T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Let's not forget to mention OpenDTG.

I was foolish enough to buy a T-Dozer kit (looks like they are out of business; website is down, FaceBook Group Closed) and for lack of support just gave up on trying to convert my Epson P600 to DTG using the T-Dozer kit.

Fortunately, I was able to resurrect the project by buying an AIO Board from OpenDTG and upgrading the substandard T-Dozer parts (Stepper Motor, Rail/Pulley System) from OpenBuilds.

Although the Trinamic products look interesting I don't see a solution for a DTG printer from nuts to bolts. If so please provide a link with the total cost.

Last comment, no matter who you buy from a DIY DTG really requires the support of a community that is going through or has gone through the DTG build process. OpenDTG.com offers that type of support as well as a number of options (less expensive to more so) to convert your printer to DTG.

I highly recommend you take a look at what OpenDTG offers.

·
Registered
44 Posts
It is very difficult to make a high quality product professionally engineered on the cheap and provide 24 hour service- that will never exist with cheap quality ardunio style competition! plain and simple!
As for making a high-quality product professional engineered DTG product OpenDTG has done that using the Arduino which has been used by millions of DIYers for a wide range of products.

If you talking about T-Dozer then I fully agree.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I bought a T-Dozer kit, Jeff . . . And I and a number of others who I've traded emails with are not exactly happy with the way you and Tyler conducted yourselves with regards to T-Dozer's "Business Plan."

I find it completely disingenuous that you failed to include OpenDTG in your links. It is by far the best site on the web for those looking to go the DIY DTG route.

As far as "As long as your happy", I'm happy that T-Dozer isn't screwing any more people . . . that's what make me happy!!!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
I know for fact what sold to commercial 3rd parties and the diy crowd, (when i was there) ! the commercial was 100 fold compared to the diy! but like i said i left over a year ago! so i have no idea who this is being sold to commercially these days! :) you are starting to sound bias ....to certain places, i have posted many options no bias here... :)
-----------------

If you're not bias then why didn't you mention OpenDTG?

If you haven't heard of OpenDTG then your truly out of the loop.

FYI, looks like Spectra DTG is also out of business.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I know the history all too well.

I'm not biased against any DIY DTG solutions. TRINAMIC, OpenDTG, Arduino, and other DIY DTG solutions

So answer the question: Are you bias against OpenDTG.com?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.