T-Shirt Forums banner
3041 - 3060 of 4866 Posts

· Registered
3,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,042 ·
Hate to bother, but if my mainboard short circuited could there be a chance the other parts are ruined too?

Also wondering if anyone have a spare 1400 Mainboard... thansk
Yes very much so!!!

i would just start again with a refurb!!! dont chance pluggin a bad part and frying something on your new part..:)

I did this with a 1900 and its not cheap...

· Registered
3,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,044 · (Edited)
Looks great especially the size of the print head :eek: ! So what is it about this printer that is not working?
it was a dyesub printer apparently sawgrass had a problem with there carts that fried alot of these printers out... similar to what happens to epson when you get ink on the printhead flatcables..

so its pretty much fried.. im trying to locate a service manual to look at the sensor configuration and then i will tear into a working unit once i see whats up with the sensors...

keep an eye out for a service manual for this printer.. it goes by RICOH aficio gx 7000... this is going to be fun...:)

· Registered
3,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,045 ·
I have chris (ek rip) looking into the ricoh.. intial conversation is with the printer language he can adapt a rip..

Also regarding the 1100 he is working on this aswell.. he mentioned the print to file option in the rip would let you send the file to seperate printers by naming each printer or assigning a port for two separate 1100 from what i understand.. i think he is looking more into this..

my interest is in the ricoh im curious what its capabilities are, it would be a smokin fast dtg..:)

· Registered
52 Posts
I think I short circuited my main board. can a epson 1900 mainboard replace a 1400's?
Had the same problem - look for blown fuses .. there is one on the meinboard - named F1 - and look it there are any parts that look damaged. If not replace the fuse and connect again - if it works - good if not maybe the part thats been damaged will start to smell and you can replace it. Not the gentleway to do this but there is not much you can damage. do not connect the printhead on first try.

good luck!

· Registered
17 Posts
hey guy's,

i've connected everything back up that i think needs connecting but i there is a problem with the APG motor....can anyone tell us what ive done wrong here...thank you in advance!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zy1y62ZmHTQ[/media]

Andy

· Registered
156 Posts
RICOH GX7000 is four color ink catridge, if want to print with white ink, then you have to use two different machine... The dtg size and weight will be heavily... Since the print head use the same piezo technology, the only factor to consider is its droplets size. Otherwise, I could not find the exact droplets size on the web... If RICOH GX7000 print head is bigger a lot, such as more than 8 pl ... it should be consider to combine two machine as a dark t-shirt dtg...

· Registered
3 Posts
hi , it's my first post :)

i'm not a dyier, but all your projects seems to be wonderful, i would buy one:

- i found turbo jet on ebay TurboJet DTG 2200 Garment Printer (Mfg. Refurbished ) | eBay

- and this one on clasified thread
http://www.t-shirtforums.com/tf-classifieds/t159786.html#post951076

the first is 2200 with free rip cymk and second 1400 with rip

i red some infos on other thread here about turbojet but i would to have advice about the different model and final price of each.

thank you

cheers

· Registered
333 Posts
Can i?:confused:
i think if i stay fair;:p

so the 2200 as i read is faster ,
there is more channel so more white ink for dark tshirt,
don't know if the print head clogg fast,
the spares parts are more expensive than 1400
this pinter is holder than the 1400

the 1400 only have 6 channel, 2 for white , it slower to print, the spare parts are realy cheaper,
the print head clogg slower than the 1900

the point you need to know too, is the mode friction or belt

friction mode is better cause stay the original speed of printer

· Registered
3,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,055 ·
2200 parts are not available or will be short lived from what i was told at compass micro...

however if you by some used 2200 epsons you could have parts to last you a while.. i dont think a 2200 is faster than the 1400 maybe on the white ink printing im certain it is but not cmyk...

· Registered
3,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,056 ·
Regarding the ricoh its been brought to my attention that the dupont ink designed for epson can not be used due to its low viscosity.. "it will leak or drip from the head" this coming from a good source... however i understand dupont allso makes a higher viscosity ink!!

so this is good and bad..lol a higher viscosity ink will need to be tested like the dupont/ brother/lawson or kornit inks... this actually might be a blessing..:)

· Registered
252 Posts
hi , it's my first post :)

i'm not a dyier, but all your projects seems to be wonderful, i would buy one:

- i found turbo jet on ebay TurboJet DTG 2200 Garment Printer (Mfg. Refurbished ) | eBay

- and this one on clasified thread
http://www.t-shirtforums.com/tf-classifieds/t159786.html#post951076

the first is 2200 with free rip cymk and second 1400 with rip

i red some infos on other thread here about turbojet but i would to have advice about the different model and final price of each.

thank you

cheers
Nothing is free.

· Registered
156 Posts
Regarding the ricoh its been brought to my attention that the dupont ink designed for epson can not be used due to its low viscosity.. "it will leak or drip from the head" this coming from a good source...
You can just purchase a second hand Ricoh 7000 and input some dupond ink to the cartridge to test it... I still doubt it would clog as possible as epson4880c dtg...
Another thing, low viscosity I do not think it will leak to drip... for example, put some distilled water in ink cartridge, print from epson, it also can print the image accurately...

· Registered
3,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,059 ·
You can just purchase a second hand Ricoh 7000 and input some dupond ink to the cartridge to test it... I still doubt it would clog as possible as epson4880c dtg...
Another thing, low viscosity I do not think it will leak to drip... for example, put some distilled water in ink cartridge, print from epson, it also can print the image accurately...
My understanding is sawgrass tested the dupont ink made for epsons thru the ricoh when they were developing the dyesub inks and the printhead leaked /dripped the epson based dupont ink out of the head.. due to the large nozzles of the ricoh... this is what i have been told by a very good source whom has been involved in dtg since its inception...

however i dont think anything is out of bounds as far as testing goes... but im going to try the higher viscosity first:)

there is a very difficult work around on a few of the ricoh sensors but im certain i have a solution for them, the ink is my only concern and i believe we can use the lawson xpressjet dtg ink and or sawgrass dtgink for the brother dtg.. i may even test the kornit ink in the ricoh..

this experiment will answer alot of questions for me regarding dtg abilitys with a larger head and more viscous ink for sure..

· Registered
321 Posts
I haven't tried it but had the same idea. Has to be less likely to clog than the R1900.

Philip

It would be very hard to give a "quick" description of sensors and where they should be placed.. it would take several pages of posts to explain this, if your new to the build your best starting point is to read the epson service manual for the particular printer.. the concept is the same for all current desktop epsons...

you also have the clue book avail on colorfingers wiki or within this thread here on page 39 post 583 ish... your best off reading the entire thread/s from beginning to end for all the trials and tribulations of the build/s and the best methods for each with input from several builders whom have completed working builds:) best advice i can give..

it not only contains build info but user experience with dtg, you may find its not best for what you need to achieve and would save you lots of time and effort $$, if this in fact the case... you will also have a learning curve with the rip and/ciss systems/white ink printing/pretreat process etc.. i dont want anyone to think this is push a button profit because its certainly not.. in fact we have found screen printing a better profit margin/ process for what we are after.. this of course after traveling the hard road of the diydtg build and thinking its easy street. read as much as you can throughout the forum on the different processes and user opinions...

best of luck...;)

3041 - 3060 of 4866 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.