T-Shirt Forums banner
2861 - 2880 of 4866 Posts

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,861 ·
Here is an easy way to calculate ink cost on any design.
Download a copy of Multi Rip. It's fully functional except it prints a watermark if you use it to print t-shirts.
You can enter the cost you pay or expect to pay for inks and then pick a design like you are going to print it and it will calculate the cost to print the t-shirt.

Philip
EK Rip also has the ink estimate calculator, any good rip should have this feature..

the cmyk prints are reasonable, its the white ink printing cost that is the biggest issue.. some if not most decent size prints 12x10 or so range in the 2 to 3 dollar area per print (just the white ink) add pretreat cost on top of that plus shirt cost/ labor/waste ink and it is not very appealling for the low volume printer and certainly not profittable... on top of this if you have one issue with the printer like a clogged head you will be in the hole on profits and down with the machine...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
293 Posts
The auto return could be a big time saver. Do you have Tom email. I like to ask hime how he did it?

Philip
Heres a build sent to me by Tom from poland!!! with his 1900 very cool stuff it keeps growing and growing!!! nice job tom and i sent the info you requested!!!:)

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93xe25OHFhI&feature=player_detailpage[/media]

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
The tuc lock would be pretty easy for a DIY person to implement. It's basically 2 parallel strips of car door weather strip that pinches the shirt in between when you tuck it around the board.
I made mine with u channel Aluminum and garage door weather stripping. Used extra strong double sided tape to attach weather stripping to u channel

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,872 ·
The auto return could be a big time saver. Do you have Tom email. I like to ask hime how he did it?

Philip
I dont have toms email but he is a reader here and i received the video via pm.. im not sure if he will elaborate on it or not? he is still in prototype process!! i can tell you that its a relay version with a 555 timer simple to build if you understand the needs;)

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,874 · (Edited)
I have been keeping my eye on an emerging technology.. digital airbrushing, i really think this would be a good replacement option for inkjet dtgs.. the consumables would be less etc etc.. Im watching this closely and may even tackle a diydtg digital airbrusher......:) seems it would solve all our problems.. i think this is more a cnc style project with a good rip to match the configuration...

heres an example

YouTube - ‪Custom Flag with Lambo Doors - Digitally Airbrushed‬‏

YouTube - ‪Digital Printing of Chevy Corvette C6 Hoodliner‬‏

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I have been keeping my eye on an emerging technology.. digital airbrushing, i really think this would be a good replacement option for inkjet dtgs.. the consumables would be less etc etc.. Im watching this closely and may even tackle a diydtg digital airbrusher......:) seems it would solve all our problems.. i think this is more a cnc style project with a good rip to match the configuration...

heres an example

YouTube - ‪Custom Flag with Lambo Doors - Digitally Airbrushed‬‏

YouTube - ‪Digital Printing of Chevy Corvette C6 Hoodliner‬‏
Aside from a Myspace account this company does not have much of a web presence yet. Best to keep an eye on them... Good find.

Bob ?;O)

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,876 ·
Aside from a Myspace account this company does not have much of a web presence yet. Best to keep an eye on them... Good find.

Bob ?;O)
im going the screen print route 100% full speed ...until a rock solid white ink print solution becomes avail:)

I think the digital airbrush is the best approach to this for a dtg..thus far;) ill watch closely while screening..lol:D

2861 - 2880 of 4866 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.