T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I’ve been poking around on these threads for a while now and figured it’s time I finally join and contribute. I’m a sole proprietor dumping money out of my own pockets into building a brand slowly over the past couple of years and am ready to step it up.

First I’d like to say hello and thank you for the friendly atmosphere I have seen here. I’m constantly in search for a place to make friends and contribute knowledge & experience with one another and have decided this is definitely the place to do so.

• My printers have been really ticking me off with their quality since the beginning. Their registrations have been waay off, leaving my outlines and separate colors far from where they should be. I’m sick of taking hours to perfect my artwork and spending a lot of money to have the printers bust them out as fast as they can without care for the final outcome (its awful hard to market your brand of misprints). So I’ve decided to cut the middle man out and learn to screen myself.

I’ve got about $5,000 I’m ready to spend on Ryonets Semi Pro PLUS Complete Screen Printing Package adding the Epson 1400 BLACKMAX Ultimate Film Output System and upgrading to bigger screens with the all over platens because I like have the option of going big with my designs. I’d really like to hear what people that may have this set up think. I’m very nervous about not spending the extra money and getting a bigger press with Micro Registration options But It’s only going to be me and one other person most of the time so a 4 station press would be overkill.. I’ve been reading and reading through the threads on here and pulling my hair out trying to decide what to do. I’d really like to have the 6 color press but it's become as difficult as trying to pick a candy bar when I'm standing in the store.

Thanks! I'm looking forward to hanging around here!:)

-Gabe

· Registered
2,160 Posts
A 4 station press will never be overkill, especially if you intend to do any dark shirt flashing. 6 heads is what you'll need if you ever plan on doing multi-color jobs, or doing fronts and backs or setting up multiple jobs. Bottom line- DO NOT BE CHEAP - spend as much as you can afford, or buy a used press in good condition, and get a 6 color, 4 station.

· Registered
283 Posts
Let me add my two cents in. Honestly the Epson 1400 with blackmax is not a necessity. I use the Epson 1400 as purchased out of the store and it works fine. Really fine. I have done over 100 screens without problems (part time screen printer) over the last 4 months. The micro registration is the key and just like Ridgely said...a used press in good condition can be had for a good price. Everyone...give him your thoughts on the printer.

· Registered
120 Posts
No thoughts on the printer. I use my Epson 1280 and it does fine. But, I have been screenprinting for only a month now and I bought the 4 color/1 station press from Ryonet. I didn't want to invest a lot of money because I already have 2 DTG printers and embroidery machines. I wanted to see if screenprinting was something I wanted to do. Let me just say.....micro registeration is a must. Go ahead and get a nice set up. If you're already having your shirts printed, you have the business at hand. Good Luck!!!

Suzette70

· Registered
41 Posts
Let me add my two cents in. Honestly the Epson 1400 with blackmax is not a necessity. I use the Epson 1400 as purchased out of the store and it works fine. Really fine. I have done over 100 screens without problems (part time screen printer) over the last 4 months. The micro registration is the key and just like Ridgely said...a used press in good condition can be had for a good price. Everyone...give him your thoughts on the printer.
So are you just using one black cartridge in the printer?
Are you using any RIP software?

· Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow! This is EXACTLY why I joined! Thank you ALL so much!

It definitely sounds like the Micro Reg and even 4 stations is 110% worth it so maybe I will keep saving and go big with the 6 color 4 station. I spending a lot of money and then finding out the sky isn't the limit with what you've invested in.

For the Printer I figured the BLACKMAX would be the monster because I really want to have the option of doing an all over print but now I'm realizing the Blackmax is only capable of printing up to 13"x19" and the same for the Flash Dryer is only 18"x18" so whats the point of upgrading to all over platens if none of your other equipment is stepping up to the plate with it?

Again Thank's a Ton!
This place is Great!

· Registered
174 Posts
Hey!

MUST HAVE MICRO!!!!! Don't even think about getting one without it.

My first press didn't have micro...I out grew it on my first 2 color job.

4 STATIONS IS ALSO A MUST!!!!! I print and someone stands across from me and loads and unloads the shirts. Together we do 120 single color shirts per hour...and that's if we're being lazy.

· Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey!

MUST HAVE MICRO!!!!! Don't even think about getting one without it.

My first press didn't have micro...I out grew it on my first 2 color job.

4 STATIONS IS ALSO A MUST!!!!! I print and someone stands across from me and loads and unloads the shirts. Together we do 120 single color shirts per hour...and that's if we're being lazy.
Thanks! Thats exactly what I didn't want to happen! I didn't want to just dive in and end up wanting more out of my equipment in a matter of a couple months.

So I've decided to go with Riley Hopkins 6 color/4 station Premier Screen Shop Setup. The only thing I'm not sure of now is if I really need the $2k little buddy conveyor dryer that is included but like everyone said buy as much as I can afford.

· Registered
120 Posts
Definitely get the conveyor dryer. There's no way to keep up with that size press without a conveyor dryer. You'll have the equipment for production, but that will only slow you down and you'll regret not buying it later. I do!

Suzette70

· Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Definitely get the conveyor dryer. There's no way to keep up with that size press without a conveyor dryer. You'll have the equipment for production, but that will only slow you down and you'll regret not buying it later. I do!

Suzette70
Thank you! I'm keeping it in the package. I'll be ordering everything in about a month and can't wait to set up my shop! It's going to be so much more fun.

Thanks a TON everyone!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.