T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
@german13: Hi Jeff, I've been working on a method to print without the need of a commercial Rip. I have fully tested it with a Fast T-jet 2 and I get perfect registration for 2 passes of color and perfect registration for white underbase and color layers. Best of all it's FREE! I would like to disscuss it with you and see if you can test it on your V3. This is still a work in progress but I'm confident that it could eliminate the need of a commercial RIP for the v3.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Jeff,

1.-Great color match IMO even better than most commercial Rips I've tried.
2.-Definitely for CMYK.
3.-I think it may need work on this. On the 2200 I do get similar results to what i get on EK. on the 1900 still unknown.
4.-IMHO not really necesary. I always use the a separate utility for head cleans and nozzle checks. As for the print purge, I have used this feature on printerjockey several times and I'm afraid I've never gotten good results.

I believe this method won't work on V2 because of the compensation needed for the size of the pulley. Since V3 is friction driven as the T-jet2, this is not an issue.

Anyway, I'll contact Randy and hopefully he'll get good results.

·
Registered
348 Posts
@DTFuqua : This is still a work in progress, there are so many configurations left to test. But most importantly it still needs testing on the r1900. Randy is going to test it first. Let's wait and see what he thinks of it.

·
Registered
348 Posts
francc: How about you write your messages in spanish and I translate them for you? Unfortunately we are not understanding your messages in english. Regards.

francc : Que te parece si escribes tus mensajes en español y yo los traduzco por tí? Desgraciadamente no se entienden tus mensajes en inglés. Saludos.

·
Registered
348 Posts
There's been some language misunderstandings lately, so I though it would be a good idea to set the record straight with francc. Just for this once I'm going to translate francc's previous post:

Ha habido algunos mal ententidos de lenguaje ultimamente, asi que pensé que sería buena idea aclarar las cosas con francc. Solo por esta ocaccion voy a traducir el post anterior the francc:

"Hello estrada, greetings and thank you for the offer, I don't think it will please the administrators of this forum that we speak in spanish, however just this once I agree to it so that everyone can understand the sense of what I'm trying to express.

This thread started as a hobby or passion for building something yourself with the help of others. Little by little in my humble opinion is becoming in something else, more related to a bussiness.

It's never been my intention to undermind the work thas has been done with the t-dozer, when I say that publication of the footprints for the v3 is not necesary, I do it with the intention of realeasing the preassure of it's creator to publish something. Something he has worked on, and put efford on it. I do not mean to say v3 is not worth it, I simple meant to say that the v2 is the base for the construction of a diy dtg, from which each one can start thinking how to make something more professional.

It's never been my intention to attack anyone, nor have I ever felt attacked. For example, in the fricction shaft subject with schenck, it looked very clear from the begining that those wheels would not provide accurate movements for the printer.. and I believe that german had the answer to that error, but it took him a while to answer it.. precisely because he didn't want to reveal that the v3 did not used a band, but rather the original printer shaft, just like makemygraphix..

later there is the subject of signdog..he was publishing some very nice pictures of his constructtion..but he is repremended to keep him to "cause confusion"? I think those were good pictures and his way of work was great and an inspiration for future builders..we have to encourage this kind of people to publish! not do the opposite!!

On the rip subject.. I get the impression that there are people here with economic interest and they do not have any intention in promoting diferent applications that would make this printer configuration cheaper, it is possible I might be wrong, it's just my impression, I don't want to accuse anyone.

Been able to say it wasn't my intention to mess with this forum or thread is fantastic, I just ask for honesty and if someone intends to make business out of this, he should restrain from it and do it somewhere else!

that's it, just colaboration among everyone and a cool attitude.

Thanks"

·
Registered
348 Posts
Jeff, I totally agree with your position. Honestly I've never found someone so commited to providing support for FREE to others that need it. I guess this could surprise many and that's why they feel that there must be a hidden agenda. Kind of "too good to be true".

Anyway I can honestly say that you have changed the world of DTG for ever. It might not be so clear now, but think about it, why would anyone pay tens of thousands of dollars for a brother or kornit, when they can build a machine that would do the EXACT same thing for a fraction of the cost?

The release of the V2 has set a "before and after" in the world of DTG, no doubt in my mind.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Jeff, on another subject I've sent Randy the details for the method I use to print with free Rips. I've gotten very good results so far. Here are a couple or pictures of it.

On the CMYK image I printed the image on the right with EK, heavy drop size and ink level 1. Image on the LEFT, with the free Rip. Both in 1 pass at 720.

The other image is just the free rip using underbase at 1440 and colors 720. Not my best print so far, but it shows the potential of it. What do you think of the images?

·
Registered
348 Posts
Jeff, now that you mention the friction drive. I was wondering if you've considered using a transport system similar to the DTG Kiosk/T-jet 2 where there is a plastic sheet attached to both ends of the platen. The sheet passes though the original rollers of the printers, achieving perfect registration. Without the need of rip adjustments as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
348 Posts
@german13: Totally agree with you. About aligning the image, this is easily fixed if you always use the same point of origin for both prints and then simply make the changes in the design software. Using a commercial Rip is about 50% faster in the underbase print. It certainly needs work in the underbase department. The one thing that make them convenient is the fact that they are Free.

·
Registered
348 Posts
@quickflicks moving the print engine is a lot more dificult than moving the platen because of the weight of the engine plus bulk system. In fact I only remember 2 commercial printers that use this aproach, the DTG HM1 and another one whose name I don't remember now (i think it was an MS printer). Also take into account that original epson printers are meant to move paper, so using a platen to fool the sensors its much easier than moving the printer engine. The only benefit I see from moving the printer engine is a smaller footprint, but in my opinion it's just not worth the trouble.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Hey guys I am about to order some new ink, so I am trying to decide between t-print and resolute. I have heard good things about both. Which one would you recomend? So far I've been using dupont and I am quite pleased with it, except with the price and the separation rate. By the way as german13 mentioned a few posts back, not all "dupont" inks are created equal. I have used what I've been told is dupont ink from 2 different suppliers, however there seem to be some real differences in the separation rate, washability and elasticity between both. I don't know if you have experienced this as well. So anyway any advice will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Randy, Jeff thanks for the info. I was running the numbers if I purchased a gallon of white T-print. Using their 17% disccount, I get a price of $190 per liter of white ink. Plus a free liter of pretreatment. If I were to buy Resolute I would pay $225 per liter of white plus $25 per liter of pretreatment. So $190 vs $250. Is the difference in quality worth the extra $60 bucks? Thanks again.

·
Registered
348 Posts
This sinoinks textile ink perhaps is new... In their local area, I just know they produce sublimation ink and not provide the textile... It is a big question for his textile...Maybe someone could test...:rolleyes:
@sunoracle Have you used or know anyone that uses any type of Sinoink ink? Does this company have a good reputation, are their products of good quality? Thanks

1 - 20 of 83 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.