T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have a question ... I bought the ink "Maxbrite" from American Screen Supply. When it was finished I mixed with another brand I had.
I made all the CMYK colors. I noticed after this that the magenta is clogging. It may be because of this mix?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Re: R1900BUILD-Mission accomplished "license to thrill"

I'm using 100% epson firmware with only some wiring modifications (rerouting) at the board as explained previously. everything required to do this build was purchased at lowes home improvement store with the exception of the plastic base (which can be substituted) and the printer itself of course..

Sorry for Being a lay, but I did not find information on how the wiring Modifications (rerouting), to solve the problem with the PE sensor.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Re: R1900BUILD-Mission accomplished "license to thrill"

there is the cluebook at the diydtgwiki.com site... you should find the info your looking for there, it uses all original parts with exception to the pe sensor which can be substituted with many different options... best of luck
German Thanks for the reply.

In fact did not change the wires ... Only the PE sensor was changed from place ...

But I still have problem.
I'm starting training Diy DTG with one Epson 1280, the sensors are the same.

The ASF sensor I had cut and make short. The PE sensor I triggers manually. I can initialize the printer, but when I send a job to print, sometimes I have sucess, and sometimes give me a fatal error.

When I'm successful in the first printing, in the second printing, give me a fatal error.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Josh..

thanks for the info, if it does indeed use the 4900 head it poses a problem.. the 4900 head uses a lower viscosity ink and several manufactures ran into this problem when trying to use the 4900 as a replacement for the 4800... as far as i know theres no ink for it yet from the likes of dupont.. i think its around 2.5 to 3 cps so you can just imagine the issues with white ink for textiles, i will keep a look out however 7000 is a bit more than i would like to spend for testing!!:)
jeff, how about 3880? Both of these printers have smallest droplet size 3.5 picoliters...

·
Registered
67 Posts
Thought this was a very cool vid.. looks like this print shop owns a few different epson based dtg machines one is a 48xx pro series (viper) and the other is a desktop model 2400 (hm1).. this video really showcases the speed difference both printing the same design at starting at the same time (dtg race):)
looks like 40 seconds difference or the desktop is twice the speed = twice the production?
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvnheTVE7OM&feature=player_detailpage[/media]
Strange ... The Pro 48xx should not be faster? I believe that was delayed is the start time. While HM1 was already in position to print, the Viper was still loading.

The printed image was small, with few details, I think this also helped HM1 win. Another test should be done with a larger image with more details and start two machines printing together.

Perhaps in this way can even change the outcome.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Sorry about your father Jeff. My condolences on this moment. I really wish a lot of strength and peace at this time for you and your family. Only those who go through it can know what is. I'm in a time of deep sadness too, because a childhood friend I had not seen for a long time committed suicide last week. Only time to overcome the loss of a loved one. God bless you.

·
Registered
67 Posts
You simply return the printer to the start position, as you would the platen, this is done with power rather than manually.. all very simple..:) more to come when i get more time...;)

this I know ... What I mean is what the system to put the printer on the exact position of the beginning.

Another thing Jeff, you will transform this project into a commercial DTG? Or open the plans and projects for community Diy DTG?

Thanks

·
Registered
67 Posts
Thanks for the reply Jeff. Do not worry about time ... we are all busy, busy, busy! This is life!
I own a T-Jet2 and I'm also building my DTG to increase production and not depend only on one machine. I'm building my differently as well, using commercial components (I have experience and training for this).
As you said, I believe that the market is saturated and why prices are falling. Are you one of the forerunners of this "movement" diydtg and has contributed greatly to this decline in prices. But another thing I have noticed is that many people have "discovered" how to make a homemade DTG printer and are looking to make money by selling "amateur machines" and putting up the prices that are really worth.
It is clear that the competition causes prices to fall ... And I believe the same will happen with the inks. While only Dupont making white ink, the price will be this. When more companies producing, we will be much benefited.
as you said, it will be a very interesting year!
Thanks for sharing your projects and hope to see this new one.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Happy birthday T-Dozer! Congratulations Jeff.
just a curiosity ... The first version worked with conveyor. Why you changed to the plate*system? The operation with conveyor is no longer advantageous? For it is possible to have a continuous production as the DTG Viper.
My building is based on conveyor, because I think that with two or more beds can have a nonstop machine.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Exactly ... different views on different projects.
I'm building mine with conveyor drive based on the 3880. I am setting up a project, fully automated, with automatic height adjustment. Thinking of a large and continuous production.
I will build a second project based on the R2000, this simple, with friction drive.
When the machines are ready I will post pictures for you to see the finished project.
I'm also looking forward to seeing your new design of the printer "walking".

·
Registered
67 Posts
All the automation is very cool but its hard to beat a manual return platen in both reliability and production with error free results.. we used the plc on a few of our printers and i abondoned this due to the ease of use of the manual load.. but hey some folks like to press buttons:)
So Jeff, I think this have different views.

I personally like the automation. I think is better program the machine to make 2 or more pass, then at the same time I can do other jobs. I don't have to wait the first pass, then reload for the second pass. In this time, i can prepare other t-shirt, or put in the press the last printed, or put the pretreatment in the next one. whatever

The automation helps increase the production, and makes the machine depends less of us.

This is just my opinion!

I like your machines. Simple and compact. But with a little automation makes better!:)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Here is the simplest base to build as pictured... look close, the two side pieces that the printer sit on are no more than your home store 2x4 front cut on a 45 degree angle:) the middle portion is two pieces of mdf glued together:) all is covered with counter top laminate (homedepot black).. picture included of drive placement which requires one hole drilled for stock motor in 2x4 and two for bearings for friction drive, i have a small cover for the drive/motor/encoder sensor (removed for your viewing):)

standard drawer slides!! i purchased my platen but you can build your own if you choose!!

you can build this unit based on any epson a3 desktop, materials 75.00 dollars not including printer or rip, ink etc.. build time two (2 hours) with knowledge of previous diy builds.. can also be used on wide format models with widened base..;)

very simple, i cant see purchasing any diy style printer at over priced cost when you can build your own for pennies!!! when i find some time i may detail the build but honestly it is very very simple using this design and most will understand it just by the pics and the brief explanation.. best of luck.. I generally detail the last design when i have a new one..lol Im always trying to get better and better with simplistic design..

Very, very good Jeff.

Did you cut the friction axis in the other side? or him just go out of the box?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.