T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I am about to take the plunge and buy a heat press (you may now all say I told you so - I am fed up with the iron giving great results one press and lousy results another). I am also about to invest in some "good" paper.

Now, the question...given the choice of MiraCool or IronAll, which do you think I should get? I'm looking for something with a really soft hand, that stretches well without cracking. I actually have some fantastic heat pressed shirts I bought my kids which you almost can not tell it was heat transfer, it's so soft (unfortunately the people who make them are now a competitor, so I can't really ask what they're using!). They're done on AA Organic infant t's and when you stretch the shirt it stretches almost as though the design were printed into the fabric (I am sure it is heat press though - they advertise as such, and if you look you can see the "frame" they left around the design, iykwim?).

So, anyway...long winded post, but what are your thoughts? Or would I be better off buying a totally different paper altogether?

Cheers,
Kath

·
Registered
97 Posts
I use transjett II paper - just got miracool to test but haven't yet - it doesn't come in larger sizes and most of my transfers are on 11 x 17 paper. TJII has a bit of hand but after a few washings it is virtually none. I've done shirts, some of which are close to 3 years old and still look good.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts