T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hello Chucky,
I woke up just to answer your question:). This might help, try to adjust/swing your PF encoder sensor either to the right or left and be sure that the PF scale will not touch it when it turns. Try several adjustment until you will get no error. Also check and double check your cables.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi Jeff,

Thank you very much for all things you've done.

1. Is this 1100 version of EK can control the printhead speed?

2. What if I want all channels as white, is it possible?

3. How many printers(1100) will it support? If I have more than 1 printer networked, is it possible?

I read about this EK that it can control ink droplets but those 3 questions, I am not sure. I hope we will have a separate thread for this EK rip alone:)

More power and God bless!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hello Chucky,

Try to check your platen has a good contact with your drive rod, less friction is not good and also your belt, not too loose and not to tight. Have you tried to print in text mode only? Do not trip the PE sensor before clicking "print", it is should be in close before you click print.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hey Guys,

Just wanted to post that i just got an email from Chris @ eukondigital.com A.K.A EKRIP...

he has informed me that he has a new version of Ek rip for the WF1100 that will be available soon.. It will be a CMYK-W configuration.. This will be ready for trial very soon... It seems that many users prefer the cmyk over the xtra white channel... this should make the rips use like all the others with very few adjustments if any and you will get the blacks you are used to without hassel!!!!:):D;)

Additionally i will be "looking into" converting the epson into a direct to screen printer.. attempting to do modifications that will allow printing directly to a coated screen.. this may be useful for anyone who allso does a little screen printing!! it will save a ton on film!!!

This is good news:). More options will make it worth the price. I hope another option will be added, the default KKMCY. I tried the demo but there is only the 3 color composite and of course the Whites for underbase. I tried gutenprint to print the the 4 color CMYK with maximum ink densities but was not enough. In my obsevation EKRip really lays more ink than gutenprint, 3inks to 5inks respectively.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I just finished my carriage assembly, I used rollers instead of drawer slides it works great.There's very little resistance, you can give it a nudge and it will roll from end to end and there's almost no play at all from side to side. I have the design on sketchup if you want to see it.

Hi bob, I'm interested to see your plan:). Drawer slides work great but I am thinking of something to replace it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have only demo version(WW+CMY). the Ink density is really good and at 150% i'm already satisfied.

I don't know if the full/registered version has an option for both WW+CMY and W+CMYK.

Another feature that I hope for from the EKRip is the "print counter/logger" that is password protected.:)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Two or three things with EK not printing. First your file must be RGB file. If CMYK the you can get a no print. It just sits there.
Second you must install the separate EK print driver. It in a separate folder and EKdoes not install with the program.
Third you may need uninstall the Epson driver. And or be sure the Epson print monitor is not running in the sys tray.
I had printed a CMYK tif file with EKPrint and it was just fine. I am running Windows XP SP3. It might be an OS issue, just a guess.:)

·
Registered
34 Posts
As i understand, If your already an existing customer that has purchased a rip -EK offers a significant discount if you purchase an additional rip/ upgraded rip, you may want to confirm prior to purchasing..

Addtionally truth be told the msrp of the 1100 rip is nearly half the price of any other competitor and includes many more features than there competitors..:) If you shop some of the competitors you will discover either they dont support certain lower end model printers/ have a higher price/ lack features included standard in ek/ etc....

I highly reccomend printing an actual garment from all the different options you have avail ek rip/ other rips/ guten print/ epson drivers.. put them side by side and compare.. what everyone needs to realize is the rip is the man tool of your trade printing shirts "this is not an area to sacrifice if you plan on selling/ printing professionally.. Keep in mind you will be competing against the likes of commercial printers with professional rip software "you are going to need to bring the best qauility goods to market as you can" and theres a big difference in qauility even between pro rips.... food for thought:) P.S KOTHARI makes a very good rip aswell but i dont think they support the 1100,1400 and the likes of the lower end printers...
Maybe EKPrint can put all these options together in one version and by the way it is all for T1100 only and not applicabe to any other printer model, just my opinion.:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.