T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got my Epson c88 and the miracool paper, so I excitedly started to try and make a transfer. The excitement quickly ended. I can't get one to print.

Actually, the first time I put the paper in, it printed beautifully... until I realized it was on the wrong side of the paper. Turned it around. Jammed. Took out the paper. Put in a new sheet. Jammed. Took out the paper. Tried to clean the printer as much as possible. Vacuumed out the white flakes. Put in a third sheet. Jammed.

After cleaning out again, I now can't even get the printer to even take in a sheet for it to jam. It tries to pull it in twice, then gives me an error saying the paper is out or loaded improperly. If I try to give the paper a little head start when by inserting it a little farther in when the grippy thing is open, it just speeds it through without printing, and usually jams then too.

I even tried to just print something on regular paper. It would often not take the page, or just speed it through. And when it did print is was very light and splotchy, like the ink was low. Well, it's not cuz it's brand new, so I'm thinking my print head is now covered in those white flakes.

Any tricks to get it take the paper, to print without jamming, or on how to best clean my print head and the rollers? Thanks.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I think i know what you did wrong. I use Mira cool with a c-88 no problems.
Don't place the mira cool by it-self. Stack a bunch of regular paper in the printer holder and place the mira cool in front. The stack of paper will support the mira cool and not jam. To remove the white powder use a damp cloth of paper towel.The moist of the towel will let the powder attache to the towel.
I did it and it worked. Remember the towel has to be a little moist so water doen't go into your printer wires which could ruin the printer. Hope This is what you were looking for.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, finally got one to print, after 5 jams and a million times when it wouldn't take the paper.

Then I pressed it at 375 for 30 seconds per the instructions, and the paper was basically baked to the shirt. Peeled off but took most of the ink with it. I'm assuming I need to lessen the time and maybe the pressure, but wanted to check for sure since I've not heat pressed before. I've got a Hix HT400D and am using a teflon protective sheet. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
Baked to the shirt. Sounds strange. I have been using Iron all/ Miracool (Same paper) and I use cx7800 and have never had that problem.. The mira cool like iron all is a very sensitive paper and I feed it one sheet at time. This paper has a tenancy to curl. So before I place in printer I lightly bend the paper back to straighten it. On of the thing you need to watch for is the build up on the black rollers. I take a swab and apply alcohol (Jim beam.. Just kidding) to the swab and clean the rollers. The other thing that happens if you apply too much ink you could get tracking marks from the little pizza cutter rollers in the front of the printer. I removed mine so my transfer come out clean.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
"Baked to the shirt. Sounds strange. I have been using Iron all/ Miracool (Same paper) and I use cx7800 and have never had that problem."

Do you think I should try pressing for less time? Also, I pre-pressed the shirt to get any wrinkles out and I did it for 20 seconds. Do you think the combo of already very hot shirt and 30 seconds of pressing could've baked the transfer?

Also, do you hot peel or cold peel?

Thanks Lou.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
badalou said:
The other thing that happens if you apply too much ink you could get tracking marks from the little pizza cutter rollers in the front of the printer. I removed mine so my transfer come out clean.
Do you know if you can do this with the C88? Thanks again Lou.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, I pre-pressed for 3 seconds, pressed for 20, and let it cool. When I tried to cold peel it, once again the paper would barely come away from the shirt and didn't leave much ink and what it did leave was crunchy (as is the blank spots where I couldn't weed). Looking at the shirt, it doesn't look like the ink is settling into the shirt very much. It's almost pilling up. Kinda seems like dried glue, some colored, some not. Before I waste more paper, any ideas? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I press for about 20 seconds at 385. If you peel hot, it should come right off, no problem, no resistance. When you peel cold, there is resistance. I prefer peeling cold, becuse it seems to peel more of the papers coating off, leaving a softer feling print on the shirt. You have to realize that there is going to be a window on your shirt, no matter what paper you use. The miracool has the least visible window of any paper I have found. The paper jamming problems you are having are normal. This paper is a pain in the ***...no question about it. It jams, it smears, it flakes...But it feels almost like sublimation when its on the shirt.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've gotten past the jams, but how it's ending up for me on the shirt is no where close to professional printing. It's more like spotty, flaky dried glue, colored where's the ink and clear where there's just window. Not sure if I need longer/shorter, hotter/cooler pressing, more/less pressure or what, but it's coming out like crap right now. Ideas? Thanks.

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
I never cold peel. My transfer comes off immediatly, hot, hot, hot. Your paper may not be a cold transfer. the only cold peel transfer I would use is plastisol. The transfer come off like butter on a hot bagal

1 - 13 of 13 Posts