T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was working on some mini mouse pads for samples --
I was going to test JPSS on the mini's and use one with a glass of tea -- just to see if the ink was going to hold up on the mini's . . .

I was tossing some shop/work towels in the washer . . *light Bulb*~ . .
I thought . . what the heck . . why not throw the mini mouse pad in the washer with the work towels . .

the mini mouse pad was washed in cold water, with gain laundry soap... I let it dry naturally . . .

you be the judge . . I thought the mini held up well . . .

Diane
;o}

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
I think it looks good. I have been told the more you wash it the more it fades, But who washes a pad that often anyway :)

·
Premium Member
7,661 Posts
Yeah, I can see a little fade, too, but I thought exactly the same thing. I don't think I have ever washed a mouse pad. I toss them instead.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks good, Diane. What ink were they printed with? Where do you get your mouse pads? Thanks. :)

Kelly . .
I used epson's durabrite (C86 printer)
& JPSS transfers
I purchased the mini's from Boo-Z . .

I trimmed the design out last evening and tossed it in the washer this afternoon. . . so I guess the ink had at least 12 hours of set time before it was tossed in the washer

it's football tailgating time and it's almost snowbird season here . .
so the RV park wants impulse buying items ;o}
the RV park will have large groups of RVer's that will be coming in at the end of this month . . .
sooooo this is going to work out great . . .

Diane
;o]

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think it looks good. I have been told the more you wash it the more it fades, But who washes a pad that often anyway :)

wasn't really thinking of the fading . . I was wondering about the ink running -from wet glasses or beer cans, etc . . - what a better way to test than to throw it in the washer . . LOL*~

at least the ink didn't run . .

Diane
;o}

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
they look nice and fade little but not bad.and like "Kelly" say,s who is going to wash them that much.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts