T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
That's good advice, however I design my own pieces, and see that there is great potential in DTG . I do have connections with screen printing shops however I am not impressed with the amount of time they take to prepare screens, and then also charge a lot.

However with my upcoming brand it would be nice to have a DIYDTG around to print samples. With this in mind - Just a simple CISS and a wide format printer would be a good start for me. I am however deciding whether to get a Epson r1900 or 1400, because clearly the 1400 is lower in price, so the risk is less.

Just wondering about your thoughts on this matter.

I mean it would be fun testing out and trying this myself, however I wouldn't call myself very tech savvy with Printer parts. I've also noticed a lot of models on youtube that don't have wooden bases? which is pretty awesome cause they don't even strip the plastic off the printers.

I wonder how they did it ~.~

·
Registered
85 Posts
Also can you explain the mechanism behind drive, friction , or timing belts - I've seen many designs that use either . But which one is simple yet efficient and not too cost heavy. :3 I would like to get started on this right away. I'm also disappointed that Frank has been MIA . I was following his videos pretty closely but he never posted videos of it in action. XD. I figure the wooden base is fine if I spray paint it :D

·
Registered
85 Posts
Compared to the 1900 is the 1400 similar in construction? I would like to know if the parts are similar so I can get an idea of what parts are needed. Also would the same kind of drawer in your tdozer v2 work for a 1400 build

·
Registered
85 Posts
Okay, so I have finished dismantleing and modifying the frame of my Epson 1400

I'm stuck on how to mount the motor to the drive rod, where to mount the PE sensor (Friction drive), and how to assemble the ASF

The photos will show what I have done, and what I haven't

Another question is , i think I may have banged the bottom of the print head moderately against the wood , will that cause any damage?

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.