T-Shirt Forums banner
2801 - 2820 of 4866 Posts

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
I will try to get mine put back together enough to see if the origional inks will reset the thing if I can. I was experimenting some with the apf(?) sensor setup and will need to see if I can get it back to get her. I wonder if pulling partialy used ink cartridges will not reset whatever needs resetting because some update was loaded when first initilized. I wonder how much a new set of inks would cost?

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,802 · (Edited)
I will try to get mine put back together enough to see if the origional inks will reset the thing if I can. I was experimenting some with the apf(?) sensor setup and will need to see if I can get it back to get her. I wonder if pulling partialy used ink cartridges will not reset whatever needs resetting because some update was loaded when first initilized. I wonder how much a new set of inks would cost?
new set of inks for the 1400 all colors runs in the 120 dollar range...

hardly worth doing when a whole new refurb 1400 on epsons clearance center is 161 dollars that comes with starter ink... using epson discount code EPSOWL:) Im going to try firing mine with the new printers starter carts..

maybe the correct proceedure would have been to dump the eeprom data in the epson adjustment program prior to disconnecting the cisc/head and then reinstalling after new parts are in? the epson adjustment program has that feature!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
I tried it with the new ink cartridge the printer was used brand new for dye sub it had a bulk ink system from day one never had original cartridge. The print head plug from lack of yous was reading the ink full used the Russia ink program nothing turn off the unit when turn back on no ink found. If I replace the new motherboard like the manual request I need that adjustment program to program the board.
Some how there has to be a way to reprogram the eprom chip with the new data

·
Registered
324 Posts
new set of inks for the 1400 all colors runs in the 120 dollar range...

hardly worth doing when a whole new refurb 1400 on epsons clearance center is 161 dollars that comes with starter ink... using epson discount code EPSOWL:) Im going to try firing mine with the new printers starter carts..

maybe the correct proceedure would have been to dump the eeprom data in the epson adjustment program prior to disconnecting the cisc/head and then reinstalling after new parts are in? the epson adjustment program has that feature!!

i personnaly changed the print head anddisconnect cisc 5 times or more and never had to change something on adjustement program just enter the id of head.

i had problem with cisc when i washed the print head some cleaner was on the contact or when the ribon wire was unpluged badly.

if i've good remnber a new cisc isn't expensive

·
Registered
1,235 Posts

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,807 · (Edited)
heres a video describing what happens with the 1400 after changing the print head with the ink light on issue!!! and yes i have replaced the ink chip aswell.. i have several ink chips i ordered for backup, the inkjet carts chip is the best chip i have encountered it resets all channels to full with one reset... i understand that it doesnt have the same algorithm as epson chips this may be the issue on startup after the head or cisc has been disconnected??? i will try the epson carts that are coming with the new printers i ordered to see if this is indeed the problem???:rolleyes::D

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4R1nhgGY0bg&feature=player_detailpage[/media]

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hii German13,
I think you might shorted the mainboard. I had the same problem before and I have to swap out the mainboard and cisc board on the printer to get it back printing again.
I. Had the old boards service but no feedback yet after 3weeks. So can't be certain what went wrong.

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,809 ·
Hii German13,
I think you might shorted the mainboard. I had the same problem before and I have to swap out the mainboard and cisc board on the printer to get it back printing again.
I. Had the old boards service but no feedback yet after 3weeks. So can't be certain what went wrong.
Boards are new;)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Boards are new;)
Just want to make sure you also changed the Epson cisc board(the one reading ink cartridges) that sits on the carriage which you have to removed first before you change the printhead. After I swapped out both mainboard and cisc board. The ciss cartidge work just fine and the printer can start.
I didn't need the original ink cartridges.
Well, I am just sharing what happened to me.

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,811 ·
Just want to make sure you also changed the Epson cisc board(the one reading ink cartridges) that sits on the carriage which you have to removed first before you change the printhead. After I swapped out both mainboard and cisc board. The ciss cartidge work just fine and the printer can start.
I didn't need the original ink cartridges.
Well, I am just sharing what happened to me.
yes they have all been replaced, i show this in the video...

i think it may be the brand of chip... we will see:)

·
Registered
293 Posts
I just looked at the brochure for the new Epson R2000 which is replacing the R1900. I was told the R1900 was discontinued because of parts shortages. The R2000 has one feature that could be a big benefit for DTG printing. The new design automatically mixes the pigments in the ink for more consistent color. I think this could translate into less clogged print heads if it keeps the pigments in the ink form settling.
Here is what the brochure states.

This 8-color pigment ink system utilizes a new technology, Ink Density Optimization, that automatically
mixes the pigments in the ink for more consistent color. These advanced technologies combine to produce
outstanding image quality that stays true even in high-speed and lower resolution print modes.

Philip

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Here is an interesting program that will allow you to throttle the amount of ink used by Epson printers. I wonder if it will allow you to control how much ink the printer will use during the cleaning cycle.... Just thinking out loud.

Download InkSaver 2.0 Free Trial - InkSaver allows you to control the amount of ink used by your inkjet printer. - Softpedia

Bob ?;O)
Here's another ink saving program (Works for all Windows platforms)... AND IT'S FREEEEEEEEEEE

PretonSaver Home Free Ink and Toner Saver Software

Bob ?;O)

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,816 ·
Got the 1400 back up and running...

signdog confirmed that the 1400 will start up with the inkchip only right out of the box and i checked this aswell today and got the same results it will fire up with the ink chip only...

My issue was the motherboard.. i had two bad boards the one in the printer and the spare i had aswell, once i put a new one in it fired right up with no ink lights!! i think my short came from trying to clean ink from the connections prior to unplugging

just a reminder if at all possible try and clean the printhead if needed- removed from the printer to avoid liquid shorting your board at the printhead connections.. and seal this when building the diydtg as good as possible at the head.. i have learned the hardway twice..lol:)

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,817 · (Edited)
I have not done to many photo prints... no time like the present... photo taken at our vacation home in tennessee!! "meeting of the minds":)

the 1400 is an incredible and cheap printer for a dtg!!!!:D

plan on starting the screen print underbase modifications in the evenings.... the time has come;)

·
Registered
324 Posts
Got the 1400 back up and running...

signdog confirmed that the 1400 will start up with the inkchip only right out of the box and i checked this aswell today and got the same results it will fire up with the ink chip only...

My issue was the motherboard.. i had two bad boards the one in the printer and the spare i had aswell, once i put a new one in it fired right up with no ink lights!! i think my short came from trying to clean ink from the connections prior to unplugging

just a reminder if at all possible try and clean the printhead if needed- removed from the printer to avoid liquid shorting your board at the printhead connections.. and seal this when building the diydtg as good as possible at the head.. i have learned the hardway twice..lol:)
i did it two times, for one i damaged the cisc, the second it was the printhead .

now i keep it one printer but i dry it with dry hair and paper

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
...just a reminder if at all possible try and clean the printhead if needed- removed from the printer to avoid liquid shorting your board at the printhead connections.. and seal this when building the diydtg as good as possible at the head.. i have learned the hardway twice..lol:)
Jeff,

Could you explain this a little more in depth? I kind of follow you but I don't understand what you mean by "seal this when building the diydtg as good as possible at the head."

Thanks,

Bob ?;O)

·
Registered
934 Posts
Bob,

I think he might mean putting silcone sealant around the area where the cables plug into the printhead. this will prevent ink or liquid running down the cable right into the head. Belquette does this on Mod 1 printheads with a redish orange rubber gasket type stuff.

2801 - 2820 of 4866 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.