out what to do by reading . when you're actually doing it it all makes sense. so you dont really need a complete a-z guide. you will have to improvise! and figure it out, that's the best so you completly understand all the sensors and what the need to do when.

its a risk but if you have a bit of time its alot of fun.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Both model epson printers are the same in the conversion aspects.. one advantage to the 1100 over the 1400 is it has a cover open sensor which is a benefit of stalling betwwen prints without error when sending multiply jobs.. the 1400 can be stalled aswell with multiple jobs but you have to use the cdr sensor.. you however dont have to have the stall feature and can simply hit print for individual jobs.. the 1100 has 4 colors compared to the 1400s 6 colors which means the two additional channels of the 1400 will need to be filled with something whether it be white ink or cleaning solution... If you have no issue with only printing white and have no issue with print speed i would go with the 1100 its a cheaper printer and ink setup will be easier...

hope it helps

but there is no rip yet for the 1100 right? that's a major disadvantage. also the 1100 is actually a 5 channel printer (2 black channels). as soon as ek rip will support 1100 i think i will do a 1100 also. print speed is not an issue for me. i do a day a few shirts with it. doesnt matter if it takes 5 min or 10 each. production on a dtg is a pain anyway.

·
Registered
13 Posts
i saw on epson.com next specifications:

Epson 1100
ISO Print Speed:

• Black: 13 ppm2
  • Color: 5.5 ppm2
Epson 1400
Print Speed:

• Black: 15ppm1
  • Color: 15ppm1
This means that 1400 faster 1100 in about 3 times? (when printing color pictures)

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,077 ·
Its only far to compare print speed numbers by epson by using the epson driver for each printer.. other wise you need to compare the print times with the rip being used for each printer.. additionally rips are not created equal the ek rip printing in 720 is very fast and can be adjusted to print faster by adjusting drop size...

it all depends what you are printing sometimes slow is better sometimes production is better theres no real guideline here.. i look forward to seeing the 1100 rip supported aswell.. i hope someone does some white ink print times and test with the 1100 for all to view aswell!!!:)

Im conflicted on tearing into a ricoh until i see the performace of an 1100..:confused:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Its only far to compare print speed numbers by epson by using the epson driver for each printer.. other wise you need to compare the print times with the rip being used for each printer.. additionally rips are not created equal the ek rip printing in 720 is very fast and can be adjusted to print faster by adjusting drop size...

it all depends what you are printing sometimes slow is better sometimes production is better theres no real guideline here.. i look forward to seeing the 1100 rip supported aswell.. i hope someone does some white ink print times and test with the 1100 for all to view aswell!!!:)

Im conflicted on tearing into a ricoh until i see the performace of an 1100..:confused:
i am searching for white ink, then I will test b1100 with it. i am trying to get something other, not dupont. trying to get better ink, which will not clog printhead in 1 day without printing!

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,079 ·
i am searching for white ink, then I will test b1100 with it. i am trying to get something other, not dupont. trying to get better ink, which will not clog printhead in 1 day without printing!
dupont has the highest opacity for the white and the most widely used white ink.. also the most clog prone IMHO i think a true white ink test will have to be based on dupont with the 1100...

3061 - 3080 of 4866 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.