T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Hello guys!

I'm new here, read many threads and now want ask for your professional advice.
I`m now choosing which printer to buy for converting into a DTG: 1100 or 1400?
There is a main nuance - I do not need printing white ink on black. And i need only 4 colors.
Besides differences in the number of cartridges (4 and 6) have between them some sort of a difference in the converting?
Maybe with some model more problems or more errors?

Very interested in your opinion, especially german13.

· Registered
13 Posts
Both model epson printers are the same in the conversion aspects.. one advantage to the 1100 over the 1400 is it has a cover open sensor which is a benefit of stalling betwwen prints without error when sending multiply jobs.. the 1400 can be stalled aswell with multiple jobs but you have to use the cdr sensor.. you however dont have to have the stall feature and can simply hit print for individual jobs.. 1100 has 4 colors compared to the 1400s 6 colors which means the two additional channels of the 1400 will need to be filled with something whether it be white ink or cleaning solution... If you have no issue with only printing white and have no issue with print speed i would go with the 1100 its a cheaper printer and ink setup will be easier...

the 1400 is also a bit faster in print time speed..:)
Thank you for your detailed response.
- What is the cdr sensor? where can I take it? He bought separately or it is in the construction of 1100?
-If in the 1400`s cartridges Light Cyan and Light Magenta add just Cyan and Magenta inks?
This is something affected on? Maybe there will be more consumption of this ink? What is the best way?
-The second question: are there any digits on how much 1400 faster than 1100? in half, two or two and a half times?

· Registered
13 Posts
i saw on epson.com next specifications:

Epson 1100
ISO Print Speed:

• Black: 13 ppm2
  • Color: 5.5 ppm2
Epson 1400
Print Speed:

• Black: 15ppm1
  • Color: 15ppm1
This means that 1400 faster 1100 in about 3 times? (when printing color pictures)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.