T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All those company's that make woven labels Have minium quantities of 250 and some 1200 and more labels.

Since i only have 20 shirts for my first line i dont want to buy more then 50 woven labels. I've been reading alot on the forums and company's site's And the conclusion is, that if you buy printed labels there are lower quantities avaible.

But does the quality of printed labels hold with washing etc ?

Does someone knows company's that make printed or woven labels under 100 pieces ?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
Re: minium quantities for labels.

With a quantity of twenty I'd be seriously thinking about printing the label directly into the neck using whatever method you are using to decorate the shirt itself; it should be both cheaper and easier. Even if you get the labels, you'll then run into minimums again with whoever is going to relabel them.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Thank you guys for youre reply's. Yes maby youre right solmu, can i remove the stock labels myself ? without leaving a trace ?

I've learned alot these few days that im creating my first tees.

But i have one question left.

Im searching for a packging for my t-shirts i want to print my logo on a plastic bag something like this

http://www.minigrip.nl/index.asp?strPagetype=productdetail&intHoofdgroepID=2&intProductID=9&intHoofdgroepProductKoppelID=16&intShowNr=9

But the minium quantities of those bags are like 500 does any one have an idea where i can get something like that with low quantities :D

Many thanks ;)

·
Premium Member
2,957 Posts

Every place I've seen that will print on bags requires minimums in this range.

Also, you can remove label without leaving a trace. Go to a sewing supply store and find a seam ripper. It is a tool with a small curved blade, used for, you guessed it, removing seams!

·
Registered
3,800 Posts

giancarlo said:
But i have one question left.

Im searching for a packging for my t-shirts i want to print my logo on a plastic bag
For small qty., you may just want to use a clear bag and insert a paper logo or whatever..... this way it would fill the purpose you need at low cost to start. :)

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts

Comin'OutSwingin said:
Also, you can remove label without leaving a trace. Go to a sewing supply store and find a seam ripper. It is a tool with a small curved blade, used for, you guessed it, removing seams!
Since they're sewn into the neck, won't that leave a hole you'll then need to sew up?

The easier (but less professional) alternative is to cut the tag out with a razor. It will leave a slight stump (some customers will notice, some won't). On the one hand it doesn't seem very professional, on the other hand Threadless are expecting to turn over $18,000,000 this year and are still doing it that way.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

wow i dindn't expected that from threadless.

but with a seam ripper there wont be a hole just some stiches that are taken out.

what will be the best way you guys think. Cut it out or gettin those stitches out ?

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts

If you can easily and cost effectively remove the label completely, that's the way to go.

I believe the label is sewn in with the neck of the garment though (not separately), so if you're removing it completely you'll also need to re-sew the garment. Correct me if I'm wrong here please anyone.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts

Solmu said:
I believe the label is sewn in with the neck of the garment though (not separately), so if you're removing it completely you'll also need to re-sew the garment. Correct me if I'm wrong here please anyone.
Correct. At least on every garment I've ever come across.

·
Premium Member
17 Posts

giancarlo said:
wow i dindn't expected that from threadless.

but with a seam ripper there wont be a hole just some stiches that are taken out.

what will be the best way you guys think. Cut it out or gettin those stitches out ?
We do this for our clients and I recomend not ripping open the seam becuase it is too hard to sew it back up again, we just cut the old tag out and replace the new one right where the old one came from, hope this helps !!

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts

giancarlo said:
cutting it out then. Just with a cissor or knife someting like that ?
A blade would get in closer than a pair of scissors. Sometimes the label comes out from under a ridge, so if you cut it close enough it's very inconspicuous.

·
Registered
208 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,957 Posts

Solmu said:
Since they're sewn into the neck, won't that leave a hole you'll then need to sew up?

The easier (but less professional) alternative is to cut the tag out with a razor. It will leave a slight stump (some customers will notice, some won't). On the one hand it doesn't seem very professional, on the other hand Threadless are expecting to turn over $18,000,000 this year and are still doing it that way.
I was assuming that the labels would be replaced with another label.

It is extemely easy to remove with a seam ripper.

If we are just talking about 20 labels, it would not be hard at all for someone to remove those 20 labels with a seam ripper. Then you can find someone with basic sewing experience to sew in the new label.

Even though the OP only needs twenty, the link that I provided has a company that will give you 125 printed labels for $28.50 plus $15 for a plate charge.

Very professional looking and the average person would never even know that the old label was replaced, even with close inspection.

·
Registered
208 Posts

giancarlo said:
But does the quality of printed labels hold with washing etc ?

Does someone knows company's that make printed or woven labels under 100 pieces ?
Someone already suggested and it's a great idea to imprint labels. Here are a few advantages:
  • no need to make labels,
  • no need to sew in new labels,
  • looks much better
  • label doesn't rub the neck and does not stick out

·
Premium Member
2,957 Posts

farennikov said:
Someone already suggested and it's a great idea to imprint labels. Here are a few advantages:
  • no need to make labels,
  • no need to sew in new labels,
  • looks much better
  • label doesn't rub the neck and does not stick out
Labels printed on the shirt looking better is a matter of opinion!

The total cost of the labels and equipment used to get them on the shirt can easily be more than having labels sewn in.

All of these factors must be considered.

·
Registered
208 Posts

Comin'OutSwingin said:
Labels printed on the shirt looking better is a matter of opinion!

The total cost of the labels and equipment used to get them on the shirt can easily be more than having labels sewn in.

All of these factors must be considered.
You don't have to necessarily buy this equipment. Like if you want to dig a ditch, you don't have to buy a bulldozer, do you. There's plenty of printers who do that, and it's cheap. Guys I use have all that equipment and are really decent in price, so I worry about anything.

Also, maybe what I wanted to say is that imprinted labels are not "better" but "hotter". Look at most of the designer tshirts, almost all of them imprint labels.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts