T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Question and I cant seem to find the right place to ask so if this is the wrong Forum Feel free to move it to the Correct Forum.

My question is I know Ryonet spends a ton of money on advertisement, and when you look for supplies they pop up first everytime. I've been looking to buy some Neon ink and other supplies and I've also have found another supplier MiamiScreenPrintingSupplies that sells neon ink and most all the supplies that Ryonet sells at way cheaper prices,1 Qt from Ryonet is 32.00 and the same colors for 25.00 a Qt. at Miami also Screens at almost 10 bux cheaper then Ryonet most everything I need or plan to buy is way cheaper at Miami. Has anyone ever used Miami or know of any other places that are cheaper then Ryonet. I plan to buy 1 of each color and it will save me 100.00 if I buy from Miami. By no means am I Downing Ryonet but Im starting out and Looking to get the most bang for my buck.

· Registered
3 Posts
My buddy in Miami uses FloridaFlex for all of his stuff..
Never Heard of Miamiscreenprinting before..

You're right they Market Like crazy and others do nothing..
it wasnt until an iss show that i found a good local supplier where my shipments come in next day.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply...I'll have to check them out. I like giving small businesses a chance. I will say I almost feel obligated to use Ryonet because I've watched just about every video they have on Youtube,but I'm looking to save on the start up and on my total order I would save 200.00 bux using Miami over Ryonet. I wish I had 200.00 to just throw away,maybe it will come back to bite me in the *** but I like living on the edge hahaha.:D

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah Ryonet's Shipping is what keeps me looking at their stuff, but it's only 30.00 bux to ship what I need from Miami. Maybe they will do price matching lol. I signed up for Ryonets New letter to get a coupon code and it only saved me 15.00 on a 400.00 order haha.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My buddy in Miami uses FloridaFlex for all of his stuff..
Never Heard of Miamiscreenprinting before..

You're right they Market Like crazy and others do nothing..
it wasnt until an iss show that i found a good local supplier where my shipments come in next day.
Just Checked them out and yeah they're cheaper then Ryonet also.They also sell the neons in Pints and Ryonet dont 8 pints for 96.00 thats not bad from what Ive been seeing from others. Thanks for the info. Now I can spend hrs looking at their supplies:eek:

· Registered
825 Posts
Just Checked them out and yeah they're cheaper then Ryonet also.They also sell the neons in Pints and Ryonet dont 8 pints for 96.00 thats not bad from what Ive been seeing from others. Thanks for the info. Now I can spend hrs looking at their supplies:eek:
Never ever had a problem with Ryonet. Be sure to compare ink to ink - brands make a difference. Screen brands and squeegees too. I bought my first stock from someone because they were cheaper. Turns out the product was too! I can also say if its ordered before 3pm Pacific Time, it usually ships same day. They also have East Coast and West Coast whse's to ship from. Getting something close is great, but I have been saved by them being 2 hours behind my timezone and was able to get product ordered when others were closed already. Good luck wherever you go.

CalhTech>

CalhTech>

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Never ever had a problem with Ryonet. Be sure to compare ink to ink - brands make a difference. Screen brands and squeegees too. I bought my first stock from someone because they were cheaper. Turns out the product was too! I can also say if its ordered before 3pm Pacific Time, it usually ships same day. They also have East Coast and West Coast whse's to ship from. Getting something close is great, but I have been saved by them being 2 hours behind my timezone and was able to get product ordered when others were closed already. Good luck wherever you go.

CalhTech>

CalhTech>
Your 100% right and I always think of Walmart when it comes to cheaper or inferior quality stuff at way cheaper prices that's why I'm so confused how do you know which ink is better?? I don't mind paying more if it's proven to be better, but I don't want to pay more for the same stuff either. I've been holding off on my order for 3 weeks because I'm just not sure if I should go cheap, and get crap or pay more and still get the same crap lol.... So how do you know if ink is crap or not,is there a way for details to read to tell??

· Registered
244 Posts
Miami has been in business for many years and anything they sell is quality stuff, not a fly by night outfit. I can think of at least a dozen large shops off the top of my head that use their inks and supplies from all over the country. We do not buy from them often any more (nothing to do with Miami Screen) but never had a problem with any of their stuff.

They have a Smooth and Superior white ink that's hard to beat, and will PMS match colors. They also have some of the best prices on Satti emulsion.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Binkspot...I'm glad to hear they are a good company with god supplies and I cant seem to find any other companies that can beat their prices. Looks like I'm ready to make my order and save myself a few hundred bux.

· Registered
425 Posts
@JustHavinFun. We have used Miami Screen Supply for a few of our supplies. Including split liner tape, pallet tape, and more. We have found the product to be good quality, and we are going to be placing the UPS shipping costs on our account, this way we can keep raise or weekly UPS total gross sales and keep our adjusted discounts we already have for shipping.

Especially if you buy in bulk from them, the price savings will offset your "shipping costs" when comparing the product to companies such as Ryonet who build in the shipping costs to all their pricing.

Ryonet has some good products, as do many companies across the US. One of the standout features we have found with M.S.S. is their free PMS color matching on gallons+. Also, if possible look towards getting gallons not quarts. At a price difference of $20.00 it is extremely hard to buy quarts, even for inks that may take longer to use up such as flesh or neons.

· Registered
7,155 Posts
My question is the shipping cost. We have Performance Screen down the street, and San Mar Apparel.

Performance's White Poly, Avalanche is $33.00 plus shipping. Since I drive down it's only my time and about a half gallon of gas. Shipping from Miami would be about $15.00. That would be $40.00 for a quart of ink. Also 3 days of shipping.

· Registered
425 Posts
Shipping costs can be high or low depending on your gross package weight of course. I find average shipping costs to be about $0.50 per pound when ordering a full order (2-4 gallons of ink). Average ink I think is 11 pounds a gallon.

Shipping from Miami I would guess would be $15.00 at the most, 2-3 gallons costs us about $20.00.

I think you answered your own question though, if you are right down the street from Bob at Performance I would just go right there. That way, when you are in a crunch you don't have to wait for shipping of your regular product, also his avalanche is awesome. I run it with just a little bit of his curable reducer and prints smooth.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.