T-Shirt Forums banner

Mission accomplished "license to thrill"

[DIY DTG] 
1M views 5K replies 321 participants last post by  Laser212 
He a juck & won' t sell you anything, plus don't take PayPal
I'm curious where this info is coming from?

I've been researching the UFO setup for a while now, plenty of forum users who have multiple UFO's running... lotsa threads about it if you search "UFO Printer":

http://www.t-shirtforums.com/diy-dtg/t458370.html

I was actually wondering why T-Dozer chose to use wood instead of opting for the openbuild model that UFO and Spectra use... admittedly, a bit more expensive... it just seems like the Lego-style of openbuilds are a little nicer, lighter, more accessible than carpentry (no mess, no real tools needed, no painting, etc):

V-Slot™ Linear Actuator Bundle (Belt Driven) - OpenBuilds Part Store

Anyway, that's just aesthetic... the only thing stopping me from buying a UFO was this recent thread update... the current T-Dozer is looking ideal... an American made version of the UFO without the Spectra pricetag (I need two machines running at the same time, still can't anywhere near afford $25,000 in DTG's though)... so DIY is the ticket.

I'm curious what ballpark pricetag the T-Dozer is gonna have though?

-
@german13: Thank you so much for the P600 videos, those were extremely helpful in understanding all the reasoning behind the chopping process... that was huge and exceptionally well done!

Ouch.... $$$ thought it was going to be less than half that price, is there going to be a board only option.
As a company that needs a White Ink DTG that's built on a trustworthy foundation, I have no problem paying those prices.

The conversion videos alone show how much care was taken to develop this kit... the people involved are proven dudes with legit skills and lots of selfless community support... even Jeff's response to your complaint was tactful and honest, that's valuable to someone who's going to rely on their Dozer for day-to-day business.

You can go get a board from UFO Printers for waaay less than half the price of the Dozer... and there's your solution if you don't wanna pay for USA... it's that simple, you got options.

Hey guys, got a few questions... I have an old GT-541, so some of this Epson stuff is new to me.

1) How about the spit tray? It's mentioned in the video, but never shown... what are you guys using so you absolutely don't create any head strikes (or spills)?

2) Ink cartridges... I was gonna buy the ImageArmour bags, but I'm still not 100% sure how the tubes connect (to the bags)... can someone point me to the CIS that works best for the P600? (Chip resetting? Tubing included / or what size works with the bags/carts? A good price? etc).

3) Waste ink tubing... the video shows how to setup the waste ink line, but it doesn't show where the waste ink bottle would go... I assume that line is a gravity system and can't go "upwards", so that means the waste ink bottle needs to be "below" the printer, on the floor? Any suggestions what size bottle/tray is needed? I'm just not sure how fast it fills up, the Brother has a beast of a waste tray the size of a baby diaper.

4) Initializing ink into the system for the first time... I see the OEM spit tray had some ink in it, so they obviously tested the printer before it left the Epson factory... that means there's "photo paper" ink in the print head... what's the method to first initialize with DTG inks? Flush with Cleaning solution first? What's the cheapest method to deal with flushing, just buy a second set of refillable carts and fill them with cleaning solution by hand? What's the go-to cleaning solution that people like best?

Anyway, I'm stoked... just trying to figure out the last of the details.

P.S. Platen just showed up today, thanks guys!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.