T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
I can't beleive what a hard time I am having with this paper. What a waste of money! I've tried printing 3 times and every time the paper jams and the coating gets all over my paper. I'm using the C88 epson printer and have tried different settings and stacking paper behind it etc. and still it jams. If anyone has a suggestion PLEASE help. But if this keeps happening I sure hope they will take back the rest of the paper I have and refund me.

Thanks! and sorry about the venting!

Liz

·
Registered
62 Posts
I've been havng the same problems, and literally just got my first transfer to print correctly after 5 jams. Not sure what I did different. I'd cleaned my printer, put stacks of regular paper behind the Miracool, and made sure the paper was as straight as possible. I even rolled it under on the leading edge becuase it always seems to get caught on one side going under the printer lip after going past the print head on it's way out of the printer.

I also set the paper type to Matte - Heavyweight under Print Settings and had it set to High Speed, also under Print Settings.

Hope that helps. Of course, I could be right back here complaining if I can't get another one to print. 1 out of 6 doesn't exactly inspire confidence. I'm just glad I can test my heat press.

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
The problem is at the end of printing. First I would bet.. let me know that you folks are trying to print within 1 inch of the end of the paper, right. Because the paper curls (I bend back the ends before placing in printer so that the end is curling down. The printer has it print heads printing on the end of the paper and it picks up the curl. If you do not print the last inch you will find that the problem will go away. Try it.It is a big problem that both of the sellers of Miracool and Iron all know about. it is just the nature of the paper that the manufacture uses. I print 90% of my shirts with this paper-either one and deal with the problem and yes I do lose some sheets but the look and feel of this transfer keeps me from giving up. feel free to contact me for additional assistance as I have been a big supporter of this paper. Lou

1 - 3 of 3 Posts