T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have C88 and Epson 1280 - I love the 1280, but its so frustrating when I have artwork, hot peel and cant reverse the art. I am forced to use the slow C88.

I guess I will start looking into another printer which is just as fast as the 1280 but does mirror images. Another plus for the 1280, I can find cheap ink $7 per cart.

Often, I use Word to put together the transfers. I have found Photo Shop loses the quality of artwork if I paste into PS. I like my images to remain with the same quality (photo).

I hope this makes sense,,,I am a bit sleepy.

· Registered
200 Posts
I have C88 and Epson 1280 - I love the 1280, but its so frustrating when I have artwork, hot peel and cant reverse the art. I am forced to use the slow C88.

I guess I will start looking into another printer which is just as fast as the 1280 but does mirror images. Another plus for the 1280, I can find cheap ink $7 per cart.

Often, I use Word to put together the transfers. I have found Photo Shop loses the quality of artwork if I paste into PS. I like my images to remain with the same quality (photo).

I hope this makes sense,,,I am a bit sleepy.
If your software doesn't support flipping objects, try the free pdf995 printer driver. It's a PDF generator, which means it takes your file (from Word, IE, etc) and "prints" or converts it to a PDF.

Once you download and install the software, follow these steps to print a mirror-image item:

Choose PDF995 from the Printer Name drop-down.
Click the Properties button, and then the Advanced button.
On the Advanced Options page, expand the Document Options section, then the PostScript Options section.
Change the final list item to say Mirrored Output: Yes
When you tell it OK to print, it'll ask you where you want to save your PDF document. Pay attention to where you save it.
Two ads will pop-up (unless you splurge for the $9.95 paid version of the software). Just click Continue using the sponsored version on the first ad, and close the second.
Open your PDF file to see the mirrored (and, oddly, upside-down) output.
Print this to your printer and use it to transfer.

· Registered
200 Posts
You can mirror image for printing with the 1280/1290 The setting is in the Epson print driver. Jim
I missed it when I went looking the other day...
Here is where you can find it within the 1280 epson driver...

Attachments

· Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow, I cant believe all of this time I had to use my C88 for printing mirror. Thank you for the fix "PrintingForProfit". I rmember reading another post here where the person said you cant print mirror - I assumed that person knew what he was talking about.

I am on a roll now!!!!

· Registered
4 Posts
Wow, I cant believe all of this time I had to use my C88 for printing mirror. Thank you for the fix "PrintingForProfit". I rmember reading another post here where the person said you cant print mirror - I assumed that person knew what he was talking about.

I am on a roll now!!!!
Hey there, I also have the 1280 that I use for transfers.I was gonna tell you how to mirror your image but I see you already got help.I am curious...where do you get 7 dollar ink cartriges? and are they dye based and as good as the OEM ones?:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.