T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
The best dampers are the ones that 4880 use. There plenty of chinese made on ebay cost about 2 -3 $ per piece. I use them for 3 months now without a problem.

But to fit them you will probably have to reposision the cartridge reseting board outside of the carraige.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
There is an info in the R2880 servie manual on how to remove it from the carriage (or 1800/1900 manual cause the principle is the same).

Then you will have to mount it somwhere in printer:)

putting it in a spare cartrige is what I did but you can place it anywhere as long as you build something to keep the reseting chips taightly in place.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
This Jeff bashing is really getting childish and boring. Whining children who want's their daddy to give them candy but not wanting to make any effort to earn them.

People just read this forum, are the info is here and most of the info is from Jeff so you schould have thank him a milion times. Just form the info gathered here I've got 3 work proporsals form DTG companies last time I visited a trade show in my country. And I would have take them If I was not running my own business.

So I personaly totaly understand Jeff decision to join Peter at All American.

But haters will hate.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
1500 is basicaly 1400 (even chips are the same). You can make a good printer for white t-shirt with it, not so good for using white ink in my opinion. If the two used have uncloged heads than you can go for it, but anyway head for 1500 is a lot cheapper than dx5.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
German and spider withdrew the cluebook from the site. You may ask them directly if they could supply you with one.

I have two 1500 for sublimation and one 1400, have disassembled both of them to attach waste ink bottle and seen no obvious difference between 1400 except different control panel and wi-fi module.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
If someone wanted to convert a Epson printer to print with white but has no need for a Flatbed what is the procedure? Just a rip program and a bulk ink system? I have been printing transfers for dark shirts using a plotter/ cutter to weed and spraying white textile ink onto the printed transfers as a backer layer with pretty good results. I now would like to step it up a notch with a CMYKW inkjet printer. With the new ink formulas the DTG manufactures are using the head clogging issues seems to have fallen by the wayside so I'm encouraged to try printing with white. Anybody doing DYI DTG got any advise?
I'm confused on what are you trying to achieve.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
I might test this. I also have RIP that prints both white and color in one pass.

How is the washability?

I now that Forever was making a paper for UV inks with similar process but it never worked correctly.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.