T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
I have wondered this as well.
This is still a while in our future as we are having trouble getting the drive rod and platen working correctly. UGH!!:mad:
well i dont know anything about it, but, i was just looking at ekprints website and they now support the 1100 so maybe its possible. i guess if i had to i could spend the extra money to get the 1900 if there was more detailed instructions on how to do the build. i am gonna try it regardless so if anyone has any instructions or support PLEASE let me know!!

·
Registered
610 Posts
I highly reccomend a rip for the epsons if your going to print on any kind of professional level.. test the trial versions of ekrip/ any rip and you will notice big differences right away from drive control to color profiling etc etc:) the 1100 can be used for white printing if you use two printers that would give you cmyk printer and a wwww printer and white ink printing is supported in ek rip for the 1100... the 1400 will print white with two channels but is painfully slow.. the 1800/1900 print white very well with decent speed but the dx5 head tends to clog easily with white ink if your not a daily printer of white ink... there are several reasons for this one being the white ink has slightly higher viscosity than the printer is rated for and as the ink evaporates in open air delivery systems the viscosity only goes up.. additionally white ink (titanium dioxide) tends to fall out of suspension fairly easy.. moral of the story if you print white ink with an epson do so daily and have enough volume to do it quickly!!

Its really only a hobby toy without a rip/ a quaility rip that is.. IMHO
i have looked for the rip software but i cant even find a trial version. do you have a link??

·
Registered
610 Posts
Ok so I am trying to finish reading the entire thread but am not even half way yet. My question is this, as I read I see a lot of complaints about the 1900 having clogged heads. Is it bad enough that the 1900 wouldn't be worth investing it to attempt this build? My wife already wants to kill me for wanting to spend money on this so I want to try to it right the first time. Thanks guys

·
Registered
610 Posts
has anyone tried to do this build with a 9600 or something simular?? i was just looking around for printers and found several 9600 on craigslist ranging from 200!! i cant wait to start this build. just bought the rip and am looking for a printer now, guess there is no turning back now!

·
Registered
610 Posts
The 1400 print head will cost about 80% of a R2000 print head. The R2000 print head doesn't cost 5 times as much.
The R2000 print head is designed for pigment ink and the 1400 print head dye ink. Something to consider since DTG inks are pigment inks.
so the REAL question is, since i just bought the 3.5 version of the ekrip software that is made for the 1900, did i waist my money since it sounds like the 2000 is a better machine and 1900 discontinued?? please say i didnt since i havent bought a printer yet, just the software and a few other things anticipating the build!

·
Registered
610 Posts
I wouldn't buy any rip software until you are sure you can build the printer. You can do test prints with the epson ink set until you get the hardware right.

I haven't found any bulk inksets yet for the epson r2000.
yeah might have been a mistake but i already ordered it. i hope i can pull it off or i am just waisting more money working my way toward a divorce! no, i dont think she would leave me for it, wait, yes i do:)

·
Registered
610 Posts
They are similar but some electronics are different. There is a thread on 2200 here somewhere
yeah i seen that one. i know you have one of the ones based on the 2200, how do you like it. i am purchasing the same one. i was going to attempt the build myself but i cut off my thumb and pointing finger at work last week. i was sure it would be hard before but now i know i couldnt pull it off:( please let me know if there is any special care i need to take of this machine, i would really appreciate it!

·
Registered
610 Posts
i dont know how being willing to help people like myself that could never afford a high dollar machine or ever even be able to finance one could be considered selling out. he's been on this forum helping people this whole time while others are are selling his idea all while he refused to profit off of it. i think it about time he reaps some rewards for all of his hard work! good job and i cant wait to get one of the new creations!

·
Registered
610 Posts
So in anticipation for the upcoming dtg, i have a few questions. what all do i need to purchase for the dtg? will i need to get a pretreat? what is a pretreat? is there anything else that i should know about dtg that i can research while im waiting on German13 to release the beast?? all i have ever done is screen printing so anything i need to look into please let me know. thanks guys!!

1 - 20 of 113 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.